2021 NFL Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pelado View Post

They changed the overtime rule a few years back. A touchdown by the first team to possess the ball in overtime wins the game. If the first team to possess the ball in overtime doesn't score, then the second team to possess the ball can win with a field goal.
    Ah. Anyone can kick a FG after the first team fails to score a TD though?
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post

Ah. Anyone can kick a FG after the first team fails to score a TD though?
      Yip. If the first team to possess it doesn't score at all on their first possession of overtime, then a field goal wins it for either team. If the first team scores a field goal, then the second team can extend the game with a field goal or win with a touchdown.
      "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
      - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Anyone else watch the ESPN broadcast of MNF with Peyton and Eli (+ Russell Wilson)? That was a lot of fun. I loved hearing them talk in "normal guy" terms about plays, scratch their heads over play calls, and joke around.
        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
          Anyone else watch the ESPN broadcast of MNF with Peyton and Eli (+ Russell Wilson)? That was a lot of fun. I loved hearing them talk in "normal guy" terms about plays, scratch their heads over play calls, and joke around.
          I watched some of it. Hilarious when Carr went with the hard count on the goal line, causing his own OL to false start right after Peyton said not to do that.
          "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
          - Goatnapper'96

Comment

New York Jets were scoreless today... they really suck:

"If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
            "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
            "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
              I have a good feeling about the Cowboys this year... They are going to go 14-3 and win the NFC East. Maybe even win the NFC.
              Yeah, the Cowboys are well on their way to winning the NFC East with tonight's impressive win over the Eagles... The cowboy's kicker still sucks, however.
              "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Yeah, the Cowboys are well on their way to winning the NFC East with tonight's impressive win over the Eagles... The cowboy's kicker still sucks, however.
                Except when it comes to kicking a 56-yard FG to win a game on the last play.
                “Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory.”
                "All things are measured against Nebraska." falafel

Comment

Zach Wilson gets his first W over Tennessee in OT.

Jets fans feel like they won the Superbowl because they will not go winless this season.

Comment

Originally posted by LVAllen View Post
                    Zach Wilson gets his first W over Tennessee in OT.

Jets fans feel like they won the Superbowl because they will not go winless this season.
                    He had some throws that were just beautiful. The one where he waved his guy downfield was placed so perfectly it was like it magnetically attached itself to the receiver. Happy for him.

Comment

Originally posted by YOhio View Post

He had some throws that were just beautiful. The one where he waved his guy downfield was placed so perfectly it was like it magnetically attached itself to the receiver. Happy for him.
                      Agree. I was happy they got the W.

In other news, Urban Meyer trending on Twitter ha ha. Apparently he is more successful at lap dances than winning NFL games.

Comment

Originally posted by YOhio View Post

I saw the highlights. Some really impressive throws. I'm laughing at the Ute pilots I work with who were saying before the draft that he's going to be a flop.

Comment

RE: 10/10/21 Packers/Bengals game.

When was the last time you saw both teams attempt field goals in the last 25 seconds of a game - to win the game - and both missed?

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                          -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

Originally posted by clackamascoug View Post
                            RE: 10/10/21 Packers/Bengals game.

When was the last time you saw both teams attempt field goals in the last 25 seconds of a game - to win the game - and both missed?
                            And then they went into overtime and both missed again.
                            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

I have a good feeling about the Cowboys this year... They are going to go 14-3 and win the NFC East. Maybe even win the NFC.
                              Yet another impressive win by the Cowboys again today... Only 10 more wins needed for their 14-3 record.
                              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                                X