Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleveland Guardians

The Cleveland Indians have a new name.

Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Guardians? Yuck.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

All of a sudden everyone wants to be called "guardians". Look at the Space Force.

Comment

Isn't that already a motorcycle gang?
        "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

LOL…. I can’t wait to hear what the Redskins change their name to. I think they need to keep “skins” in their name to keep their nickname. Maybe PigSkins or ForeSkins or something.
          "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
          "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
          "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
            LOL…. I can’t wait to hear what the Redskins change their name to. I think they need to keep “skins” in their name to keep their nickname. Maybe PigSkins or ForeSkins or something.
            It's Washington Football Team.

Having said that, I think Frogskins would be a great name.
            "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Originally posted by Commando View Post

It's Washington Football Team.

Having said that, I think Frogskins would be a great name.
              FrogSkins works.
              "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
              "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
              "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

ECEC6F6D-B6D2-41BA-86E2-52CC32BAD638.jpeg I read that there are 4 large statues in Cleveland near the ballpark that are known as the guardians of the city. That’s where the name comes from. Less lame in context, IMO.

Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Cleveland Baseball Club would have been awesome.
                  Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

I would have honored women when choosing a new name - perhaps - Cleveland Squaws.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                    -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

Working...
                    X