The Open Championship 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RC Vikings View Post

Based on your past history we know what happens, you lose.
    And I get to sit back and watch myself lose. Which is all I ask. Seriously, any format that is going to require me to substitute players in and out is too much effort for me. I just don’t care enough to play like that. Same reason I don’t play fantasy baseball and basketball. Same reason I have someone co-manage my office fantasy football team.
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post

And I get to sit back and watch myself lose. Which is all I ask. Seriously, any format that is going to require me to substitute players in and out is too much effort for me. I just don’t care enough to play like that. Same reason I don’t play fantasy baseball and basketball. Same reason I have someone co-manage my office fantasy football team.
      You could have just picked four players and hoped they all made the cut. You don't have to use your moves.

Comment

Originally posted by RC Vikings View Post

You could have just picked four players and hoped they all made the cut. You don't have to use your moves.
        Yeah, I addressed that above.
        Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

What about your NCAA pool? Kind of a lot of daily activity required there.
          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post

What about your NCAA pool? Kind of a lot of daily activity required there.
            Yeah, I guess I care enough about that to put in the time and mental energy. ????????‍♂️

Comment

Day 1
              Hovland
              Spieth
              McIlroy
              Koepka
              Total -8

Day 2
              Hovland
              Spieth
              McIlroy
              Finau

Comment

Yeah, I guess I care enough about that to put in the time and mental energy. ????????‍♂️
                You’ve spent more time posting in protest than you would a have just playing.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisrenrut View Post

In the words of the poet, William Joel:

You know you only hurt yourself out of spite
                  I guess you’d rather be a martyr tonight
                  "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                  - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Day 1
                    Molinari -2
                    Rahm +1
                    Justin Thomas +2
                    McIlroy E
                    +1 on the day

Day 2
                    Molinari
                    Rahm
                    Oosthuizen
                    McIlroy

Comment

Phil ought to be embarrassed. Seriously.

Day One Players
                      Phil (+1o)
                      JT (+2)
                      DSham (+1)
                      Zalatoris (-1)

Day One Score (+12)

Day Two Players
                      Speith
                      JT
                      DSham
                      Zalatoris

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                      -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

Originally posted by chrisrenrut View Post

Where did I say time was the issue?

Comment

Where did I say time was the issue?
                          https://www.cougarstadium.com/forum/...43#post2216143

Comment

Day 1
                            Hovland
                            Spieth
                            McIlroy
                            Koepka
                            Total -8

Day 2
                            Hovland +1
                            Spieth -3
                            McIlroy =
                            Finau -4
                            Total today -6

Day 3
                            Spieth
                            Finau
                            Hovland
                            D. Johnson

Comment

I'm with DH. I quit participating like 2 years ago. I just want to pick a winner (or 4 golfers) before the tournament starts and watch it go. Picking after each round, or using slots due to ranking is too much effort.

Comment

And to be open about it...I dropped cable last year. So I watch what golf I can watch for free, the moment is leaves the app and goes to the Network I can't watch it. Also...golf at 11 PM is hard to watch.

Comment

Working...
                                X