2021 Summer Olympics? Official Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Commando View Post
    I'm curious to see the Skateboarding and breakdancing (is that this year?) I have always loved watching the Olympics.
    And surfing!
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

And surfing!
      Surfing is loooong overdue! Especially since we have events like rhythmic gymnastics. I admit I'm ignorant as to the origins of that one, but it just seems a bit contrived.
      "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Originally posted by Commando View Post
        I'm curious to see the Skateboarding and breakdancing (is that this year?) I have always loved watching the Olympics.
        I just got off my butt and googled this. Not until 2024.
        "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Olympic golfers are dropping like flies. DeChambeau and Rahm are both out due to Covid.
          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
            Olympic golfers are dropping like flies. DeChambeau and Rahm are both out due to Covid.
            rahm tested positive again after the memorial a month ago?! makes no sense. he was even vaccinated before the memorial.
            Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Originally posted by old_gregg View Post

rahm tested positive again after the memorial a month ago?! makes no sense. he was even vaccinated before the memorial.
              Worst luck ever. The one universe must be trying to tell him something.
              "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
              "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
              - SeattleUte

Comment

(Cross post) I was watching Skateboarding Street Style the other night and, while I was chagrined to see team USA's best, most famous skater crap the bed, I was pleased that some unknown kid from Mesa took the bronze. I guess his dad owns a gym and built a skate park inside- that makes sense because the first thing I thought about was how he would only be able to skate outdoors for 6 months of the year.

Comment

Us ismthrottling South Africa in Water Polo. Rugby Water Polo interesting. I can’t get into gymnastics. Swimming track ok. Beach Volleyball teams doing good.

Comment

Women's rugby sevens is fun to watch. USA is tough; great use of the stiffarm
                    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Watched the womens' 3x3 basketball final this morning on dvr. That was fun! The pace of the game reminded me of college hoops and it gets right to the point: first to 21 or best score after 10 minutes.

Comment

British hurdler ate $h!+ before the first hurdle. I’ve watched a lot of T&F in my life and I’ve never seen that before in the 400 hurdles.
                        Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                          British hurdler ate $h!+ before the first hurdle. I’ve watched a lot of T&F in my life and I’ve never seen that before in the 400 hurdles.
                          I saw that and had to go back and watch it a couple times. Basically never got off the ground and fell right into it. Sad given that she’s a decent runner but the final three of that race are kind of known already barring any crazy issues.
                          "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Bobby Finke was a beast in the 800M and 1500M freestyle. Coffee is for closers!
                            "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Public View Post
                              Bobby Finke was a beast in the 800M and 1500M freestyle. Coffee is for closers!
                              Yeah, that was incredible.
                              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

I watched Finke's race and thought he would never ever catch them. He was a half body length behind, with only 25 yards to go. If I hadnt seen it myself...

Comment

Working...
                                X