2021 Summer Olympics? Official Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2021 Summer Olympics? Official Thread

With the Olympic trials for track and field right around the corner professional meets are ramping up as athletes are getting prepared. This Sunday USATF is holding a professional and elite track meet at Mt. Sac. (The high school division was cancelled ) The meet will be broadcast on NBC. DK Metcalf (Seattle Seahawk freak of nature) seems to be trying to qualify for the Olympic trials (though he won't confirm) and has entered the 100m. This should be interesting. I am guessing he runs about a 10.4. Most people don't realize how technical Olympic level sprinting actually is and i can't imagine DK has the requisite work to be able to get there, but I kind of hope he does. I just come back to idea that there is no way a person at that height and weight should be able to run 10.1 ish, which should qualify for the trials. He is one inch shorter than Usain Bolt but likely more than 30 lbs heavier.
    Last edited by Flystripper; 05-04-2021, 10:46 AM.
    Dyslexics are teople poo...

Less than 10% of Japanese have been vaccinated. That blows my mind - esp with the olympics around the corner.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
      Less than 10% of Japanese have been vaccinated. That blows my mind - esp with the olympics around the corner.
      Eeek! Come on, Japan! Get your shit together!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Flystripper View Post

Eeek! Come on, Japan! Get your shit intramuscular injections together!!!!

fify
        "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
        - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Sorry, my number was wrong. The real number is 2.8%.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...095be609c290aa
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

Sorry, my number was wrong. The real number is 2.8%.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...095be609c290aa
            That’s insane for such an advanced country. What gives?

"Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Originally posted by Moliere View Post

That’s insane for such an advanced country. What gives?
              From what I gather, they have had some problems with vaccines in the past. Also, the government is super skeptical of things not developed in Japan (certain amount of arrogance at play here) and so they have not completed their own testing of the Moderna vaccine for example.

Comment

From what I gather, they have had some problems with vaccines in the past. Also, the government is super skeptical of things not developed in Japan (certain amount of arrogance at play here) and so they have not completed their own testing of the Moderna vaccine for example.
                I would say in addition to the government the Japanese people as a whole are also super skeptical of things not developed in Japan. Japanese society as a whole may on occasion exhibit, umm..., reluctantance to adapt to change.

Comment

Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post

I would say in addition to the government the Japanese people as a whole are also super skeptical of things not developed in Japan. Japanese society as a whole may on occasion exhibit, umm..., reluctantance to adapt to change.
                  Exactly. Bless their hearts.

Comment

I don't seem to tire of watching Ledecky dominate. Nice trials for her again.
                    "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

A girl from my son's track team is competing in the U.S. Olympic Trials tonight in pole vault. She holds the U.S High School record at 14'9" and is headed to Duke in the fall. She is a longshot to make the US Olympic team this time around but her high school vault would have won the ACC and placed third in the NCAA Championships. She is the rill dill and only 18. Her name is Paige Sommers. Tay is pretty good friends with her. She is a real sweetheart.

link to the stream is here https://stream.nbcolympics.com/track...ult-qualifying

oh and it starts at 6:00 MT
                      Last edited by Flystripper; 06-24-2021, 04:49 PM.

Comment

I'm watching Judo. I have no idea how one scores in this sport. A total mystery how a winner is declared.

Oddly, France is fairly strong in Judo.
                        Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Olympics? Haven’t they canceled that yet?

I have heard Japan is suffering from a heat wave now. Between that and covid folks are dropping like flies.
                          "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                          "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                          "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Bump

Comment

I'm curious to see the Skateboarding and breakdancing (is that this year?) I have always loved watching the Olympics.
                              "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Working...
                              X