2021 Masters Championship - at Augusta National

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2021 Masters Championship - at Augusta National

Welcome Friends - to the 2021 CougarStadium Edition of - You-Pick-'Em - and Masters Chat.

The format the last few games has been really fun - because we can pick the same players - but placing them on different days and taking the score of that day - changes thing up enough to where it's really fun. So the game is:

Pick a person for Thursday and their score for that day is your score.
    Pick a person for Friday and their score for that day is your score.
    Pick a person for Saturday if they missed the cut - pick anyone else you want - period - and do the same for Sunday at the same time.
    All four days must be different players - so no double ups.
    No four days and peoples on the same day will count - every person must be a unique pick.
    Pick the winner before Friday - and your peers will think you know golf.
    Let's spread this around CS this week - and get a large participation from everyone - let's kick covid to the curb with a strong turnout.

Here are this years participants: https://www.masters.com/en_US/players/player_list.html
    Last edited by clackamascoug; 04-05-2021, 05:11 PM.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
    -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Thursday: Tony Finau
    Friday: Jordan Spieth
    Saturday: Justin Thomas
    Sunday: Bryson DeChambeau

Alt for Saturday if Thomas doesnt make the cut: To be provided

I reserve the right to change my picks up until the first tee off.
    Last edited by Katy Lied; 04-05-2021, 08:21 AM.

Comment

Thursday: Collin Morikawa - good first round - will choke the rest on the weekend.
      Friday: Bryson DeChambeau - gets the first day nerves out - and bombs the hell out of the course - he'll choke Sat or Sun - but Friday he wins the day.
      Saturday: Tony Finau - after he barely makes the cut - and the pressure is off - he'll play good and make a valiant effort on Saturday to get back into contention.
      Sunday: Dustin Johnson - He played lackadaisical for three days - but he took some sort of performance enhancing drug on Sunday morning - and he's knocking down the pins for a course record.

Winner: Rory McIlroy - played decent each day - in contention Sunday Morning - eagles 13 - birdies 14 - birdies 15 - birdies 16 to grab a one shot lead.
      Last edited by clackamascoug; 04-05-2021, 05:14 PM.

Comment

Thursday- Rahm
        Friday- Justin Thomas
        Saturday- McIlroy
        Sunday- Morikawa

Comment

Originally posted by clackamascoug View Post
          Thursday: Collin Morikawa - good first round - will choke the rest on the weekend.
          Friday: Bryson DeChambeau - gets the first day nerves out - and bombs the hell out of the course - he'll choke Sat or Sun - but Friday he wins the day.
          Saturday: Tony Finau - after he barely makes the cut - and the pressure is off - he'll play good and make a valiant effort on Saturday to get back into contention.
          Sunday: Dustin Johnson - He played lackadaisical for three days - but he took some sort of performance enhancing drug on Sunday morning - and he's knocking down the pins for a course record.

Winner: Rory McIlroy - played decent each day - in contention Sunday Morning - eagles 13 - birdies 14 - birdies 15 - birdies 16 to grab a one shot lead.
          Interesting. We both have Tony choking, just on different days.
          Also interesting: I cannot consider Dustin without thinking about how PEDs will influence his play. Very judgey of me.

Comment

Thursday - McIlroy
            Friday - Morikawa
            Saturday- Thomas
            Sunday - Johnson

I think DeChambeau wins this thing.

Comment

Thurs Tiger
              Fri Tiger
              Sat Tiger
              Sun Tiger

Tiger will have mastered the art of levitation so as to not put weight on his broken legs and has been working since the accident solely on upper body. The lack of a need to plant his feet will alleviate the pain in his back, thus leading to a course record 220. Going to Wendover with my savings tonight.
              “Every player dreams of being a Yankee, and if they don’t it’s because they never got the chance.” Aroldis Chapman

Comment

Originally posted by Copelius View Post
                Thurs Tiger
                Fri Tiger
                Sat Tiger
                Sun Tiger

Tiger will have mastered the art of levitation so as to not put weight on his broken legs and has been working since the accident solely on upper body. The lack of a need to plant his feet will alleviate the pain in his back, thus leading to a course record 220. Going to Wendover with my savings tonight.
                You could have at least worked Angel Cabrera in for one day, dude.
                Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

I can't believe y'all haven't been protesting the Masters being held in Georgia yet... I, for one, am not watching it.
                  "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                  "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                  "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                  GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post

You could have at least worked Angel Cabrera in for one day, dude.
                    He's in jail - but I'm sure that's the reason you evoked his name in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                      I can't believe y'all haven't been protesting the Masters being held in Georgia yet... I, for one, am not watching it.
                      Go storm a capital... instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                        I've been advocating for years that they move Augusta National out of Georgia.
                        "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                        - Goatnapper'96

Comment

But seriously folks
                          Thursday Finau
                          Friday Thomas
                          Saturday McIlroy
                          Sunday D. Johnson

If Mcilroy and/or Johnson don't make the cut, I'll just take the loss.
                          “Every player dreams of being a Yankee, and if they don’t it’s because they never got the chance.” Aroldis Chapman

Comment

Originally posted by Copelius View Post
                            But seriously folks
                            Thursday Finau
                            Friday Thomas
                            Saturday McIlroy
                            Sunday D. Johnson

If Mcilroy and/or Johnson don't make the cut, I'll just take the loss.
                            You can't quit me.

I'll assign someone.
                            Last edited by clackamascoug; 04-07-2021, 07:47 PM.

Comment

Pretty sure one of the guys with the 7:45 tee time will have the fewest strokes Thursday. Can I pick them?

Thursday: Rahm
                              Friday: Dechambeau
                              Saturday: D Johnson
                              Sunday J Thomas

Comment

Working...
                              X