No announcement yet.

"You Gotta Love It Baby" Official Jazz thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This Jazz team is so mentally weak it hurts to watch. Breaks my heart that Mitchell/Gobert won't even reach Boozer/Williams status.

Comment

• I'm not even really a Jazz fan, but I found last night's game incredibly painful to watch
      Last edited by Clark Addison; 04-26-2022, 11:30 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Clark Addison View Post
        I'm not even really a Jazz fan, but I found last night's game incredibly painful to watch
        I had it on in the background while I worked. It was painful even though I’m not a jazz fan. The sad thing is even if you take away points from the Mavericks for the dumb fouls they draw (they fall down a lot) the Jazz still get blown out.
        "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Donovan is a really inefficient scorer (average to slightly below average for the league) and a poor defender. It's unfortunate, but I haven't seen any signs that is going to change, and certainly not under this current system.
          Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Well we shot a shockingly low percentage. Worst of the season-- that will get you this kind of result. Oh well- on to the next.
            "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Maybe an unpopular opinion, but Gobert really seems to struggle whenever I watch games and I assume it’s that way in every game. He’s a great rim protector, but he’s incredibly average at rebounding for being so tall. His reaction time is slow to the ball off the rim and he has no chance at guarding someone at the three point line (not that he’s expected to do that much but teams pull him out there because he can’t handle it). I like the guy, but I’m not sure it take him over a bunch of other centers, most of whom can actually shoot from outside.

Donovan seems to have regressed from last year. The Jazz are lucky to have Clarkson since he can at least score at will of needed.
              "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Editor's Note: Gobert led the league in rebounds this year.
                "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
                  Editor's Note: Gobert led the league in rebounds this year.

Comment

Editor's Note: Gobert led the league in rebounds this year.
                    He better lead it being that tall and with Donovan clanking shots.

Comment

• height is only one aspect of rebounding - there are so many others. there have been a lot of tall guys, but rarely in NBA history has a 7'1+ player led the league in rebounding. most of the best rebounders in nba history have been in the 6'9" to 6'11" range - they tend to have bigger/wider bodies and they move better than the ultra tall players like Rudy. Yao, for example had a career high average of 10 rebounds a game. Rudy averaged 15 this year.

(edit) i decided to fact check myself because i was curious. the only players in nba history at 7'1" or taller to lead the nba in rebounds are Gobert (1x), Dikembe (2x), David Robinson (1x) Kareem (1x), Wilt (11x). Basically in the last 50 years, a player 7'1"+ has led the league in rebounds 4 times.

Kareem Abdul Jabbar and David Robinson - two of the all-time greats, over their entire careers led the league in rebounds the same number of times as Gobert who is only 29. and it should be noted that Rudy's 14.7 rpg average that he led the league with this year is more than either season Dikembe led the league and David Robinson's one season. His rpg average is lower than Kareem's the season he led the league, but his rebound percentage - which is the total number of available rebounds a player gets while he's on the floor was significantly higher than Kareem.

in short, the total rebound percentage stat completely negates any advantage rudy might have due to donovan or anybody else clanking shots as it is simply a stat that tracks the percentage of the available rebounds in a given game, season, or career - it puts them all on an even playing field.

In fact, Rudy Gobert, based on total rebound percentage is the best rebounder at his height or taller in NBA history. heck, throw height out of the equation, he is still 4th all time in nba history and his total rebound percentage just this season would top the list in terms of career leaders in nba history. to call Rudy an elite rebounder may not do him justice.

https://www.basketball-reference.com...ct_career.html
                      Last edited by smokymountainrain; 04-27-2022, 06:40 AM.
                      I'm like LeBron James.
                      -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                        Maybe an unpopular opinion, but Gobert really seems to struggle whenever I watch games and I assume it’s that way in every game. He’s a great rim protector, but he’s incredibly average at rebounding for being so tall. His reaction time is slow to the ball off the rim and he has no chance at guarding someone at the three point line (not that he’s expected to do that much but teams pull him out there because he can’t handle it). I like the guy, but I’m not sure it take him over a bunch of other centers, most of whom can actually shoot from outside.

Donovan seems to have regressed from last year. The Jazz are lucky to have Clarkson since he can at least score at will of needed.
                        Such a weird post. Let me guess: game five was the first Jazz game you watched this year.

- gobert struggles to rebound?
                        - No chance of guarding the three point line? Rudy’s a big and bigs always struggld guarding the Stephs of the nba, but Rudy is a great on ball defender for a big man; he has really improved this part of his game.
                        - clarkson was great last game, but had a clunker of a season.

you should stick to the lakers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                          Donovan is a really inefficient scorer (average to slightly below average for the league) and a poor defender. It's unfortunate, but I haven't seen any signs that is going to change, and certainly not under this current system.
                          The Jazz need to find the right time to sell high on Mitchell. Although, that time may have passed already and it may just be get as much possible for him. Mitchell will have stretches where he looks incredible, but he can't sustain it for long stretches. We have seen his ceiling.
                          As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                          --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post

The Jazz need to find the right time to sell high on Mitchell. Although, that time may have passed already and it may just be get as much possible for him. Mitchell will have stretches where he looks incredible, but he can't sustain it for long stretches. We have seen his ceiling.
                            I don't think so. He is such a dynamic ball handler- if he added any sort of assist game to his arsenal he would be deadly. He is several years from his prime, but I grant you he had a crappy season for whatever reason.

Comment

I don't think so. He is such a dynamic ball handler- if he added any sort of assist game to his arsenal he would be deadly. He is several years from his prime, but I grant you he had a crappy season for whatever reason.
                              I think its the same issue that any team that wants to be a contender has. The jazz need a serious 3rd player. Clarkson isn't it. Mountain Mike isn't it. Bojan isn't it.
                              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post

I think its the same issue that any team that wants to be a contender has. The jazz need a serious 3rd player. Clarkson isn't it. Mountain Mike isn't it. Bojan isn't it.
                                I think the Jazz' real problem is that they don't have a #1; at least a #1 good enough to be the #1 player on a champion.

Let's let Danny do what Danny does best; blow it up!

Comment

Working...
                                X