"You Gotta Love It Baby" Official Jazz thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Applejack View Post

I think the Jazz' real problem is that they don't have a #1; at least a #1 good enough to be the #1 player on a champion.

Let's let Danny do what Danny does best; blow it up!
    lol. Every single one of Utah's marquee players in the past have been the product of a Utah draft pick, with the exception of Carlos Boozer. Blowing it up is a really dumb idea if you're not in a major market that attracts free agents like say L.A., Boston, or NY. Mike Conley, personality-wise, is a different kind of cat, demonstratively, or he woulda been outta here last year, too. We have some really good pieces, but, LIKE L.A. and Brooklyn, lack some chemistry. We have no 'glue' guys outside of Conley and Clarkson. Ricky Rubio and Joe Ingles had this team overperforming for how talented those teams were. This team is way more talented-- we just have no chemistry. We can let that marinate and develop naturally or we can attempt to bring in some vets/ glue guys. It's very tempting to just throw up your hands in frustration, but this team is doing a lot of good things and remains competitive for all the mental lapses and bone headed mistakes we see.

My fear is that if we 'blow up' this team, we are looking at a real scorched earth situation where we may not be good enough to make the playoffs for 5-10 years.
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post

I think its the same issue that any team that wants to be a contender has. The jazz need a serious 3rd player. Clarkson isn't it. Mountain Mike isn't it. Bojan isn't it.
      It all comes back to Gordon Hayward, doesn't it?
      "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post

lol. Every single one of Utah's marquee players in the past have been the product of a Utah draft pick, with the exception of Carlos Boozer. Blowing it up is a really dumb idea if you're not in a major market that attracts free agents like say L.A., Boston, or NY. Mike Conley, personality-wise, is a different kind of cat, demonstratively, or he woulda been outta here last year, too. We have some really good pieces, but, LIKE L.A. and Brooklyn, lack some chemistry. We have no 'glue' guys outside of Conley and Clarkson. Ricky Rubio and Joe Ingles had this team overperforming for how talented those teams were. This team is way more talented-- we just have no chemistry. We can let that marinate and develop naturally or we can attempt to bring in some vets/ glue guys. It's very tempting to just throw up your hands in frustration, but this team is doing a lot of good things and remains competitive for all the mental lapses and bone headed mistakes we see.

My fear is that if we 'blow up' this team, we are looking at a real scorched earth situation where we may not be good enough to make the playoffs for 5-10 years.
        Yes, and we have wasted all of our draft picks on trades for players to help us compete right now. I don't think this team (with a core of Conley, Mitchell, Gobert) is ever going to be more than first round hard-fought loser or occasional second round sacrificial lamb. They just are not good enough. The playoffs the last five years have demonstrated that the team is not built to win in the postseason.

Now I love mitchell, I really love Gobert, and I used to love Conley, but at some point you have to look at what you ceiling is and if it's not high enough you have to move when the players still have value (note: Conley does not). I think that you could get a load of draft picks or nice young players for Mitchell, some good pieces for Gobert, and a NFT for Conley...but if they wait a few years, and it doesn't work, you are left with Mitchell leaving for NY, Gobert leaving for Golden State, Clarkson leaving for a paycheck, and Conley still on the team for a dozen more years. If you are worried about how the Jazz can build a team w/o draft picks, that should be your worst nightmare.

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post

It all comes back to Gordon Hayward, doesn't it?
          Ha. Is that dude even in the league anymore?
          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post

It’s official. I’m out on Conley. For whatever reason, this just isn’t working.
            Bump
            Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post

Ha. Is that dude even in the league anymore?
              Last I heard, he wanted a 'change in scenery' from Charlotte.

Comment

Working...
              X