TdF 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by creekster View Post
    Stage 6 tomorrow begins at Tours and rolls through the La Loire region including a drive by of the chateau at Chenonceaux, which is my favorite one in that area. It should be gorgeous scenery. the stage is flat and everyone wants Cav to win again, but I think it might be too much to ask. Maybe bohani.
    Tomorrow will definitely be one for beautiful scenery. I’ve never been to the Loire (it wasn’t in the Paris mission in my day) but we will visit it at least once at some point. The chateaux in that area are more like palaces, absolutely stunningly beauftiful, as is the landscape as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Stage 6 tomorrow begins at Tours and rolls through the La Loire region including a drive by of the chateau at Chenonceaux, which is my favorite one in that area. It should be gorgeous scenery. the stage is flat and everyone wants Cav to win again, but I think it might be too much to ask. Maybe bohani.

Thanks for another interesting write-up and for the heads up on tomorrow's stage. We really enjoyed the area and, in particular, Chenonceau with a history as fascinating as its design. For the benefit of those who haven't been there, I'll mention that the portion that spans the River Cher was used occasionally as an escape route from Nazi-occupied France to the free zone.

Comment

when my parents served their first mission they made an attempt to visit every chateau in the Loire valley. I think they were successful, or very close

Comment

Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
          when my parents served their first mission they made an attempt to visit every chateau in the Loire valley. I think they were successful, or very close
          Did any of them accept the gospel?

Comment

Originally posted by Clark Addison View Post

Did any of them accept the gospel?
            Yes, both my parents did.

Comment

Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
              Yes, both my parents did.

Comment

Cavendish again, almost like seeing Mickelson win the PGA. Thanks for the write up Creek.

Comment

Originally posted by RC Vikings View Post
                  Cavendish again, almost like seeing Mickelson win the PGA. Thanks for the write up Creek.
                  Cavendish is pretty amazing. TUrning back the clock. And Cav is winning fairly easily. His post race interview was a bit more like the old Cav; confident, funny. But still so much more likeable. I think as you realize you are much closer to the end than you are to the beginning you appreciate just how fleeting it all is.

PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Cavendish is pretty amazing. TUrning back the clock. And Cav is winning fairly easily. His post race interview was a bit more like the old Cav; confident, funny. But still so much more likeable. I think as you realize you are much closer to the end than you are to the beginning you appreciate just how fleeting it all is.
                    I follow Kuss on Strava and they did 102 miles in 3 hours and 27 minutes today, 29.5 mph average. It's hard to get a bike up to 29.5 mph let alone hold it for 102 miles. Amazing

Comment

Originally posted by RC Vikings View Post

I follow Kuss on Strava and they did 102 miles in 3 hours and 27 minutes today, 29.5 mph average. It's hard to get a bike up to 29.5 mph let alone hold it for 102 miles. Amazing
                      On my daily ride I go down a decent slope losing about 100' of elevation very quickly. There is a speed limit sign that gives you your speed back, flashing if you are too fast. My goal is to hit 29 mph going DOWN HILL and if I get it up to 32 I am having a fast day. Sure, it might be easier if you are in a peloton of 170 guys. Maybe. But your point is a good one. Its hard to believe.

Part of the same ride includes a hill of 350' rise over 1.1 miles. For me this is a good-sized hill. It usually cuts my rolling speed in half or maybe even more. A few years back the Tour of Calif. rode up that hill on a stage. Those guys hit the bottom at about 27mph (it was mid-stage and no one was pushing it) and they went up without slowing down any discernible amount (I was on the road running alongside, so it is admittedly a subjective evaluation). The speed and strength to weight ratio these guys have is unbelievable.
                      PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Big display of emotion from Cavendish after that ride. Very grateful to the two that helped him make the cut off time.

Comment

Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                          Sepp Kuss is a killer.

bump
                          "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Originally posted by Moliere View Post

bump
                            Go America!

Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Working...
                            X