• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The post is such the good! Agreed!

Comment

Anyone watch the game last night?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

"I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
      - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Originally posted by Pelado View Post
        Anyone watch the game last night?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
        I caught about half of the game. Portland is really bad. The boys played fairly well. Haarms had a great game, and the announcers were lovin' on him all game.

Comment

Originally posted by bluegoose View Post

I caught about half of the game. Portland is really bad. The boys played fairly well. Haarms had a great game, and the announcers were lovin' on him all game.
          Avery Johnson was fun to listen to. When Haarms got compared to David Robinson I wish the camera had been on Avery. LOL.

Portland sucks! and so does its basketball team. What did they say during the game? That Portland hadn't won a conference game in close to 3 years or something like that?

Comment

Portland does suck but they kept it pretty competitive through the first half with shots from distance. Once their one big man fouled out, it was open season for Haarms. I think his numbers were also aided by the fact that Harward had to sit for a while with whatever happened to his hand/wrist. Matt got more minutes than he would normally.

I was pretty disappointed in the BYU shooting in the first half. Lots of open shots from three with seemingly very few makes. Thankfully, some of those started dropping in the second half, bringing the full-game average to 42.4% (14 of 33).
            "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
            - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Originally posted by Pelado View Post
              Portland does suck but they kept it pretty competitive through the first half with shots from distance. Once their one big man fouled out, it was open season for Haarms. I think his numbers were also aided by the fact that Harward had to sit for a while with whatever happened to his hand/wrist. Matt got more minutes than he would normally.

I was pretty disappointed in the BYU shooting in the first half. Lots of open shots from three with seemingly very few makes. Thankfully, some of those started dropping in the second half, bringing the full-game average to 42.4% (14 of 33).
              We always seem to start slow. Not sure why. That is going to come back and bite us eventually.

Haarms was fantastic. Fun to see him get better each week.

I can't understand pope's rotations sometimes. Can't believe he starts Knell and George doesn't get off the bench until late in the second half.
              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

We always seem to start slow. Not sure why. That is going to come back and bite us eventually.
                I'd say that was what did us in against Boise. Maybe Gonzaga too, but I don't think that was a deciding factor.

Comment

Haarms was fantastic. Fun to see him get better each week.

I can't understand pope's rotations sometimes. Can't believe he starts Knell and George doesn't get off the bench until late in the second half.
                  It has been pretty odd to see how well George plays when he gets in and compare that to the minutes he gets. Seems like he's deserving of more.

I was a proponent of Spencer Johnson getting more minutes early in the season, but he hasn't been nearly as productive offensively with an expanded role. I don't remember feeling that Knell deserved more minutes than he was getting, but I feel similarly about his offensive production recently. Maybe he does a lot better in practices than he does in games.

With Harding dropping from the starting spot, I was curious if that was because of some injury he's working back from or if it was performance-based. I've often thought he's too timid offensively - too deferential to others when he has a really good look. I don't think he should be shooting a lot more than he has been - maybe just one or two more shots per game.
                  - Goatnapper'96

Comment

I think part of this is that we have four quality big bodies at the 4/5 position and we wear teams down with that over time.

Comment

Holy crap. Pacific is up by 5 on Gonzaga with 15 minutes to go in the second half. I doubt Pacific can win but has any conference team been up on the Zags in the second half of the game this season?

Comment

Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
                        Holy crap. Pacific is up by 5 on Gonzaga with 15 minutes to go in the second half. I doubt Pacific can win but has any conference team been up on the Zags in the second half of the game this season?
                        Pacific seems like they are maybe a lot better than their NET (136) and kenpom (127) ratings would indicate. Maybe their RPI rating of 35 isn't such a fluke.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-ba.../rankings/rpi/
                        - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
                          And the Zags prevail by 18. They are really good.
                          - Goatnapper'96

Comment

The bracket matrix was again remarkably accurate.

Only one surprise this year in terms of who was in or out -- Wichita State got in instead of Louisville.

The committee rated these teams a little higher than the bracketologists:

W. Virginia 3 instead of 4
                            Colorado 5 instead of 6
                            SDSU 6 instead of 7
                            Florida 7 instead of 8

Teams the committee liked less than the bracketologists:

Wisconsin 9 instead of 7
                            Missouri 9 instead of 7
                            LSU 8 instead of 6
                            Oklahoma state 4 instead of 3

http://www.bracketmatrix.com/

Comment

For the past couple years I’ve had a tv in my office. I really don’t deserve or need it but it comes in handy during July (TdF), March (ncaa tourney) and other times like when trumpions are storming the capital. But starting next week I move to the new mothership and get a small interior office (like everyone else except for the very senior management, I guess they get windows). I usually work from home on fridays but drove in today just so I could have one more day with March madness on while I work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

It will be interesting to see how the Big 10 does. Despite Michigan State's loss will the league live up to the hype or will it flop as it has in so many previous tournaments?

Comment

Working...
                                X