No announcement yet.

BYU 2020-2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I do not understand that game plan. The first half saw only a handful of post touches. Instead of pounding it inside, they kept letting it fly from distance. And missing.

I'm really glad they pulled out the victory at the end for multiple reasons. One of those reasons is so that Lohner doesn't develop a complex after blowing those free throws. But he damn well better make his shots the next time he is in that type of situation. Not that he was alone in atrocious shooting from the charity stripe.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

"I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• https://twitter.com/BYUbasketball/st...585293314?s=20

"I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
      - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• time to go to Black's beach I guess since they aren't doing anything else today.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
          time to go to Black's beach I guess since they aren't doing anything else today.
          Is the surfing good there?
          - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• https://twitter.com/BYUbasketball/st...043911683?s=20

- Goatnapper'96

Comment

• https://twitter.com/975Hans/status/1...762855937?s=20

- Goatnapper'96

Comment

• That game was fun to watch. It's a wonder how much better the team can look when going against the worst team in the conference.

Nice to see Gideon do so well in his first start. He can really board and continued to show that he can attack the rim off the dribble. There were a few defensive lapses, but I'll take those considering how he was scoring and rebounding. And, as he gets more minutes, the defensive lapses should decrease.

Lohner, who also started, played well, too. He's also a pretty good rebounder. He showed a few nice offensive moves to score and had that great save that led to the Haarms assist on the 3 in the corner. Still had at least one avoidable turnover and didn't finish at the rim on one or two occasions. He did have that nice alley-oop dunk that didn't count because of the foul called on Haarms near mid-court. Overall, I thought he did well.

Kolby got about the number of minutes I predicted per game before the season, perhaps in part because Portland is pretty small. I don't remember thinking during the game "They need to get Kolby in there right away". I'm glad he did get some minutes at the end, though. His role should probably be pared way back to situational minutes. His floor time should depend on how well he can guard other bigs and how many fouls BYU's other bigs have.
                - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• https://twitter.com/JonRothstein/sta...161709060?s=19

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

- Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Was I the only one here who watched the Portland game?
                    - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                      Was I the only one here who watched the Portland game?
                      I had a conflict. Can’t find a replay option dang it.
                      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

I had a conflict. Can’t find a replay option dang it.
                        https://wccsports.com/

it is under the ON DEMAND VIDEOS

Comment

Was I the only one here who watched the Portland game?
                          I watched it. Was fun to see Gorgeous George get his first start!

Comment

Originally posted by Pelado
                            According to ESPN's BPI tool as of today:

BYU has a 59% chance to win tomorrow at San Francisco (2.5 point predicted margin)
                            Their projected conference record is 10.2 - 4.8
                            They have a 1.8% chance of winning the regular season conference championship (seems high)
                            Chance of making the round of 32 - 35.5%
                            Chance of making the Sweet 16 - 12.8%
                            Chance of making the Elite 8 - 4.7%
                            Chance of making the Final 4 - 1.5%
                            Chance of making the Championship game - 0.4%
                            Chance of winning the Championship - 0.1%

​​I'm kind of surprised that Gonzaga is third on their list of likelihood of winning the title (11.7%). They trail Baylor (23.1%) and Iowa (14%). Their game against Baylor got postponed. They beat Iowa by 11 on a neutral floor.

According to ESPN's BPI tool as of today:

BYU has a 73% chance to win on Wednesday at Pepperdine (6.7 point predicted margin)
                            Their projected conference record is 11.8 - 3.2
                            They have a 2.5% chance of winning the regular season conference championship
                            Chance of making the round of 32 - 50.4%
                            Chance of making the Sweet 16 - 20.0%
                            Chance of making the Elite 8 - 7.2%
                            Chance of making the Final 4 - 2.1%
                            Chance of making the Championship game - 0.7%
                            Chance of winning the Championship - 0.2% (Doubled from last time!)

Edit: Gonzaga is now up to the second highest likelihood of winning the national title (16.8%) behind Baylor (27.1%). Iowa dropped to 10.2% Next highest is Houston (6.8%), Villanova (6.5%) and Virginia (5.1%). Everyone else is below 5%.

According to ESPN's BPI tool as of today (Feb 8):

BYU has a 22.6% chance to win tonight at home against Gonzaga (8.5 point predicted margin)
                            Their projected conference record is 8.7 - 3.3
                            They have a 0.2% chance of winning the regular season conference championship
                            Chance of making the round of 32 - 52.3%
                            Chance of making the Sweet 16 - 20.9%
                            Chance of making the Elite 8 - 7.4%
                            Chance of making the Final 4 - 2.6%
                            Chance of making the Championship game - 0.8%
                            Chance of winning the Championship - 0.2%

Gonzaga still has the second highest likelihood of winning the national title (21.2%) behind Baylor (31.3%). Others above 5%:

Houston (7.0%)
                            Iowa (6.3%)
                            Illinois (5.0%)

Anyone else planning to watch the game tonight?
                            Last edited by Pelado; 02-08-2021, 12:23 PM.
                            - Goatnapper'96

Comment

According to ESPN's BPI tool as of today (Feb 8):

BYU has a 22.6% chance to win tonight at home against Gonzaga (8.5 point predicted margin)
                              Their projected conference record is 8.7 - 3.3
                              They have a 0.2% chance of winning the regular season conference championship
                              Chance of making the round of 32 - 52.3%
                              Chance of making the Sweet 16 - 20.9%
                              Chance of making the Elite 8 - 7.4%
                              Chance of making the Final 4 - 2.6%
                              Chance of making the Championship game - 0.8%
                              Chance of winning the Championship - 0.2%

Gonzaga still has the second highest likelihood of winning the national title (21.2%) behind Baylor (31.3%). Others above 5%:

Houston (7.0%)
                              Iowa (6.3%)
                              Illinois (5.0%)

Anyone else planning to watch the game tonight?
                              Wouldn't miss it. Single digit odds is respectable. It is a darn shame the MC will be empty. That game last year was one of my favorite BYU moments.
                              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• No game audio?
                                "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

Working...
                                X