BYU 2020-2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poor Baxter.

I have no idea what the injury is, but I feel bad for the guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
      I like his hair.
      I certainly like it better than Erickson's. Looks like he did that on a dare.
      "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

Comment

Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
        Poor Baxter.

I have no idea what the injury is, but I feel bad for the guy.
        They said it looked like he banged it. Hopefully it's just bruised.
        "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

Comment

I liked Lohner. He was a beast on the boards. If can learn to shoot, he'll be a keeper. And what's the deal with Harward shooting free throws? I don't think the trajectory of his shot gets higher than 11 feet. But I love everything else about his game.

Comment

18 turnovers by BYU. 50 fouls called. That was brutal. Learning opportunity I guess.

Yeah Lohner is going to be great. And it was nice to have some depth given all the foul calls.
            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Non Sequitur View Post
              I certainly like it better than Erickson's. Looks like he did that on a dare.
              My daughter calls Erickson, "Malfoy".

She is six. Out of the mouth of babes.

Comment

Baxter our for the season with a torn ACL. I hadn’t heard that until now. That’s terrible.
                "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

Baxter with torn ACL and torn meniscus. Likely out for the season

EDIT: Dang, I’m a hack. Beaten by Joe Public

Comment

Yikes. Haarms looks like he ate too much thanksgiving turkey.

Comment

AB finishing strong.

Comment

Barcello. Dude looks great.
                        Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

Haarms starting to settle in a bit.
                          "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

I really wish we had Woodberry. He is good.

Comment

Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
                              I really wish we had Woodberry. He is good.
                              Yeah he is great.
                              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Pretty disappointing for Gavin Baxter. After working hard to come back from injury last season, really sucks for him to lose this season. Tough for the team, too, as he was looking to be a pretty significant contributor.

A few thoughts on tonight's game against UVU:

Seems like they shortened the bench a bit tonight, providing a better idea of who the coaches trust right now.

Haarms did look lost at first (as he admitted in the postgame show) but started getting into the flow by the second half. Its probably too late, but I'd like to see a bit more muscle on his frame. He'll probably have to absorb a lot of punishment this season.

George did pretty well on defense, but he got called for a couple of silly fouls while swiping at the ball through the defender while 30ish feet from the basket. Not the best fouls.

I really like Lohner's energy and basketball IQ. He's been stealing and deflecting passes, chasing down loose balls and rebounds, and generally doing some great things on the floor. I'm hoping he can get a little more comfortable on the court to where he starts making his shots. Once he's hitting shots consistently, he'll be really tough to stop.

Really hope Barcelo is OK after that nasty fall. I wish he hadn't been in the game when up 20 and under a minute to go. Also, wasn't a big fan of the UVU defender who fouled out taking Barcelo to the ground.

I projected that Knell would have more minutes on this team than most of the rest of you who gave projections, and he's getting even more minutes than I think I projected. He's done pretty well with those minutes.

I'm surprised Lowell wasn't had more time on the court. I think they said he was coming off an injury, but I was expecting the former WAC freshman of the year to warrant more playing time.

My wife liked the pregame Deep Blue segment on Harding, his sister, his grandmother, and his wife.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                                "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                                - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Working...
                                X