Clear All

• I was saying all night "Spence Johnson will win this one for us"

Comment

• Originally posted by Clark Addison View Post
      I was saying all night "Spence Johnson will win this one for us"
      Lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
        The Pep flopping is off the charts ridiculous.
        Not sure I have ever seen anything like it. Has to be some kind of record.
        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• So many turnovers. Pepperdine had scouted well. Having Haarms up top handling the ball on those dribble handoffs typically did not work out well. And Pepperdine was collapsing into the paint on all the drives, which made it easier for them to get all those offensive foul calls. They needed to drive the lane under control and then kick it out to wide open shooters on the perimeter. Instead, they kept driving and turning it over as multiple defenders converged or getting called for charges.

I thought Spencer played really well most of the game, especially with his defense on Ross. And I loved his steal and pass back that sealed the game.

How the hell did Harding get so disconnected from the guy he was guarding that he felt like he had to run through their best free throw shooter? Not impressed with that play.

So many turnovers, but they still pulled it off in the end. Survive and advance, even when you're not playing your best game.

Gonzaga will be a much different style of play and a much different challenge. It doesn't help that it's such a short turnaround after a late overtime game, but both times they played Gonzaga this season it was on short notice, so at least they're used to it by now.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Last edited by Pelado; 03-09-2021, 12:58 AM.
          "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
          - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
            How the hell did Harding get so disconnected from the guy he was guarding that he felt like he had to run through their best free throw shooter? Not impressed with that play.
            Crazy how bad he is this year. What happened to him?
            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

Crazy how bad he is this year. What happened to him?
              A woman.

He did not have a great game. In the first half, he missed two wide open three-point attempts and then, in lieu of taking (and missing) a third attempt, tried driving to the paint through his defender, drawing the charge. He took a seat after that sequence.

Last edited by Pelado; 03-09-2021, 06:11 AM.
              "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
              - Goatnapper'96

Comment

A woman.

He did not have a great game. In the first half, he missed two wide open three-point attempts and then, in lieu of taking (and missing) a third attempt, tried driving to the paint through his defender, drawing the charge. He took a seat after that sequence.

His woman is having a great year!

Comment

• Such a frustratingly satisfying game.
                  “Every player dreams of being a Yankee, and if they don’t it’s because they never got the chance.” Aroldis Chapman

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

His woman is having a great year!
                    She is good. I watched that game yesterday as well. That was a fun one after the first quarter.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post

No. 1979 and 1980 are in the books officially as second round games. There were first rounds those years but BYU was seeded high enough to have a bye. In 79 there were 40 teams, and in 80 there were 48. In 81 the tournament was also 48 teams, so as a 6 seed they did play in the first round and beat 11 seed Princeton. In 1980, six seed Clemson beat 11 seed Utah State before facing BYU.
                      Fair enough. I was aware that there were fewer teams in the tournament in those years, but was misinterpreting your statement of "first round" as their first game in the tournament.
                      - Goatnapper'96

Comment

According to ESPN's BPI tool as of today (Feb 22):

BYU has a 87.1% chance to win Thursday against San Francisco (12.5 point predicted margin)
                        Their projected conference record is 9.7 - 3.3
                        They have a <0.1% chance of winning the regular season conference championship
                        Chance of making the round of 32 - 57.0%
                        Chance of making the Sweet 16 - 22.9%
                        Chance of making the Elite 8 - 8.4%
                        Chance of making the Final 4 - 3.1%
                        Chance of making the Championship game - 1.0%
                        Chance of winning the Championship - 0.3%

Gonzaga still has the second highest likelihood of winning the national title (27.5%), now just barely behind Baylor (27.8%). Others above 5%:

Iowa (9.2%)
                        Houston (6.2%)
                        Michigan (5.5%)
                        Illinois (5.3%)
                        According to ESPN's BPI tool as of today (Mar 9):

BYU has a 15.3% chance to win today against Gonzaga (12.1 point predicted margin)
                        Chance of making the round of 32 - 59.4%
                        Chance of making the Sweet 16 - 24.5%
                        Chance of making the Elite 8 - 8.5%
                        Chance of making the Final 4 - 2.9%
                        Chance of making the Championship game - 0.8%
                        Chance of winning the Championship - 0.2%

Gonzaga (25.6%) overtook Baylor (21.7%) as the most likely to win the national title after Baylor dropped a game to Kansas. Others above 5%:

Houston (9.8%)
                        Iowa (9.6%)
                        Illinois (7.2%)
                        Michigan (6.9%)
                        - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Well, for once we aren't getting blown out of the building in the first few minutes.

George hitting 3's is helpful

Comment

• Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
                            Well, for once we aren't getting blown out of the building in the first few minutes.

George hitting 3's is helpful
                            Hey come one. We have a dedicated thread!

Comment

According to ESPN's BPI tool as of today (Mar 9):

BYU has a 15.3% chance to win today against Gonzaga (12.1 point predicted margin)
                              Chance of making the round of 32 - 59.4%
                              Chance of making the Sweet 16 - 24.5%
                              Chance of making the Elite 8 - 8.5%
                              Chance of making the Final 4 - 2.9%
                              Chance of making the Championship game - 0.8%

Gonzaga (25.6%) overtook Baylor (21.7%) as the most likely to win the national title after Baylor dropped a game to Kansas. Others above 5%:

Houston (9.8%)
                              Iowa (9.6%)
                              Illinois (7.2%)
                              Michigan (6.9%)
                              BYU beat the spread and outperformed the BPI prediction of a 12-point margin, but still fell in the NET from #19 all the way down to #20. Here's what ESPN's BPI tool says after the WCC tournament loss to Gonzaga:

Chance of making the round of 32 - 57.0%
                              Chance of making the Sweet 16 - 22.2%
                              Chance of making the Elite 8 - 8.1%
                              Chance of making the Final 4 - 2.6%
                              Chance of making the Championship game - 1.0%

Kind of interesting that the probabilities for most everything went down except for the chance of making the title game (up from 0.8%) and the chance of winning the title (steady at 0.2%).
                              - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Seed is fair, but that’s a slap in the face draw, IMO.
                                Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Working...
                                X