Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jay santos
    replied
    That was tough to watch. We didn't shoot well, but I was very unimpressed with our offense. A lot of bad/forced shots. I understand why Pope would be playing so many players right now, trying to figure out what's the best rotation and which players will step forward. But I hope he cuts it back significantly. We need more consistency with the same players on the floor. I think I'd go Barcello, Averette, Knell, Harding, Johnson at the guards and Haarms, Lohner, Lee at the bigs and leave it at that.

Leave a comment:

• Non Sequitur
    replied
    Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
    A few reasons, including the impressive new talent, better depth, Pope, and the fact that I often don't know what I'm talking about.
    They're going to be a lot better than they showed today. There's not a lot of chemistry yet. They haven't settled on a rotation yet, haven't figured out yet how to best utilize Haarms, and haven't figured how to use both Barcello and Averette together. And Lohner will get nothing but better. This team has better length than we typically have. Better rebounding than we typically have and a ton more depth than we typically have. It might not be a team that will go deep in the tournament, but it's a team that's going to be a lot better team than we're used to.

Leave a comment:

• PaloAltoCougar
    replied
    Originally posted by Lost Student View Post
    After the turnover BYU had from last year? Why?
    A few reasons, including the impressive new talent, better depth, Pope, and the fact that I often don't know what I'm talking about.

Leave a comment:

• Commando
    replied
    ha. I think we'll be fine this year. USC really disrupted our offense in a sustained manner. I suspect that won't happen too often now that Coach obviously sees that's something to work on/eliminate.

Leave a comment:

• Lost Student
    replied
    Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
    I've been telling people this year's edition is going to be the best I've seen since Jimmer's final year. I'm going to get ripped over the next few days. Hope I can hang onto my "going to be" qualifier.
    After the turnover BYU had from last year? Why?

Leave a comment:

• PaloAltoCougar
    replied
    I've been telling people this year's edition is going to be the best I've seen since Jimmer's final year. I'm going to get ripped over the next few days. Hope I can hang onto my "going to be" qualifier.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Lebowski
    replied
    That game was like an ice cold shower.

Leave a comment:

• Pelado
    replied
    Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
    no real positives from the game. Haarms started and played really well early but there wasn't much help. George is much better than I thought he would be and played a solid game, non stop hustle.
    George had the best game of any Cougar, which isn't saying much. He wasn't intimidated by their size or athleticism. He did get jobbed by the officials near the end of the first half. He went up for a shot on the baseline and the defender got a little bit of ball and a lot of his arm, sending George onto his back. No call.
    Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
    It sounds like they couldn’t hit the broadside of a barn.
    Lots of open looks with very few makes. In addition, it didn't seem that they rebounded very well (in spite of lots of offensive rebound opportunities). They also had lots of unforced errors - two guys going after a rebound and knocking it to a Trojan, getting a steal and then losing it out of bounds, passing the ball out of bounds or to a guy who isn't looking/expecting it, etc.

Hopefully it was just jitters and they play a lot better tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Green Monstah
    replied
    End of 1st half and beginning of second half were brutal.

Barcello's lack of height was definitely a liability this game.

Our bigs have to either finish down low or draw the foul. They had some good looks and just couldn't add value.

Haarms tweaked his ankle, but played afterward, so that's good.

Gideon George actually provided a bit of a spark when no one else would. In the first three games, I noticed that sometimes folks were hesitant to pass him the ball and wondered why. Well, I think it's because it's hard to get the ball back from him. But if the shots drop....

Leave a comment:

• LiveCoug
    replied
    Imma go ahead and not watch my recording of this game when I get home

Leave a comment:

• frank ryan
    replied
    It sounds like they couldn’t hit the broadside of a barn.

Leave a comment:

• BigPiney
    replied
    Originally posted by Joe Public View Post
    I’m just tracking the score, but it looks like a whooping.
    no real positives from the game. Haarms started and played really well early but there wasn't much help. George is much better than I thought he would be and played a solid game, non stop hustle.

Leave a comment:

• Joe Public
    replied
    Originally posted by BigPiney View Post

dang
    I’m just tracking the score, but it looks like a whooping.

Leave a comment:

• originalsocal
    replied
    Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
    I think Lohner just needs....confidence isn't the right word...I think he has tons of that...but maybe a bit of self-assurance. My impression is that he's trying not to make mistakes offensively, when he really just needs to trust his instincts a bit more, and take good shots when they're presented to him. I like his hustle.
    I think word you are searching for the word "experience". This will be a good team, but they don't know each other well enough to trust each other. That will come.

Leave a comment:

• BigPiney
    replied

dang

Leave a comment:

Working...
X