X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeff Lebowski
    replied
    Originally posted by Joe Public View Post
    Are you talking about football, or is there something going on with basketball as well?
    Liberty football.

Leave a comment:

• Joe Public
    replied
    Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    I feel a little guilty hoping those COVID tests come back positive.
    Are you talking about football, or is there something going on with basketball as well?

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Lebowski
    replied
    Originally posted by Now who’s the dean? View Post
    It’s not sinful if you pray for false positives.

———————————————————————
    And I don’t agree with that in the workplace

Leave a comment:

• Now who’s the dean?
    replied
    Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    It’s not sinful if you pray for false positives.

———————————————————————
    And I don’t agree with that in the workplace

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Lebowski
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Eddie
    replied
    This game was a LOT more fun to watch than yesterday. Knell (and the rest of the team) hitting some 3's. George looking athletic and hitting the boards. BYU handling the press well enough to win - while still struggling enough to know they've got some work to do.

Overall - good game.

Leave a comment:

• BigPiney
    replied
    Originally posted by SCcoug View Post
    Gideon George with a double double off the bench. He's been huge on the glass and at the line here at the end.
    I call him Gorgeous George, because I am dumb. He played great both games. I am surprised he has been playing as much as he has, didn't expect that when he was signed.

Leave a comment:

• SCcoug
    replied
    Gideon George with a double double off the bench. He's been huge on the glass and at the line here at the end.

Leave a comment:

• Pelado
    replied
    Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
    Still like how Pope thinks outside the box, tho.
    So do I, though it failed miserably against USC (like most everything else).

Leave a comment:

• Katy Lied
    replied
    Originally posted by Pelado View Post
    Before the USC game i thought it was a no-brainer that Haarms would start over Lee. It hadn't occurred to me that Pope would start both.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Still like how Pope thinks outside the box, tho.

Leave a comment:

• tooblue
    replied
    Originally posted by jay santos View Post
    I could go George over either Knell or Harding, there's not much separation there. But right now I'd go 1. Knell 2. Harding 3. George, and I think only two of them should play.

Same with Averette, Johnson, Wade. Only two or even one of those should get significant minutes. I'm not completely impressed with any of them, but I'd rank them in that order.

For our bigs, I rank them Haarms, Lohner, Lee, Harward, Lowell, and I wouldn't play more than three of those. More like 2.5 with 1.5 in the game at a time. Maybe move Harding or George to the 4 to rest Lohner at times. Haarms/Lee or Lee/Harward playing together isn't a good look.
    Harding is a proven performer over an entire season; he does the dirty work, and is a legitimate scorer. Shots weren't falling for anyone against USC. George has had one decent performance in a blow out. He will be good in spots and should be used accordingly.

Knell has learned to be a basketball player and not just a shooter. That is a lesson Lowell needs to learn if he wants more minutes. Knell will continue to get more minutes because of his willingness to be more than a hucker.

Barcello is steady and consistent, but not good enough to carry the team. Pope has to figure out the two headed beast that is Barcello and Averette if this team is going to approach last seasons success. I don't think it is possible for this roster at this point to match last seasons success.

Averette is prone to play hero ball in the vein of a TJ Haws. The problem is he is not as good as Haws, though he is just as frustrating a player to watch for similar reasons.

Pope needs to do a better job of using Wade and Johnson to spell Barcello, and subdue Averett's tendency to outrun the offense.

Lohner is a boy in a man's body; though his basketball IQ is high, he is struggling to match his on court awareness with his physical abilities. It will come. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

Haarms, Lee and Harward all fill roles that an undersized and under appreciated Nixon single-handedly filled last season. It's nice to have the depth. Pope thought he could match size with size against USC. It didn't work, and to make matters worse BYU had an historically bad shooting night.
    Last edited by tooblue; 12-02-2020, 11:15 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Pelado
    replied
    I could go George over either Knell or Harding, there's not much separation there. But right now I'd go 1. Knell 2. Harding 3. George, and I think only two of them should play.

Same with Averette, Johnson, Wade. Only two or even one of those should get significant minutes. I'm not completely impressed with any of them, but I'd rank them in that order.

For our bigs, I rank them Haarms, Lohner, Lee, Harward, Lowell, and I wouldn't play more than three of those. More like 2.5 with 1.5 in the game at a time. Maybe move Harding or George to the 4 to rest Lohner at times. Haarms/Lee or Lee/Harward playing together isn't a good look.
    Before the USC game i thought it was a no-brainer that Haarms would start over Lee. It hadn't occurred to me that Pope would start both.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Lebowski
    replied

I agree with all of this.

Leave a comment:

• jay santos
    replied
    Originally posted by Pelado View Post
    No George?

Last edited by jay santos; 12-02-2020, 06:57 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Pelado
    replied
    That was tough to watch. We didn't shoot well, but I was very unimpressed with our offense. A lot of bad/forced shots. I understand why Pope would be playing so many players right now, trying to figure out what's the best rotation and which players will step forward. But I hope he cuts it back significantly. We need more consistency with the same players on the floor. I think I'd go Barcello, Averette, Knell, Harding, Johnson at the guards and Haarms, Lohner, Lee at the bigs and leave it at that.
    No George?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X