No announcement yet.

BYU 2020-2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone have insight on this Jake Wahlin kid who's rumored to be committing this week?

I saw his Jr. year highlights, and I think he's more of a project. Good length for a 6'7" kid, but not great handles, and he needs to add some bulk. Am I way off on this one?
    Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
      Anyone have insight on this Jake Wahlin kid who's rumored to be committing this week?

I saw his Jr. year highlights, and I think he's more of a project. Good length for a 6'7" kid, but not great handles, and he needs to add some bulk. Am I way off on this one?
      He'd be a perfect 4 in the Rose system. Maybe would need to add a little muscle, but very good stretch 4. Long enough to defend and rebound inside. Great shooter and skilled enough to play on the perimeter on offense. I'm not sure if he'll play the 3 or 4 for Pope. I think he'd have a problem guarding on the perimeter at the 3.

Comment

Originally posted by jay santos View Post
        He'd be a perfect 4 in the Rose system. Maybe would need to add a little muscle, but very good stretch 4. Long enough to defend and rebound inside. Great shooter and skilled enough to play on the perimeter on offense. I'm not sure if he'll play the 3 or 4 for Pope. I think he'd have a problem guarding on the perimeter at the 3.
        Nice to hear.
        Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

Needs to add a little weight, but a really good shooter and good around the basket. Quick.

He had a great summer playing at tournaments.
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post

Unfortunately, no, because BYU canned its SID employees so now we'll never know about this kid they wouldn't have been able to say anything about anyway.
            τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

Originally posted by All-American View Post
              Unfortunately, no, because BYU canned its SID employees so now we'll never know about this kid they wouldn't have been able to say anything about anyway.
              Ha. Thanks, Jay Drew!
              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                Ha. Thanks, Jay Drew!
                Jay is such a dolt. BTW Jake committed back in September and signed today.
                "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                -Turtle
                sigpic

Comment

Comment

Wow I am so pleased. With how well his first year went I was afraid he would be off to bigger things soon. Maybe we have another lifer.

Comment

Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
                      Wow I am so pleased. With how well his first year went I was afraid he would be off to bigger things soon. Maybe we have another lifer.
                      Coaches often leave mid-contract for bigger paydays.
                      Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Geez, come on people. Enjoy the moment.

Comment

BYU 2020-2021

lol. I’m just saying, this doesn’t guarantee anything. Hopefully he’s here a long time. But if not, let’s enjoy the ride.
                          Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                            Coaches often leave mid-contract for bigger paydays.
                            Especially when buying out a BYU contract isn't as pricey as most buy-outs. But I'm still enjoying the moment.
                            "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

Comment

We still like to shoot the 3.

Comment

Lohner passes the eye test and looks to be a better, smarter basketball player than we have seen recruited to BYU in the past 5 years—he could be an all time great.

Comment

Working...
                                X