No announcement yet.

BYU 2020-2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LMU with only 7 players today. They may end up with only 4.

This broadcast is really interesting. Living this game so far.

Comment

• Haarms with the Rudy Gobert presence underneath the basket (minus the actual rebounds)

Comment

• Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
        LMU with only 7 players today. They may end up with only 4.

This broadcast is really interesting. Living this game so far.
        Yes, the analytics can be pretty interesting, especially when they talk about a particular player's points per possession from particular points in the paint (PPPPPfPPitP).

That game went about as well as could be expected except for Lohner's blown dunk (which I guess should be expected) and letting them claw back within 20 in the closing minutes.
        "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
        - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• No CBSSN is crimping my BYU sports fandom style this week.
          Last edited by Joe Public; 02-20-2021, 10:54 PM.
          "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

• Originally posted by Joe Public View Post
            No CBSSN is crimping my BYU sports fandom style this week.
            Do a free trial with Fubo or Sling or (I think) YouTube TV.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

"I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
            - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• BYU is currently projected as an 8 seed closing in on a 7.

http://www.bracketmatrix.com/

The resume with a 3-3 record vs. Q1 and 4-2 vs. Q2 is solid with St Mary's giving a chance to add another Q2 win.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
                BYU is currently projected as an 8 seed closing in on a 7.

The resume with a 3-3 record vs. Q1 and 4-2 vs. Q2 is solid with St Mary's giving a chance to add another Q2 win.
                I think BYU is in a good position to win these final two home games fairly convincingly. BYU has had two of its best offensive performances the past two games with Gorgeous George scoring as much as I did on Prom Night. If the 3 ball keeps dropping BYU's offense is looking better each game.

BYU should be able to win the semi matchup in WCC Tourney in similar fashion before being blasted by the Zags. Perhaps we compete better with Gonzaga but I think they are really, really good.

I think if we can keep the Zags game remotely interesting then we might bump up to a 7. Beat the Zags and likely get a 5 or 6. Win out until the Zags and get blasted will leave BYU as an 8.

I think winning a first round game is a phenomenal year for BYU after what graduated last year. Then Pope's biggest recruiting battle is to convince Barcello to come back for another year. Go get your PG of the future via a transfer and next year's rotation ends up Barcello, Johnson, Knell, Gorgeous George, Lohner, Harward, Baxter, Lee, Harding and PG of the future. I think BYU could potentially be a second weekend team next year.
                Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
                -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
                -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post

According to ESPN's BPI tool as of today (Feb 17):

BYU has a 84.8% chance to win tomorrow against Pacific (10.4 point predicted margin)
                  Their projected conference record is 8.5 - 3.5
                  They have a <0.1% chance of winning the regular season conference championship
                  Chance of making the round of 32 - 44.3%
                  Chance of making the Sweet 16 - 15.8%
                  Chance of making the Elite 8 - 5.4%
                  Chance of making the Final 4 - 1.9%
                  Chance of making the Championship game - 0.6%
                  Chance of winning the Championship - 0.2%

Gonzaga still has the second highest likelihood of winning the national title (25.4%) behind Baylor (29.4%). Others above 5%:

Iowa (8.3%)
                  Houston (6.2%)
                  According to ESPN's BPI tool as of today (Feb 22):

BYU has a 87.1% chance to win Thursday against San Francisco (12.5 point predicted margin)
                  Their projected conference record is 9.7 - 3.3
                  Chance of making the round of 32 - 57.0%
                  Chance of making the Sweet 16 - 22.9%
                  Chance of making the Elite 8 - 8.4%
                  Chance of making the Final 4 - 3.1%
                  Chance of making the Championship game - 1.0%
                  Chance of winning the Championship - 0.3%

Gonzaga still has the second highest likelihood of winning the national title (27.5%), now just barely behind Baylor (27.8%). Others above 5%:

Iowa (9.2%)
                  Houston (6.2%)
                  Michigan (5.5%)
                  Illinois (5.3%)
                  - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

Nope. I only see two games remaining on the Zags' schedule. With BYU already having 3 conference losses, I believe the chance should be 0%.
                      - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• You are forgetting the > 0% chance of the Zags having to forfeit all their games because they are the cheatiest bunch of cheats that ever cheated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

• Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
                          You are forgetting the > 0% chance of the Zags having to forfeit all their games because they are the cheatiest bunch of cheats that ever cheated.

I may have overlooked that component. Maybe BPI is right, after all. Chance of winning the conference is back to <0.1%.
                          - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post

I think BYU is in a good position to win these final two home games fairly convincingly. BYU has had two of its best offensive performances the past two games with Gorgeous George scoring as much as I did on Prom Night. If the 3 ball keeps dropping BYU's offense is looking better each game.

BYU should be able to win the semi matchup in WCC Tourney in similar fashion before being blasted by the Zags. Perhaps we compete better with Gonzaga but I think they are really, really good.

I think if we can keep the Zags game remotely interesting then we might bump up to a 7. Beat the Zags and likely get a 5 or 6. Win out until the Zags and get blasted will leave BYU as an 8.

I think winning a first round game is a phenomenal year for BYU after what graduated last year. Then Pope's biggest recruiting battle is to convince Barcello to come back for another year. Go get your PG of the future via a transfer and next year's rotation ends up Barcello, Johnson, Knell, Gorgeous George, Lohner, Harward, Baxter, Lee, Harding and PG of the future. I think BYU could potentially be a second weekend team next year.
                            The brackets are still catching up I think to BYU having recently added two Q2 wins and has them at a 7 seed now.

Comment

• Oh my goodness that dunk!

Comment

• St. Mary’s can always and for ever more SAD

Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

Working...
                                X