Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BigFatMeanie
    replied
    FYI - BYU selling tickets to the Weber State game, starting with Cougar Club members. Will be good to have a few fans in the house - anything is better than the fake crowd noise.

Leave a comment:

• Non Sequitur
    replied
    Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    BA generates plenty of turnovers on his own.
    He does, but he's arguably the best ball-handler on the team and definitely the quickest to get the ball upcourt. I don't always love his offensive game, but when we play quick teams, he's an asset. Here on out, every team we play will have seen tape on us melting down when we pressured at full court. I think we'll see a lot more of it.
    Last edited by Non Sequitur; 12-15-2020, 03:30 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Lebowski
    replied
    Originally posted by Non Sequitur View Post
    When Averette fouled out and they started to press us, how many times did we turn the ball over? That's why Averette is starting.
    BA generates plenty of turnovers on his own.

Leave a comment:

• Non Sequitur
    replied
    Originally posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
    Did Gorgeous George get hurt? His minutes seemed to be seriously curtailed. He played poorly, or at least shot poorly, against USU and has had very limited rotational minutes since then. Perhaps there are only so many developmental minutes available and Pope is committed to giving those to Lohner-I don't know.

I am in the camp who is wondering why Spencer Johnson has yet to replace Brandon Averette in the starting lineup- I also don't see Jake Toolsen with a future as an NBA talent scout. I like SJ and think he is a good hoopster on both sides of the court.

Is next too soon to hope BYU could once again have a 3 headed monster on offense of Lohner, Johnson and Barcello?
    When Averette fouled out and they started to press us, how many times did we turn the ball over? That's why Averette is starting.

Leave a comment:

• Goatnapper'96
    replied
    Did Gorgeous George get hurt? His minutes seemed to be seriously curtailed. He played poorly, or at least shot poorly, against USU and has had very limited rotational minutes since then. Perhaps there are only so many developmental minutes available and Pope is committed to giving those to Lohner-I don't know.

I am in the camp who is wondering why Spencer Johnson has yet to replace Brandon Averette in the starting lineup- I also don't see Jake Toolsen with a future as an NBA talent scout. I like SJ and think he is a good hoopster on both sides of the court.

Is next too soon to hope BYU could once again have a 3 headed monster on offense of Lohner, Johnson and Barcello?

Leave a comment:

• wapiti
    replied
    Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post

Much more enjoyable than the meltdown of last season!
    Meltdown? You mean the game where the officials blatantly determined the outcome?

Leave a comment:

• BlueK
    replied
    Nice job by Pope getting the team to shake off the last game and play like they're capable of.

Leave a comment:

• frank ryan
    replied
    Johnson, Harding and Harward were great. Haarms had some nice moments, as did Lee, Lohner and Averrette. So nice to give the Utes an L.
    Last edited by frank ryan; 12-13-2020, 01:52 PM.

Leave a comment:

• SCcoug
    replied
    Games are much more fun to watch when the team is hitting shots.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Lebowski
    replied
    What a great game. That was fun.

Leave a comment:

• LiveCoug
    replied

Much more enjoyable than the meltdown of last season!

Leave a comment:

• Joe Public
    replied
    Suck it, Utes!

Leave a comment:

• SCcoug
    replied
    Spencer Johnson is fantastic.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Lebowski
    replied
    Originally posted by Joe Public View Post