No announcement yet.

BYU 2020-2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Johnson, Harding and Harward were great. Haarms had some nice moments, as did Lee, Lohner and Averrette. So nice to give the Utes an L.
    Last edited by frank ryan; 12-13-2020, 01:52 PM.

Comment

• Nice job by Pope getting the team to shake off the last game and play like they're capable of.

Comment

• Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post

Much more enjoyable than the meltdown of last season!
        Meltdown? You mean the game where the officials blatantly determined the outcome?

Comment

• Did Gorgeous George get hurt? His minutes seemed to be seriously curtailed. He played poorly, or at least shot poorly, against USU and has had very limited rotational minutes since then. Perhaps there are only so many developmental minutes available and Pope is committed to giving those to Lohner-I don't know.

I am in the camp who is wondering why Spencer Johnson has yet to replace Brandon Averette in the starting lineup- I also don't see Jake Toolsen with a future as an NBA talent scout. I like SJ and think he is a good hoopster on both sides of the court.

Is next too soon to hope BYU could once again have a 3 headed monster on offense of Lohner, Johnson and Barcello?
          Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
          -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
          -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

• Originally posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
            Did Gorgeous George get hurt? His minutes seemed to be seriously curtailed. He played poorly, or at least shot poorly, against USU and has had very limited rotational minutes since then. Perhaps there are only so many developmental minutes available and Pope is committed to giving those to Lohner-I don't know.

I am in the camp who is wondering why Spencer Johnson has yet to replace Brandon Averette in the starting lineup- I also don't see Jake Toolsen with a future as an NBA talent scout. I like SJ and think he is a good hoopster on both sides of the court.

Is next too soon to hope BYU could once again have a 3 headed monster on offense of Lohner, Johnson and Barcello?
            When Averette fouled out and they started to press us, how many times did we turn the ball over? That's why Averette is starting.
            "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

Comment

• Originally posted by Non Sequitur View Post
              When Averette fouled out and they started to press us, how many times did we turn the ball over? That's why Averette is starting.
              BA generates plenty of turnovers on his own.
              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                BA generates plenty of turnovers on his own.
                He does, but he's arguably the best ball-handler on the team and definitely the quickest to get the ball upcourt. I don't always love his offensive game, but when we play quick teams, he's an asset. Here on out, every team we play will have seen tape on us melting down when we pressured at full court. I think we'll see a lot more of it.
                Last edited by Non Sequitur; 12-15-2020, 03:30 PM.
                "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

Comment

• FYI - BYU selling tickets to the Weber State game, starting with Cougar Club members. Will be good to have a few fans in the house - anything is better than the fake crowd noise.

Comment

• Solid half, BYU up 15. Some big 3s by AB and Knell. If SDSU gets back in this game it will be because of BYU turnovers, offensive rebounds and, second chance points.

Comment

• Originally posted by SCcoug View Post
                      Solid half, BYU up 15. Some big 3s by AB and Knell. If SDSU gets back in this game it will be because of BYU turnovers, offensive rebounds and, second chance points.
                      Spencer Johnson also shooting well. And the defense has been very good - not giving up many open shots and limiting the second-chance points by hitting the defensive boards.
                      "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                      - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• 2nd half not as nice as the 1st half so far

Comment

• Knell being stupid.
                          Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Just can't stop mitchell, but other than that, playing very well!

Come on cougs, hold on!

Comment

• 22 points off the BYU bench so far.
                              "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
                              "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
                              This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
                              "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
                              "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Comment

• Nice couple of possessions there; that steal was huge.
                                "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

Working...
                                X