Clear All

• Pelado
    replied
    https://twitter.com/JonRothstein/sta...161709060?s=19

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Pelado
    replied
    That game was fun to watch. It's a wonder how much better the team can look when going against the worst team in the conference.

Nice to see Gideon do so well in his first start. He can really board and continued to show that he can attack the rim off the dribble. There were a few defensive lapses, but I'll take those considering how he was scoring and rebounding. And, as he gets more minutes, the defensive lapses should decrease.

Lohner, who also started, played well, too. He's also a pretty good rebounder. He showed a few nice offensive moves to score and had that great save that led to the Haarms assist on the 3 in the corner. Still had at least one avoidable turnover and didn't finish at the rim on one or two occasions. He did have that nice alley-oop dunk that didn't count because of the foul called on Haarms near mid-court. Overall, I thought he did well.

Kolby got about the number of minutes I predicted per game before the season, perhaps in part because Portland is pretty small. I don't remember thinking during the game "They need to get Kolby in there right away". I'm glad he did get some minutes at the end, though. His role should probably be pared way back to situational minutes. His floor time should depend on how well he can guard other bigs and how many fouls BYU's other bigs have.

Leave a comment:

• Pelado
    replied
    https://twitter.com/975Hans/status/1...762855937?s=20

Leave a comment:

• Pelado
    replied
    https://twitter.com/BYUbasketball/st...043911683?s=20

Leave a comment:

• Pelado
    replied
    Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
    time to go to Black's beach I guess since they aren't doing anything else today.
    Is the surfing good there?

Leave a comment:

• BigPiney
    replied
    time to go to Black's beach I guess since they aren't doing anything else today.

Leave a comment:

• Pelado
    replied
    https://twitter.com/BYUbasketball/st...585293314?s=20

Leave a comment:

• Pelado
    replied
    I do not understand that game plan. The first half saw only a handful of post touches. Instead of pounding it inside, they kept letting it fly from distance. And missing.

I'm really glad they pulled out the victory at the end for multiple reasons. One of those reasons is so that Lohner doesn't develop a complex after blowing those free throws. But he damn well better make his shots the next time he is in that type of situation. Not that he was alone in atrocious shooting from the charity stripe.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• All-American
    replied
    Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Phew! Pulled it out.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Lebowski
    replied
    Phew! Pulled it out.

Leave a comment:

• PaloAltoCougar
    replied

The stink is still on! Good grief.
    It has fermented into something worse. A multifaceted stinkfest.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Lebowski
    replied

Very happy with the reschedule. Need to get the stink of that pepperdine loss off of the team ASAP.
    The stink is still on! Good grief.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Lebowski
    replied
    Originally posted by Pelado View Post
    Anyone excited for the game against Pacific tomorrow? It's scheduled for 4 pm MT on CBS Sports Network.

Pacific is currently 140 in the NET rankings and 131 on kenpom but 35 in the RPI. They've had 11 games cancelled, so they've only played 8, going 5-3. Their best win is probably the 21-point victory over Santa Clara. Gonzaga nearly doubled them up in their last game - 95-49.
    Very happy with the reschedule. Need to get the stink of that pepperdine loss off of the team ASAP.

Leave a comment:

• BigPiney
    replied
    Originally posted by Pelado View Post
    Anyone excited for the game against Pacific tomorrow? It's scheduled for 4 pm MT on CBS Sports Network.

Pacific is currently 140 in the NET rankings and 131 on kenpom but 35 in the RPI. They've had 11 games cancelled, so they've only played 8, going 5-3. Their best win is probably the 21-point victory over Santa Clara. Gonzaga nearly doubled them up in their last game - 95-49.
    I didn't know they had changed this game to tomorrow. Very cool.

Leave a comment:

• Pelado
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X