No announcement yet.

BYU 2020-2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The team who wanted to lose the least won.

Comment

• Originally posted by SCcoug View Post
      Escape with a win. Neither team looked very good tonight. Good to win the ugly ones.
      Also good to keep our dominance of USU hoops.

Comment

• Originally posted by SCcoug View Post
        Lohner finally hit a 3!
        It was nice to see him get a shot off that wasn't blocked. I'm a little worried about his ability to finish around the rim.
        "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

Comment

• Originally posted by Non Sequitur View Post
          It was nice to see him get a shot off that wasn't blocked. I'm a little worried about his ability to finish around the rim.
          He's a true freshman who played a significant role closing out a rivalry game. He was a monster physically down the stretch and on the boards. He is just starting to find his outside shot. He can't do the things he did just a few months ago in high school around the rim. It will take a little more time than six games to figure out how to close angles and protect the ball while finishing close to the basket.

Comment

• Originally posted by tooblue View Post
            He's a true freshman who played a significant role closing out a rivalry game. He was a monster physically down the stretch and on the boards. He is just starting to find his outside shot. He can't do the things he did just a few months ago in high school around the rim. It will take a little more time than six games to figure out how to close angles and protect the ball while finishing close to the basket.
            I am bullish on Lohner, but right now he can't finish around the rim to save his life. My question is: what on earth happened to Kolby Lee? Is he injured?
            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
              I am bullish on Lohner, but right now he can't finish around the rim to save his life. My question is: what on earth happened to Kolby Lee? Is he injured?
              Maybe? But maybe he just wasn't a good fit for the match up against USU. The rest of the season Lee has played well enough to earn the minutes he gets.

In high school Lohner could get away with taking bad angles and using his length and strength to finish at the basket. Plus he likely never had a player close on him defensively from behind like has been happening since he was 10 years old playing in the driveway with his Dad.

At this level there are several players on the opposing roster, some of which are guards, that will close on him from behind defensively. He's rushing because he is now aware of the collective athleticism on the floor. He needs some coaching to improve his footwork and how to get into the body of defenders, and close tight angles. It will take some time.
              Last edited by tooblue; 12-07-2020, 09:52 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                I wondered the same. I'm pretty sure I saw him limping post-game.
                Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

• What channel is the game Saturday?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
                  "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Comment

• Originally posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
                    What channel is the game Saturday?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
                    I think it is BYUtv.

Comment

• Wow, that was a terrible first 10 minutes. Not often you see a team get shutout for a quarter of the game.

Comment

• Man this game is ugly.

Amazing we aren’t down by 30.

Comment

• This is incredibly pathetic. Wow.

Comment

• Boyzee is just dominating. We look like hot garbarge.

Comment

• How is boyzee getting all these P5 transfers? WTH?

Comment

• We are shockingly within 3

Comment

Working...
                                X