• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pelado
    replied
    Originally posted by Pelado View Post

According to ESPN's BPI tool as of today (Feb 17):

BYU has a 84.8% chance to win tomorrow against Pacific (10.4 point predicted margin)
    Their projected conference record is 8.5 - 3.5
    They have a <0.1% chance of winning the regular season conference championship
    Chance of making the round of 32 - 44.3%
    Chance of making the Sweet 16 - 15.8%
    Chance of making the Elite 8 - 5.4%
    Chance of making the Final 4 - 1.9%
    Chance of making the Championship game - 0.6%
    Chance of winning the Championship - 0.2%

Gonzaga still has the second highest likelihood of winning the national title (25.4%) behind Baylor (29.4%). Others above 5%:

Iowa (8.3%)
    Houston (6.2%)
    According to ESPN's BPI tool as of today (Feb 22):

BYU has a 87.1% chance to win Thursday against San Francisco (12.5 point predicted margin)
    Their projected conference record is 9.7 - 3.3
    They have a <0.1% chance of winning the regular season conference championship
    Chance of making the round of 32 - 57.0%
    Chance of making the Sweet 16 - 22.9%
    Chance of making the Elite 8 - 8.4%
    Chance of making the Final 4 - 3.1%
    Chance of making the Championship game - 1.0%
    Chance of winning the Championship - 0.3%

Gonzaga still has the second highest likelihood of winning the national title (27.5%), now just barely behind Baylor (27.8%). Others above 5%:

Iowa (9.2%)
    Houston (6.2%)
    Michigan (5.5%)
    Illinois (5.3%)

Leave a comment:

• Goatnapper'96
    replied
    Originally posted by BlueK View Post
    BYU is currently projected as an 8 seed closing in on a 7.

http://www.bracketmatrix.com/

The resume with a 3-3 record vs. Q1 and 4-2 vs. Q2 is solid with St Mary's giving a chance to add another Q2 win.
    I think BYU is in a good position to win these final two home games fairly convincingly. BYU has had two of its best offensive performances the past two games with Gorgeous George scoring as much as I did on Prom Night. If the 3 ball keeps dropping BYU's offense is looking better each game.

BYU should be able to win the semi matchup in WCC Tourney in similar fashion before being blasted by the Zags. Perhaps we compete better with Gonzaga but I think they are really, really good.

I think if we can keep the Zags game remotely interesting then we might bump up to a 7. Beat the Zags and likely get a 5 or 6. Win out until the Zags and get blasted will leave BYU as an 8.

I think winning a first round game is a phenomenal year for BYU after what graduated last year. Then Pope's biggest recruiting battle is to convince Barcello to come back for another year. Go get your PG of the future via a transfer and next year's rotation ends up Barcello, Johnson, Knell, Gorgeous George, Lohner, Harward, Baxter, Lee, Harding and PG of the future. I think BYU could potentially be a second weekend team next year.

Leave a comment:

• BlueK
    replied
    BYU is currently projected as an 8 seed closing in on a 7.

http://www.bracketmatrix.com/

The resume with a 3-3 record vs. Q1 and 4-2 vs. Q2 is solid with St Mary's giving a chance to add another Q2 win.

Leave a comment:

• Pelado
    replied
    Originally posted by Joe Public View Post
    No CBSSN is crimping my BYU sports fandom style this week.
    Do a free trial with Fubo or Sling or (I think) YouTube TV.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Joe Public
    replied
    No CBSSN is crimping my BYU sports fandom style this week.
    Last edited by Joe Public; 02-20-2021, 10:54 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Pelado
    replied
    Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
    LMU with only 7 players today. They may end up with only 4.

This broadcast is really interesting. Living this game so far.
    Yes, the analytics can be pretty interesting, especially when they talk about a particular player's points per possession from particular points in the paint (PPPPPfPPitP).

That game went about as well as could be expected except for Lohner's blown dunk (which I guess should be expected) and letting them claw back within 20 in the closing minutes.

Leave a comment:

• LiveCoug
    replied
    Haarms with the Rudy Gobert presence underneath the basket (minus the actual rebounds)

Leave a comment:

• BigPiney
    replied
    LMU with only 7 players today. They may end up with only 4.

This broadcast is really interesting. Living this game so far.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Lebowski
    replied
    That was a fun game. Great defense. Balanced scoring.

Man, Lohner is going to be a great one. Fun to see him settling in and not playing like a kid fresh out of HS.

Keep buying BYU B-Ball stock. The future is bright.

Leave a comment:

• BigPiney
    replied
    That game was much more fun than the one in Provo.

Also fun to watch the lady cougars upset the stupid zags.

Leave a comment:

• Pelado
    replied
    Really enjoyed that game, even though Lohner did eventually miss a couple of shots. The game plan was better and the execution was far better than the first game that went to double-overtime.

Lohner goes 5-6 from 3 and 6-8 overall for a new career high 19 points and just missed out on the double-double, grabbing 9 boards.

Barcello is so solid. The offense plays so much better when he's on the floor. There were a few possessions in the first half when he was on the bench and his absence from the floor was noticeable - the offense just looked completely disjointed.

George got few minutes with his two quick first half fouls and then another foul early in the second half. When he did get on the floor, he seemed a little lost at times.

They made a real effort to get post paint and pick and roll action, and it really paid off for the offense. The defense was also much better than in the first game.

Too bad none of the rest of you saw the game.

Leave a comment:

• Pelado
    replied
    Lohner is really knocking them down from downtown.

Leave a comment:

• Pelado
    replied
    Originally posted by Pelado View Post
    Lohner finally gets a sweet ally-oop dunk.
    Matt Lohner, apparently, according to the half-time show.

Leave a comment:

• Pelado
    replied
    Lohner finally gets a sweet ally-oop dunk.

Leave a comment:

• Pelado
    replied
    The game plan so far makes a lot more sense than the first game against Pacific. They're making a concerted effort to get the ball into the post. And it doesn't hurt to have Lohner making his 3s. Sucks that George got two quick fouls (again).

Leave a comment:

Working...
X