Knockout Game: NCAA Tournament Knockout Pool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Clark Addison View Post
    Maybe I am misremembering, but I think we have had one or two winners in the past who have re-bought, haven't we?

That would be opposed to me. Whenever I re-buy I last exactly one more day.
    Sadly, my spreadsheet is missing a compete 2015 season for some reason. I only have the results from the first 2 days that year. (I had a job change that year, so I probably forgot to copy the file from my work computer before I switched firms. Which might explain why I didn’t list PH as a past winner. I digress.) If that was the season he and Captain tied for the win, then yes, there is precedent, as my incomplete records show that PH did a rebuy that year.

Also, in 2018, Mrs. DH rebought (she used my money, as she does for every purchase she has made in the last 15 years. I’m digressing again. ) and made it 3 more days before losing when everyone by MBN was eliminated when Nevada, Gonzaga, and Kentucky all lost on the same day in the Sweet 16.

Last edited by Donuthole; 03-20-2021, 11:24 AM.
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• One nice thing about getting eliminated on the first day is not having to worry about getting picks in for the subsequent days.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

"I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
      - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• My bold Georgetown pick was, perhaps, ill-advised.

Comment

• I didn't expect to make it past the first day. I'm quite surprised I've made it through 2 days
          As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
          --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• And then there were 11.
            Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
              I didn't expect to make it past the first day. I'm quite surprised I've made it through 2 days
              you aren't the only one
              "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Son of a...

I was vacillating between Florida and Houston today, and landed on Florida. 30 minutes ago I was thinking "Nicely chosen, Clark!"

What are the re-buy options at this point?

Comment

• Originally posted by Clark Addison View Post
                  Son of a...

I was vacillating between Florida and Houston today, and landed on Florida. 30 minutes ago I was thinking "Nicely chosen, Clark!"

What are the re-buy options at this point?
                  You would have to pick 6 winners today. The rule exists mainly to keep someone from gaming the system by intentionally picking losers in the early days and rebuying and having more teams available than those who correctly picked winners.

Comment

• 3 days in the books. 3 players remain. Boring Day 4 tho:

Comment

• Day 5 picks:

Comment

• Two remain. While neither are participating members of CS.com, mrose is the ginger bomber and has been known to lurk on occasion.

Comment

Working...
                        X