• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Team is 50% from FT. That’s below the Shaq Line

Comment

• 5 point lead. unfreakingbelievable

too much time left

Comment

• No coasting in the new league. Gotta execute for 40 minutes.
        "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

• College basketball feeling jealous that CFB has the worst replay system in sports, so they are trying be just as bad.

Comment

• If knell's was a flagrant, that sure as hell was as well

Comment

• Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
              If knell's was a flagrant, that sure as hell was as well
              Agreed. At least they were consistent. But neither should have been a flagrant. Knell's wasn't even a foul and the one on Hall should haven just been a regular offensive foul.

Comment

• this is awful

Comment

• Thank you jax. now, please get a stop and hit your throws

Comment

• Escaped. 47% from the FT line

Comment

• My wife really, really, really doesn't understand why I'm frustrated after a win like this. LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
                        Escaped. 47% from the FT line
                        That’s really poor. I know it isn’t always going to be the 2000/2001 team out there at the line, but come on.

That said, it’s nice to grab another win in conference. I wonder whether some of the players are still recovering from being sick.
                        "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

• Holy moly, that was one of the ugliest wins I’ve seen. Glad they didn’t blow it.
                          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post

Agreed. At least they were consistent. But neither should have been a flagrant. Knell's wasn't even a foul and the one on Hall should haven just been a regular offensive foul.
                            Knell should have never tried that shot. You could tell from the time he got the pass he was intent on getting a shot off, any shot. This was not his game to pull that crap. Pass the ball back to the point and let's get a better shot. KSU started its comeback at that point.
                            Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• First of all, I'm extremely happy that this squad can even get big leads against teams in this conference. But, holy heck, getting big leads and either outright losing the game or almost letting the game slip away seems to have become a trait of this team. Before even looking at the PERs, I want to say that I was impressed with Stewart. I've probably harped on him as much or more than anyone lese, but I thought he played hard and well. And he IS the second best ball handler on this team. Secondly, what the heck is up with Knell? He's gone from the hottest shooter in the nation to looking completely lost offensively. He has wide open shots that are just no where near to going in. Also, I've kinda had this game circled because of Ques Glover. The way he transferred didn't sit well with me. From what I looked up he injured his knee in their exhibition game and then reaggravated it in a practice back in injury. I never wish an injury on anyone. But, I kind of have KSU in the same boat as ISU, in wanting to win the game a little bit more.

Spencer Johnson gets the Best Performer award, for the 6th time this season. He wasn't spectactular, but he did a little bit of everything and his 0 TO is very favorable in my calculations. In fact, we only had 7 team TOs to 16 for KSU. Foos had the best GSc and DRtg. He had a block on KSU's big guy! Khalifa had the best ORtg and it was great getting him back although he looked very winded. Robinson had the best TS%. He typically is not a very efficient shooter, so that was nice to see from him.

Dallin Hall goes from Best Performer last game to Struggled to Perform this game. It was just his third time "winning" this award. Some fans online really like to harp on Hall, but for the most part, the stats don't back up that he's as bad as a lot of fans are making him out to be. However, this game he did indeed struggle. He had the worst PER, GSc, TS%, and Ortg. Robinson had the worst DRtg.

I've updated the season summary for the Ave PER for the last two games and there's a change in the top 3 as Khalifa overtook Saunders. It's now Johnson, Hall, and Khalifa.

BYU is now 17-6 and #12 in Kenpom and was #8 in NET coming into this game. Up next is UCF, who is 13-9 and #66 in Kenpom and #66 in NET. BYU beat UCF earlier in the season 63-58.

23 KSU Box Score Analysis.png

PER Summary 2024-02-10.png
                              "Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react." - Charles Swindoll

Comment

• I think BYU played its two worst games of the conference season the past two games. I think the injuries and flu bug are disrupting the ability of the team to practice together with enough pieces to be prepared enough to be sharp in their execution. I would expect BYU ought to win Tuesday even with an ugly performance, but beating OSU on the road, despite it being the worst team in the Big-12, will require a better performance than what we saw the past two games.

Lets hope they are healthier and getting more from their practices as a team. Saturday at OSU and at home vs Baylor are two huge games for BYU if they hope to finish the Big 12 with a winning record-which is going to hugely influence their NCAA seed.
                                Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
                                -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
                                -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

Working...
                                X