2022-2023 Basketball Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jadesroom View Post
    On his podcast today, Mitch Harper mentioned the name Josiah Allick. He looks like the second coming of Caleb Lohner....hopefully with a better shot.

https://www.on3.com/news/josiah-alli...s-coming-soon/
    looks a bit more like what we hoped lohner would become. pretty good three point shooter and scorer. solid rebounder.
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

Comment

• https://twitter.com/BYUMBB/status/15...dTB12m75A&s=19

"I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
      - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• This seems like a good thing. He scores a lot of points and his 3-point shooting improved significantly last year. Seems kind of short, though.
        Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
          This seems like a good thing. He scores a lot of points and his 3-point shooting improved significantly last year. Seems kind of short, though.
          Same height as Barcello and Lucas though.

Comment

• Freaking China. Where was Chad Lewis to run interference on this?

Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• BYU still looking for a SG and a couple of bigs. Hosting that Allick kid and a dude from EMU. Both would be nice gets for BYU and both have multiple years of eligibility left, unlike rudi

Comment

• so byu just picked up 6'7/6'8 espn 4 star recruit Braeden Moore. had a ton of high major offers after decommitting from rutgers. kind a came out of nowhere, but looks like a really good get. must be mo.
                I'm like LeBron James.
                -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                  so byu just picked up 6'7/6'8 espn 4 star recruit Braeden Moore. had a ton of high major offers after decommitting from rutgers. kind a came out of nowhere, but looks like a really good get. must be mo.
                  Not mo but a devout Christian per this article: 3-Star 2022 Forward Braeden Moore Signs With BYU - Vanquish The Foe

Interesting pickup and definitely looks like he can play. He can hit the three at least and won't be going on a mission, so those are pluses.

His list of offers is incredible: "Wisconsin, Nebraska, Arizona State, Wisconsin, Kansas, Auburn, Missouri, Georgia Tech, Memphis, San Diego State, Houston, and several others" Apparently Wisconsin liked him so much they offered him twice...
                  "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• I had no idea this was in the works.
                    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post

Not mo but a devout Christian per this article: 3-Star 2022 Forward Braeden Moore Signs With BYU - Vanquish The Foe

Interesting pickup and definitely looks like he can play. He can hit the three at least and won't be going on a mission, so those are pluses.

His list of offers is incredible: "Wisconsin, Nebraska, Arizona State, Wisconsin, Kansas, Auburn, Missouri, Georgia Tech, Memphis, San Diego State, Houston, and several others" Apparently Wisconsin liked him so much they offered him twice...
                      I'm excited anytime we get a quality recruit that doesn't have mission plans. I don't have a 2 year attention span.
                      "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

Comment

• Originally posted by Non Sequitur View Post

I don't have a 2 year attention span.
                        You must love the transfer portal then.

"There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

You must love the transfer portal then.
                          I do love the transfer portal. Continuity be damned.
                          "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

Comment

• It would appear that folks seem to believe Mo Njie and Kim Aiken JR are going to sign with BYU. That would make next year's roster this:

Rudi Williams- SR
                            Kim Aiken JR - SR
                            Gideon George - SR
                            Spencer Johnson - SR (could play another Covid year)
                            Trevin Knell - SR (could play another Covid year)
                            Fouss Traore- SO
                            Atiki Atiki- SO
                            Mo Njie - SO
                            Trey Stewart- SO
                            Braeden Moore- FR
                            Dallin Hall- FR
                            Richie Saunders - FR
                            Tanner Toolson - FR

1.) I think having 3 scholarship wing players as recently returned RMs is a bad idea. I don't know how it could have been avoided if none were willing to play as freshman 2 years ago but it isn't a good management of scarce resources. I hope all 3 end up worth it.

2.) I like the Braeden Moore pickup, but I wonder if he stays long enough to make me think it will be worth it. From that I mean that college basketball has become a year by year deal-it seems to me planning to develop a kid a year or two can be really iffy and even moreso if the kid might not feel real culturally compatible at BYU. Moore appears to have once been a fairly well recruited kid so I don't know how BYU says no-but I find this decision to more fraught with risk.

3.) I think there is just one RM coming in next year with Jake "Don't call me Lee Cummard" Wahlen. That is better. With him coming in and at least 3 seniors graduating BYU has 2 other open spots to recruit for next year. That doesn't include any transfers out. I would expect at least one, and perhaps two, of those. I wonder if BYU wants another year of both Johnson and Knell and I wonder if one of the 3 sophomores posts will transfer out after this year if the other two, well really just one as Fouss is a pretty settled key contributor, settle themselves as go to key players.

4.) Six RMs on the roster. I think 4-6 is a good number.

5.). My way to early predictions for the top 10:
                            1.) Rudi Williams, Trey Stewart and Dallin Hall
                            2.) Trevin Knell, Spencer Johnson and Dallin Hall
                            3.) Gideon George, Kim Aiken and Spencer Johnson
                            4.) Fouss, Breaeden Moore, George and Aiken
                            5.) Mo Njie, Fouss, Atiki

I guess that is 11, I think Atiki and Hall will be the two who play the least of the 11 but I still think they will see minutes most games.

I have no clue whether these are upgrades or not but I have accepted that college basketball is becoming a year to year deal now. I do think that BYU will usually be at its best with at least a couple of really good players who are all in on BYU. Here is to hoping somebody can develop into that guy and BYU isn't relying on the mercenaries out of the portal to carry it.

Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
                            -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
                            -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

• Kim Aiken, Jr.? I'm surprised. He didn't a season at Arizona after transferring there

Comment

• No Mo Njie. Now I'm beginning to worry.

Comment

Working...
                                X