No announcement yet.

Putting the Dogs in the Kennel: WCC Championship Game 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After all that and we about to lose by double digits. Good hell.

Comment

Game set match. Zags are really good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

I wish season ending injuries on them all

Comment

We are going to beat them by 18 in the tournament

Comment

I shouldn't be bummed, but I am. Oh well. Gonzaga is just really freaking good.

Comment

Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
              Zags defensive intensity has ratcheted up a few notches
              They tightened up when they needed to.

Comment

Sad result. The game really swung when BYU had a chance to go up 10 with about 5 mins left. Johnson (I think) just missed a 3 and Zags scored two quick buckets. Lead went from potentially being 10 to being 2 in a matter of about 30 seconds. Ballgame.
                Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

I stopped watching at halftime, and I still have a good taste in my mouth.
                  Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

The first half was so much fun. All the threes were finding the bottom of the net - even the one from Haarms. They beat the press with relative ease, finding wide open shooters who made their shots. Everything was working on offense. The defense was good but not exceptional - Gonzaga still scored 41 points in the half. That 41 was below their average, but they were still getting open shots that they were missing. They didn't miss as much in the second half, and BYU had a lot harder time finding open shots. And when they did get open shots, they didn't take advantage of them.

53 points in the first half. 25 points in the second half. Even if they'd held Gonzaga in the second half to their first-half output of 41 points, it wouldn't have been enough to win.

Winning that game would have been great for seeding purposes. It might have pushed their seed as high as a 5, which would give them a great chance of advancing in the first game and even to the Sweet 16. As it is, an 8-seed is within the realm of possibility. BYU only has a 20% winning percentage in the first round as an 8-seed, to say nothing of their chances against a 1-seed in the second round.
                    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                    - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                      Sad result. The game really swung when BYU had a chance to go up 10 with about 5 mins left. Johnson (I think) just missed a 3 and Zags scored two quick buckets. Lead went from potentially being 10 to being 2 in a matter of about 30 seconds. Ballgame.
                      yep, it was 68-61 and byu had the ball - it was either johnson or knell who missed a three and they came down and drilled a quick three to make it 68-64. six point swing. it was at that moment you knew a loss was inevitable.
                      I'm like LeBron James.
                      -mpfunk

Comment

Working...
                      X