Putting the Dogs in the Kennel: WCC Championship Game 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Putting the Dogs in the Kennel: WCC Championship Game 2021

Last night's game against Pepperdine was U-G-L-Y, Cougs ain't got no alibi, 'twas ugly; 'twas ugly.

But the Cougs get the chance to climb a spot or two in the NCAA tourney seeding with a dub tonight.

I missed both games against the Zags this year, although it looks like they were essentially over by the middle of the first half.

So, kdog (is he around anymore?) Jay Santos, and all other hoops gurus, what do the Cougs have to do to eek out a win tonight?
    Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
    Last night's game against Pepperdine was U-G-L-Y, Cougs ain't got no alibi, 'twas ugly; 'twas ugly.

But the Cougs get the chance to climb a spot or two in the NCAA tourney seeding with a dub tonight.

I missed both games against the Zags this year, although it looks like they were essentially over by the middle of the first half.

So, kdog (is he around anymore?) Jay Santos, and all other hoops gurus, what do the Cougs have to do to eek out a win tonight?
    We could slip something into the food the Zags are eating for lunch.

Short of that, not sure we have much of a chance.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

We could slip something into the food the Zags are eating for lunch.

Short of that, not sure we have much of a chance.
      Where's the Jordan pizza delivery guy when you need him?

Comment

I am thinking we need someone from Tonya Harding's crew to do some damage. That may do it. She has to be related to Connor, right?

Comment

Yup, someone has to sell his soul to the devil for us to win this one. Nevertheless, I will enjoy our guys playing against NBA talent, and seeing how they will do.
          Also, at the beginning of the year, I thought AB had a bit of douche in his on-court persona. With all of the video footage, I can see he is a true competitor, it just sometimes comes across as douchey. But his teammates seem to love him.

Comment

Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post

Not sure I qualify as a guru, but I'll throw my analysis into the fray anyway:

1) They need to be much crisper with the ball. They can't be throwing the ball away left and right like they did against Pepperdine and like they did to start their game at Gonzaga.

2) They need to hit their open shots. They may not get many open shots, so they need to capitalize when they get the chance.

3) They need to get back and get set on defense. Gonzaga thrives in transition - don't let them get easy buckets.

4) George needs to play well and stay out of foul trouble. He has the athleticism to match up with anyone Gonzaga throws at him, but he can't be missing layups and turning the ball over like he did against Pepperdine.

5) Pump Gonzaga's hotel rooms with Covid essential oils.
            "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
            - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Agreed but why is this in the football forum?
              Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
                Are we unleashing a new Kaufusi weapon tonight?
                "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
                  Excellent question. Who the hell started this thread?

Comment

Bump.

I am trying to move this.
                    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Dedicated thread! Thanks for the heads up, El Jefe of CS!

We look so much more comfortable this game than the first two meetings

Comment

BYU has turned into the Utah Jazz

Comment

This looks exactly like last night's team. I see no difference.

Comment

Suggs has resting bitch face.

Comment

Zags defensive intensity has ratcheted up a few notches

Comment

Working...
                              X