BYU roster 21-22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
    I guess it sounds like Nate Hansen will be coming to BYU next year and will be on scholarship- I was pretty underwhelmed by what I read about Hansen so I had always assumed Pope wouldn't honor that scholarship.
    FWIW, Nate's mission president told the missionaries that he would rather have them exercising and working out rather that sitting on their butts during the pandemic so Nate was able to play a few hours of basketball every day and work out. Came home in good shape.

"There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

FWIW, Nate's mission president told the missionaries that he would rather have them exercising and working out rather that sitting on their butts during the pandemic so Nate was able to play a few hours of basketball every day and work out. Came home in good shape.
      Somebody on the other sports site indicated he came home at 6'4" and 200 lbs- so real good size for a college guard. I never spent a great deal of time reading about his recruitment etc, but I just recall thinking that he wasn't going to be a huge difference maker. Hence, as these scholarship crunches started piling up I had always assumed that he would be a casualty of that.

He still might be after this upcoming year, but time will tell. On the other hand maybe he will be a really good basketball player and he will be that elusive point guard of the future that Pope has never seemed to find and convince to come to BYU.
      Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
      -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
      -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

Sounds like a model the rest of the athletic department should adopt.
        Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Originally posted by myboynoah View Post

Sounds like a model the rest of the athletic department should adopt.
          There you go Elder Joe Cool!
          Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
          -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
          -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

Somebody on the other sports site indicated he came home at 6'4" and 200 lbs- so real good size for a college guard. I never spent a great deal of time reading about his recruitment etc, but I just recall thinking that he wasn't going to be a huge difference maker. Hence, as these scholarship crunches started piling up I had always assumed that he would be a casualty of that.

He still might be after this upcoming year, but time will tell. On the other hand maybe he will be a really good basketball player and he will be that elusive point guard of the future that Pope has never seemed to find and convince to come to BYU.
            The point guard that Pope has never seemed to find and convince to come to BYU in his whopping two seasons as BYU head coach?

Comment

There you go Elder Joe Cool!
              Ha. Ever in search of that elusive BYU Athletics Mission. Let's just do what everyone accuses us of doing, and make heads really explode.

Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Working...
              X