• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goatnapper'96
    replied
    Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

Whoopsie.
    Not sure why he didn't like BYU's situation better than UNLV. Kruger the Younger must be a pretty good salesman!

Leave a comment:

• Applejack
    replied

Is there anybody left at Utah at this point?

Serious question. It seems like everybody has entered the portal.
    Yes, we traded most of our team for USU's guards. Seems risky, but

But it was all worth it to be rid of Krysko Meth.

Leave a comment:

• Pelado
    replied

I think they've got at least a couple of USU guys who are transferring over with the new head coach.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Lebowski
    replied
    Originally posted by Applejack View Post

I doubt that he is interested in staying in Utah. My guess is that he will go pro in Finland. Or he could go to Maine and suit up with his brother.

He would be a good get for you guys; I liked him and apart from not being blessed with the traditional Finnish high-flying athleticism, I thought he was very productive as a freshman (he did hit the freshman wall).

Leave a comment:

• Applejack
    replied
    Originally posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post

The Swedish player on Utah's team, Pelle Larsson, just entered the portal. He could be the potential PG of the future BYU still needs.

I doubt that he is interested in staying in Utah. My guess is that he will go pro in Finland. Or he could go to Maine and suit up with his brother.

He would be a good get for you guys; I liked him and apart from not being blessed with the traditional Finnish high-flying athleticism, I thought he was very productive as a freshman (he did hit the freshman wall).

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Lebowski
    replied

It would surprise me a bit if that guy picks WYO or UNLV over BYU.
    Whoopsie.

Leave a comment:

• Pelado
    replied
    Is there a rule out there about entering the transfer portal by 01 May to be eligible for next season? If so I would think BYU hopefully has a couple of these open scholarships filled within the next couple of weeks.
    If there is, then I'm not familiar with it.

Leave a comment:

• Goatnapper'96
    replied
    Originally posted by BlueK View Post

We missed on several last year too before getting Haarms. George was a jc transfer which is a little different. Averette had played for Pope already. The guard who averaged 18 ppg at Kent State looks interesting. The others he's narrowed down to besides us don't look hard to beat out (Wyoming and UNLV). That may be good or not so good, I guess, but I trust Pope knows the type of player he needs.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.van...a-unlv-wyoming
    It would surprise me a bit if that guy picks WYO or UNLV over BYU. Perhaps he would play more at either of those two schools, I don't know but from where I view BYU's roster he is likely a starter at BYU and would probably play 25-30 mpg and play for a team that has a chance of being pretty good. I would categorize him as an upgrade to Averette and assuming Barcello and Haarms return BYU should be much better than they were last season. The only starter who is not returning is being replaced by a better player. I don't know on what metric he is making his decision but I would think unless the HC rules are that onerous to him, BYU offers similar playing time and likely a team with a better chance at winning games.

The Swedish player on Utah's team, Pelle Larsson, just entered the portal. He could be the potential PG of the future BYU still needs.

Is there a rule out there about entering the transfer portal by 01 May to be eligible for next season? If so I would think BYU hopefully has a couple of these open scholarships filled within the next couple of weeks.

Leave a comment:

• frank ryan
    replied

We missed on several last year too before getting Haarms. George was a jc transfer which is a little different. Averette had played for Pope already. The guard who averaged 18 ppg at Kent State looks interesting. The others he's narrowed down to besides us don't look hard to beat out (Wyoming and UNLV). That may be good or not so good, I guess, but I trust Pope knows the type of player he needs.

The competition wasn’t stiff for George. Kent State and Weber State were his only other offers.

Leave a comment:

• BlueK
    replied

Seems like we are missing everyone this year.

Last edited by BlueK; 04-28-2021, 05:36 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Green Monstah
    replied
    Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post

who did he sign with?
    boomer sooner.

Leave a comment:

• smokymountainrain
    replied
    Originally posted by frank ryan View Post

Too bad, we missed on him.
    who did he sign with?

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Lebowski
    replied
    Originally posted by frank ryan View Post

Seems like we are missing everyone this year.

Leave a comment:

• frank ryan
    replied
    This would seem like an exciting addition.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si....ordan-goldwire

Leave a comment:

• BlueK
    replied
    This would seem like an exciting addition.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si....ordan-goldwire

Leave a comment:

Working...
X