No announcement yet.

2020 Post-Election Thread...let's talk about it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The real connection Trump and so many of his hard core fans have with Lee is their belief in white supremacy which Lee is a symbol of. Any attempts to sugarcoat that reality are disturbing and disgusting to me.

Comment

• Sounds like Trump really disagrees with how the war in Afghanistan was handled. Too bad he wasn't in any kind of position to do something about it for some significant amount of time...
      "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
        I'm over the romanticization of the Confederacy, included Lee. We don't have parades where where people march with the Grand Union Flag or have the Northeast dotted with statues of King George and Cornwallis.
        It’s insanity.

If anyone does a google search they can easily find the organizations that funded these monuments, the period they were erected and the locations where these were placed. Overlay that with what was happening in America at the time and it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out what was really going on.

I have a really good friend who went to school in the south that went to an elementary school named after a general, a HS named after a general and passed a park everyday on his way to school with a confederate monument. Imagine being an AA in the mid 2000s with that imagery.

Didn’t Wuap long for the south regularly at one point? Lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by fusnik View Post

It’s insanity.

If anyone does a google search they can easily find the organizations that funded these monuments, the period they were erected and the locations where these were placed. Overlay that with what was happening in America at the time and it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out what was really going on.

I have a really good friend who went to school in the south that went to an elementary school named after a general, a HS named after a general and passed a park everyday on his way to school with a confederate monument. Imagine being an AA in the mid 2000s with that imagery.

Didn’t Wuap long for the south regularly at one point? Lol.
          Wuap recently apologized for those posts.
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

Wuap recently apologized for those posts.
            It’s fascinating to me this longing that southerners have for a time long gone that corresponds with absolute brutality. It’d be like a grandma today saying, I remember how great Nazi Germany was let’s erect a statue!

Comment

It’s fascinating to me this longing that southerners have for a time long gone that corresponds with absolute brutality. It’d be like a grandma today saying, I remember how great Nazi Germany was let’s erect a statue!
              Exactly.

As I am sure you know, almost all of those statues were erected decades after the war - when the KKK and Jim Crow were taking off.
              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

Exactly.

As I am sure you know, almost all of those statues were erected decades after the war - when the KKK and Jim Crow were taking off.
                Hey, when are they going to take down all those Brigham Young statues and change the name of BYU for all the racist things he said and did? I think he even owned some slaves too. Y'all need to open up a big ole can of wokeass in Utah.
                "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post

Hey, when are they going to take down all those Brigham Young statues and change the name of BYU for all the racist things he said and did? I think he even owned some slaves too. Y'all need to open up a big ole can of wokeass in Utah.
                  The Brigham Young statues were not erected to honor the racist things BY did or said. The Robert E Lee statues honor a man specifically for leading a rebellion against the US to preserve the institution of slavery.

Comment

• Dan Quayle saves democracy, incredible headline in 2021.

Comment

Dan Quayle saves democracy, incredible headline in 2021.
                      its crazy how close we came to the complete fall of the republic or at the very least at least a republic so diminished that we would still be waiting to see if the courts would uphold it.
                      Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

• Originally posted by Flystripper View Post

its crazy how close we came to the complete fall of the republic or at the very least at least a republic so diminished that we would still be waiting to see if the courts would uphold it.
                        And 8 months later the ‘reasonable’ conservatives here have already turned on Biden.

I don’t know how long we are going to have a country TBH.

Comment

• Originally posted by Flystripper View Post

That's just it. I think the courts would have ruled against Trump rather quickly. Of course, who enforces the courts' rulings if the Executive won't budge?

Comment

• Judicial Review.

Comment

And 8 months later the ‘reasonable’ conservatives here have already turned on Biden.

I don’t know how long we are going to have a country TBH.
                              Never been a fan of Biden. I just like him better than Trump. I assumed he'd be pushing for more Dem policies and legislation - that's his role. I guess I was just hoping he would be slightly more moderate than he's been. Had he been more in the Clinton mold (Bill, not Hillary) I might've even been able to come to like him. As things are - it feels like he's trying to narrow the gap between how much I dislike Trump and how much I dislike him.

Comment

• My, my, my... First, the FBI finds little or no evidence linking Drumpf to the so called insurrection and now this:

Talk About a Coup: It Was Pelosi Who Pushed Milley to Act Against Trump

There’s an incredible report that broke today about improper actions by Gen. Mark Milley after the Capitol riot.

According to the report, Milley tried to interfere with Trump’s ability to solely control a nuclear decision.

From CNN:
                                “You never know what a president’s trigger point is,” Milley told his senior staff, according to the book.

In response, Milley took extraordinary action, and called a secret meeting in his Pentagon office on January 8 to review the process for military action, including launching nuclear weapons. Speaking to senior military officials in charge of the National Military Command Center, the Pentagon’s war room, Milley instructed them not to take orders from anyone unless he was involved.

“No matter what you are told, you do the procedure. You do the process. And I’m part of that procedure,” Milley told the officers, according to the book. He then went around the room, looked each officer in the eye, and asked them to verbally confirm they understood.
                                This, of course, is a brazenly improper action as only the president can dictate the nuclear use and Milley was trying to do an end-run around him with this.

On top of that, as we reported earlier, Milley allegedly contacted his Chinese counterpart and told him he would warn him if we were going to attack — another astonishingly improper action which was reportedly done without the knowledge of President Donald Trump.
                                [...]

But if you’ve been following along here, you may remember another story I wrote back on Jan. 9. Milley’s improper actions followed a call from House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) who wanted Milley to stand in the way of Trump taking any military action. As I wrote at the time, she was effectively trying to foment a coup against the legally elected president of the U.S. and interfere with his military power, when she had no ability to do so. It doesn’t matter what they think or their politics, they were acting against the president of the United States and his duly-given constitutional power.

From CNN:

Pelosi pushed back.

“What I’m saying to you is that if they couldn’t even stop him from an assault on the Capitol, who even knows what else he may do? And is there anybody in charge at the White House who was doing anything but kissing his fat butt all over this?”

Pelosi continued, “You know he’s crazy. He’s been crazy for a long time.”

According to Woodward and Costa, Milley responded, “Madam Speaker, I agree with you on everything.”

After the call, Milley decided he had to act. He told his top service chiefs to watch everything “all the time.” He called the director of the National Security Agency, Paul Nakasone, and told him, “Needles up … keep watching, scan.” And he told then-CIA Director Gina Haspel, “Aggressively watch everything, 360.”
                                [...]
                                https://redstate.com/nick-arama/2021...-trump-n442936

I can't believe that Milley actually listened to that crazy old bat. If there was an insurrection it was Pelosi and Milley doing an end run around an elected official, the POTUS, and taking over the military.
                                "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                                "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                                "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                                X