2020 Post-Election Thread...let's talk about it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
    rumor I heard was that one of them tased themselves and then died. no idea if that is true, but the bad person in me thinks it is funny.
    Most all of me thinks it's funny, so maybe the good person in me is actually bad.
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
      Kind of crazy that 3 of the pro-Trump rioters/criminals died of medical conditions yesterday?! How unhealthy are these people? I mean there couldn’t have been more than 20,000 protestors so that’s an astronomically high death rate, like if 9 people dropped dead at a single BYU football game.
      Well, most of them didn't have masks, so, Corona?
      τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

• Originally posted by UVACoug View Post
        It would come up if the Biden justice department tried to prosecute someone for a pardoned crime on the basis that they think it was an unconstitutional pardon. Then the pardoned individual would have standing to contest the prosecution.
        Fair point-- it comes up if future prosecutors ignore the pardon.

Comment

• Originally posted by All-American View Post
          On the other hand, I'm trying to imagine how that would ever come up. Who would have Article III standing to challenge in court whether somebody else should not have been pardoned?
          Its going to come up as a defense, not as an affirmative claim right?

Edit: I was in a meeting! I was in a meeting!
          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
            rumor I heard was that one of them tased themselves and then died. no idea if that is true, but the bad person in me thinks it is funny.
            A twenty-something kid fell off some scaffolding and dropped 30 ft. Was in critical condition. Maybe he was one of the four.
            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Hey kids, watch trump read this speech that someone wrote for him and convinced him to give and count how many times you utter "bullshit" under your breath. I think I got to 12.

"There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

• The Capital Police rejected assistance from the Pentagon and the FBI days ahead of this riot.

Three days before the pro-President Donald Trump riot at the Capitol, the Pentagon asked the U.S Capitol Police if it needed National Guard manpower. And as the mob descended on the building Wednesday, Justice Department leaders reached out to offer up FBI agents. The police turned them down both times, according to a defense official and two people familiar with the matter.
                Sounds like their weak posture here was due in part to not wanting to look heavy handed like they did last year. I think the Capital Police Chief will be gone in short order, and people will rethink how security is handled in our nation's capital. But this is why I think an independent investigation needs to be opened. Did Trump somehow have a hand in this? Or was it simply incompetence?

Comment

Well, most of them didn't have masks, so, Corona?
                  Ha ha yes they will be counted as coronavirus deaths because the doctors and hospitals make tons of money that way!!

Comment

• Wall Street Journal editorial board calls on Trump to resign:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/donald-...nion_lead_pos1

If Mr. Trump wants to avoid a second impeachment, his best path would be to take personal responsibility and resign. This would be the cleanest solution since it would immediately turn presidential duties over to Mr. Pence. And it would give Mr. Trump agency, a la Richard Nixon, over his own fate.

This might also stem the flood of White House and Cabinet resignations that are understandable as acts of conscience but could leave the government dangerously unmanned. Robert O’Brien, the national security adviser, in particular should stay at his post.

We know an act of grace by Mr. Trump isn’t likely. In any case this week has probably finished him as a serious political figure. He has cost Republicans the House, the White House, and now the Senate. Worse, he has betrayed his loyal supporters by lying to them about the election and the ability of Congress and Mr. Pence to overturn it. He has refused to accept the basic bargain of democracy, which is to accept the result, win or lose.

It is best for everyone, himself included, if he goes away quietly.

Comment

• Ugh! Now a Capital Police officer has died. That brings the total to five deaths.

And the police chief resigned.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                        Wall Street Journal editorial board calls on Trump to resign:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/donald-...nion_lead_pos1
                        This would be the best outcome, truly. That, and Zach Wilson gets to stay another year. I'd like a pony too.

Comment

This would be the best outcome, truly. That, and Zach Wilson gets to stay another year. I'd like a pony too.
                          I want a million dollars. And a pony.

Comment

Hey kids, watch trump read this speech that someone wrote for him and convinced him to give and count how many times you utter "bullshit" under your breath. I think I got to 12.

I only got to five or six, but allotted myself only one bullshit per sentence. That said, Trump didn't write a single word of that, which is why it was the best thing to cross his lips since the election. An extremely low bar, obviously.

Comment

Hey kids, watch trump read this speech that someone wrote for him and convinced him to give and count how many times you utter "bullshit" under your breath. I think I got to 12.

What if I can't complete one utterance before I have to start the next?

Even so, I'm glad multiple someone's got him to do it--a month and a half too late notwithstanding. Image damage control in full production now.

Comment

• Originally posted by swampfrog View Post
                                What if I can't complete one utterance before I have to start the next?

Even so, I'm glad multiple someone's got him to do it--a month and a half too late notwithstanding. Image damage control in full production now.
                                It’s amazing how we are glad people doing the most simplest of tasks. Less than 24 hours after he victimized himself on video and reiterated his grievances.

A cop is now dead from yesterday, 5 people total, can we have 7 years of Trey Gowdy grilling Mike Pompeo?

Comment

Working...
                                X