2020 Post-Election Thread...let's talk about it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
    After today I think there may be the 18 or so votes they would need from the Republicans.
    Who knows. Lots of cowards.

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Tick View Post
      Agreed. And I hope this happens.
      That would be best for the country and the GOP

Comment

• Apparently Chris Christie is on board ... which is saying something (he was one of the first Republicans to endorse Trump in the 2016 election).

https://twitter.com/mtracey/status/1...211119104?s=20

Comment

• 2020 Post-Election Thread...let's talk about it

It’s official [emoji631]
          Mike Pence is going to need those SS agents I’m afraid [emoji20]

**And I don’t agree with that in the workplace**

Comment

• Don't think impeachment is going to happen

https://twitter.com/igorbobic/status...306161664?s=19

Comment

• I don't think I would agree with impeachment or invoking the 25th, based on what we know now.

I have a really high standard for what would be sufficient to remove the sitting president-- maybe too high. But I greatly fear what happens when we put this card into play. It may be well and good to use it now, but history tells us that the next time it will be invoked it will be for less cause. I strongly suspect that when later historians read about the fall of the American Republic, a prominent feature of that process will be the removal, whether by impeachment or other means, of a sitting president who (along with his supporters) felt the removal was without basis and refused to respect it. I just don't want to go there if it can be helped.

And here, I don't think we need to go there. From the day after the election, when I saw Biden overtake Trump in the Michigan vote count, I have had zero doubt as to whether Joe Biden would be president on January 21. Even now, as Trump protests the vote and claims to have been wronged, he says there will be a peaceful transition of power. Were there any doubt on this point, I would consider impeachment and/or 25th amendment processes more seriously. As the only practical consequence of either process will be to accomplish what will happen in two weeks anyway, I'd rather we didn't.
              τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

• Pence unfollowed Trump on Twitter and changed his header to a pic of Biden/Harris.

Comment

• Originally posted by All-American View Post
                  I don't think I would agree with impeachment or invoking the 25th, based on what we know now.

I have a really high standard for what would be sufficient to remove the sitting president-- maybe too high. But I greatly fear what happens when we put this card into play. It may be well and good to use it now, but history tells us that the next time it will be invoked it will be for less cause. I strongly suspect that when later historians read about the fall of the American Republic, a prominent feature of that process will be the removal, whether by impeachment or other means, of a sitting president who (along with his supporters) felt the removal was without basis and refused to respect it. I just don't want to go there if it can be helped.

And here, I don't think we need to go there. From the day after the election, when I saw Biden overtake Trump in the Michigan vote count, I have had zero doubt as to whether Joe Biden would be president on January 21. Even now, as Trump protests the vote and claims to have been wronged, he says there will be a peaceful transition of power. Were there any doubt on this point, I would consider impeachment and/or 25th amendment processes more seriously. As the only practical consequence of either process will be to accomplish what will happen in two weeks anyway, I'd rather we didn't.
                  Yeah though it would be nice to have a functioning CIC for the next couple weeks.

Comment

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                    Pence unfollowed Trump on Twitter and changed his header to a pic of Biden/Harris.
                    Heard that it’s just a rumor unfortunately.

Comment

• We all trust our own unorthodoxies.

Comment

I don't think I would agree with impeachment or invoking the 25th, based on what we know now.

I guess I am sympathetic to this argument. From a political standpoint, impeachment would be the best thing for the GOP. It's much easier to get your house in order if this man cannot run for office again under the banner of your party. The GOP will want Trump to fade away but he will still be given a platform by the media as coverage is a moneymaker for them. At the very least post president Trump coverage well help bridge the gap to whatever they can exploit next. And the Dems will benefit politically from this. They have an incentive to not let the GOP separate themselves from him. Which is bad for America but the GOP has no one to blame but themselves.

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                          Heard that it’s just a rumor unfortunately.
                          That looks like Biden/Harris to me.

https://twitter.com/Mike_Pence

Comment

WTF is wrong with you? A peaceful transition?

Look at the last week:

Hundreds of falsehoods
                            Coercion of at least one election official to change the results of an election
                            Held a 2 day rally in the front yard of the White House full of propaganda
                            Participated in said rally and told his supporters you can’t take back our country with weakness
                            Told attendees to march on the capitol
                            When those same people attempted to breach the seat of government and he didn’t tell them to stop
                            After they breached the capitol and he didn’t tell them to stop
                            After they vandalized and ransacked the capitol and he called them great people and patriots

That’s not enough for you to say you’ve seen enough?

Trump was right, you would watch him shoot someone and look the other way.

Comment

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                              That looks like Biden/Harris to me.

https://twitter.com/Mike_Pence
                              He still has Donald Trump’s url at the top. Oleaginous until the end.
                              "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                              "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                              - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                                He still has Donald Trump’s url at the top. Oleaginous until the end.
                                I’m pretty sure YOhio was joking, but that is definitely Mike pence and (I would guess) his wife in that picture.

Comment

Working...
                                X