Confirmed: Senator Mike Lee is a wanker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Non Sequitur View Post
    Yeah, it's an issue, but why is it an issue that requires the attention of a United States Senator? Conservatives bitch and bitch about government regulation and interference, but when it comes to issues involving the gays, the Federal government all of a sudden needs to ride to the rescue.
    Agreed. Not everything requires the intervention of the U.S. Senate ... isn't that what dumbass Lee ran on anyways? I guess, to be fair, Title IX might require some amendments to deal with this, especially after the Supreme Court interpreted it as protecting against Trans discrimination. I agree with that decision, but it may create some problems that need addressed. I hate that Lee is the face of it though.
    Last edited by UVACoug; 01-01-2021, 11:38 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
      I didn't take it as a personal insult. I was looking to debate a topic that I find both interesting and relevant because I'm a former track athlete and follow both BYU track/cross country and all the USA middle distance/distance athletes and I've read quite a bit on this. Your comment totally missed the point I was making. I guess I should have realized that because it was posted in this thread that it was meant at taking a shot at Mike Lee and that you didn't want a debate, you just wanted to score some internet message board points. I'll let you, NS and NWtD (has he contributed anything of substance to this website?) have your moment of Mike Lee hatred.
      Than no need to call me a dick over it if you didn't feel insulted.

Comment

I didn't take it as a personal insult. I was looking to debate a topic that I find both interesting and relevant because I'm a former track athlete and follow both BYU track/cross country and all the USA middle distance/distance athletes and I've read quite a bit on this. Your comment totally missed the point I was making. I guess I should have realized that because it was posted in this thread that it was meant at taking a shot at Mike Lee and that you didn't want a debate, you just wanted to score some internet message board points. I'll let you, NS and NWtD (has he contributed anything of substance to this website?) have your moment of Mike Lee hatred.

"I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Confirmed: Senator Mike Lee is a wanker

Mike Lee actually interpreting the constitution correctly for once. Shame, however, that he passed up a real chance to actually show us his pocket version.
          Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
            Mike Lee actually interpreting the constitution correctly for once. Shame, however, that he passed up a real chance to actually show us his pocket version.
            You missed him waving it around during his floor speech? The content of the speech was good, but he is so insufferable. Clearly sees himself as the only intelligent person in the room.

Comment

• Originally posted by UVACoug View Post
              You missed him waving it around during his floor speech? The content of the speech was good, but he is so insufferable. Clearly sees himself as the only intelligent person in the room.
              So true, so true. He acts like he cares about our loved constitution but turns his back on the great people of this nation when they need him. I tried to call him the other day! He acted like I misdialed! Sad!

Comment

• Originally posted by Now who’s the dean? View Post
                Really focused in on the pressing issues our nation is facing. Idiot.

https://www.ksl.com/article/50075085...-womens-sports

**And I don’t agree with that in the workplace**
                Less than one month later: https://www.washingtonpost.com/dc-md...sgender-lgbtq/

I don't to call Mike Lee a prophet on this one since we all saw it coming, but I wonder if now is a good time to have this discussion...
                "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Less than one month later: https://www.washingtonpost.com/dc-md...sgender-lgbtq/

I don't to call Mike Lee a prophet on this one since we all saw it coming, but I wonder if now is a good time to have this discussion...
                  Is boys “pretending” to be girls (I know it’s more nuanced than that) for athletic purposes a bigger problem than I am imagining? Has this been happening, or is it more of a slippery slope concern? The article states that more than a 16 states already allow trans gender students to participate fully in athletics. Have womens athletics been harmed in these states? I don’t have kids and don’t follow hs athletics at all so this may be causing problems of which I’m completely ignorant, but given the recent history of the religious right I’m inclined to be skeptical of their concerns. In any case, Mike Lee remains a wanker.

Also “more than 16 states” is a weird way to state that. Got tired of counting?

Comment

• Originally posted by Now who’s the dean? View Post

Is boys “pretending” to be girls (I know it’s more nuanced than that) for athletic purposes a bigger problem than I am imagining? Has this been happening, or is it more of a slippery slope concern? The article states that more than a 16 states already allow trans gender students to participate fully in athletics. Have womens athletics been harmed in these states? I don’t have kids and don’t follow hs athletics at all so this may be causing problems of which I’m completely ignorant, but given the recent history of the religious right I’m inclined to be skeptical of their concerns. In any case, Mike Lee remains a wanker.

Also “more than 16 states” is a weird way to state that. Got tired of counting?

It's only a problem when they win and there have been a few instances of that.

Comment

• Originally posted by wapiti View Post

It's only a problem when they win and there have been a few instances of that.
                      The two main ones that come to mind are the girl's wrestling champ from Texas 3 years ago and the two sprinters in Connecticut that cleaned up at the state track meet a few years ago.

Comment

• It has the potential to impact the highest competitions of women’s sports. It’s essentially legal steroids for transgender women. I don’t have a good solution but it’s a potential issue. It hasn’t become widespread but I expect we will see more of it as time goes on.

I don’t think it is nefarious. I don’t think there are hoards of people looking to exploit this issue and I want inclusion for transgender women, but I am not sure how you control for 18+ years of elevated testosterone versus a biological woman.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

• One of two senators to vote against the new SecDef. I haven't seen any statement as to why he did so, but the only reason I can think of is his objection to the waiver of time since Austin retired. If he cannot get his head out of his rear and see that confirmation is a different matter than the waiver itself, he maybe shouldn't be a senator anymore.
                          “Every player dreams of being a Yankee, and if they don’t it’s because they never got the chance.” Aroldis Chapman

Comment

• Originally posted by Copelius View Post
                            One of two senators to vote against the new SecDef. I haven't seen any statement as to why he did so, but the only reason I can think of is his objection to the waiver of time since Austin retired. If he cannot get his head out of his rear and see that confirmation is a different matter than the waiver itself, he maybe shouldn't be a senator anymore.
                            The justification for this is defensible. Peter Meijer has a good justification for it. https://twitter.com/RepMeijer/status...61050792980483

Mattis got the waiver only because people were so worried about Trump that they were excited about anyone being brought in who appeared to be an adult. Biden has a much bigger pool of willing candidates for this to be necessary. Otherwise, just get rid of the rule.

Comment

• I understand voting against the waiver. Many more than two did on that vote. But that question being resolved, the question before him on the confirmation was whether Austin should be SecDef. One of Lee's problems is he cannot compartmentalize. It makes him seem more petty than perhaps he is.

I do agree with you that the rule needs to be followed or done away with overall and don't fault him for the no vote on the waiver.
                              “Every player dreams of being a Yankee, and if they don’t it’s because they never got the chance.” Aroldis Chapman

Comment

• Originally posted by BigPiney View Post

The two main ones that come to mind are the girl's wrestling champ from Texas 3 years ago and the two sprinters in Connecticut that cleaned up at the state track meet a few years ago.
                                Texas is one of the offenders!? Did not expect that.

Comment

Working...
                                X