Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

At what point did you / will you take the coronavirus epidemic seriously?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
    Facebook is reversing their policy of censoring posts that Covid was man made. While I doubt it was man made, this just shows the danger in social media platforms censoring information based solely on “consensus” especially when that consensus was mostly based on social media mobs attacking people for discussing the possibility the virus came from a lab. Someone owes Tom Cotton an apology.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Tom Cotton, I am sorry that you are from Arkansas, what a shitty place. Also I am sorry you are an idiot, but you may have been right on one thing. Congrats I guess.

Comment

• https://emilyoster.substack.com/p/wearing-masks-outside

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

"Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Comment

• Originally posted by BigPiney View Post

Tom Cotton, I am sorry that you are from Arkansas, what a shitty place. Also I am sorry you are an idiot, but you may have been right on one thing. Congrats I guess.
        "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
        "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
        - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by BigPiney View Post

This doesn’t feel sincere

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• FTR, and you can quote me on this, it is still unlikely that this pandemic happened because of a lab leak. A zoonosis is still the most likely explanation. The media, CDC, and governments have all failed us spectacularly, allowing massive amounts of disinformation to spread like, well, a virus. So even if this turns out to be a lab worker infecting the population with a coronavirus gone awry, it most certainly wasn't bioterrorism (which Cotton raised as a possibility). There's way too many easier and more deadly microorganisms to use, rather than a respiratory virus that mainly kills the infirm and elderly.
            "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
            "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
            - SeattleUte

Comment

• Janice trying to appeal to the Trump supporters (having recently announced candidacy for governor):

Idaho Lt. Gov. Janice McGeachin issued an executive order on Thursday banning mask mandates while Gov. Brad Little was unaware and out of town.

"The lieutenant governor did not make Gov. Little aware of her executive order ahead of time," Marissa Morrison Hyer, Little's press secretary, told CNN.

Morrison Hyer said Little is out of state this week "collaborating with Republican governors at the (Republican Governors Association) convention in Nashville." When asked whether Little supported the order and would let it stand, she pointed to a statement from the office noting that "the Governor's Office is reviewing the Lt. Governor's executive order.
              https://www.cnn.com/2021/05/27/polit...ban/index.html

I found out about it when the school district emailed earlier today:

Dear Students, Parents and Guardians,

Earlier today, Lieutenant Governor Janice McGeachin issued an executive order prohibiting mask mandates by the state and its political subdivisions, including public schools. It is not the practice of West Ada School District to change operations in the middle of the school day; therefore, masks will remain in place through today.

We are consulting legal counsel regarding the School Boards’ statutory authority under Idaho Code 33-512 to enforce certain health and safety protocols.
              As soon as we have additional information it will be provided.

Sincerely,
              West Ada School District

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

"I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
              - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                Janice trying to appeal to the Trump supporters (having recently announced candidacy for governor):

Looks like she's following the Trump rules to a T:

1. Chaos
                2. The end.

Comment

• Originally posted by Applejack View Post

Looks like she's following the Trump rules to a T:

1. Chaos
                  2. The end.
                  That is a very good summary of Trump's playbook. I might suggest an addition:

1. Chaos
                  1.5. Self-aggrandize in the resulting media spotlight from the instigated chaos
                  2. The end

Comment

Janice trying to appeal to the Trump supporters (having recently announced candidacy for governor):

Governor Little was not amused by the Lt. Governor's executive order while he was away:

An executive order that was issued while I was out of the state this week runs contrary to a basic conservative principle – the government closest to the people governs best.

The executive order unilaterally and unlawfully takes away authorities given to the state’s mayors, local school board trustees, and others.

Just like the states begrudge federal government mandates, local governments in Idaho resent the state doing the same thing.

The executive order usurps legislative powers. It replicates a bill that was debated considerably in the Legislature but failed to pass a body of individuals representing Idahoans from all corners of the state, and makes it law with the stroke of one person’s pen.

The action that took place while I was gone this week is not gubernatorial.

The action that took place was an irresponsible, self-serving political stunt.

Taking the earliest opportunity to act solitarily on a highly politicized, polarizing issue without conferring with local jurisdictions, legislators, and the sitting Governor is, simply put, an abuse of power.

This kind of over-the-top executive action amounts to tyranny – something we all oppose.

How ironic that the action comes from a person who has groused about tyranny, executive overreach, and balance of power for months.

https://idahonews.com/news/local/gov...abuse-of-power

"I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                    - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Governor Little was not amused by the Lt. Governor's executive order while he was away:

https://idahonews.com/news/local/gov...abuse-of-power
                      Wow. Your lt. gov is bonkers.
                      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Lt. Gov. McGeachin Gov. Little

Comment

• Does Idaho elect their Lt. Governor independent of the Governor? They don't run on the same ticket?

Regardless of how she is elected, she is a whacko.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

Wow. Your lt. gov is bonkers.
                            Yip.

Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
                            Lt. Gov. McGeachin Gov. Little
                            Yip

Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
                            Does Idaho elect their Lt. Governor independent of the Governor? They don't run on the same ticket?

Regardless of how she is elected, she is a whacko.
                            It is a separately-elected office. I don't remember who I voted for in that race, but I know she won't be getting my vote going forward. Yes, that University of Arizona alum is a whacko.
                            - Goatnapper'96

Comment

It is a separately-elected office. I don't remember who I voted for in that race, but I know she won't be getting my vote going forward. Yes, that University of Arizona alum is a whacko.
                              Was she born crazy, or did she catch it in Arizona?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post

Was she born crazy, or did she catch it in Arizona?
                                Well, she was born in New Mexico, so.....

Comment

Working...
                                X