Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

At what point did you / will you take the coronavirus epidemic seriously?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

I take it you follow Stephen L. Miller on Twitter.
    Ha, I follow Miller. He’s a good follow because he’s kind of an idiot but in a funny way. He’s basically the epitome of whataboutism.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post

Ha, I follow Miller. He’s a good follow because he’s kind of an idiot but in a funny way. He’s basically the epitome of whataboutism.

So is Miller our beloved Ted? Is that the joke?

Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

• I don’t follow Miller but I do others who retweet him. I hope he posts other things besides media bias, because that seems to obsession.
        "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
        "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
        - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
          I don’t follow Miller but I do others who retweet him. I hope he posts other things besides media bias, because that seems to obsession.
          He tweets a ton of stuff. The trick is to not take any of it seriously. He likes to show the liberal hypocrisy, which can be really funny and sad at times.

"Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
            I don’t follow Miller but I do others who retweet him. I hope he posts other things besides media bias, because that seems to obsession.
            Media bias is his wheelhouse. He excels at pointing out hypocrisy on the left by essentially just using their same language and reactions when the shoe is on the other foot. It's targeted whataboutism to make his point. He is entertaining. It's especially funny when the obvious hypocrisy of one of his targets is completely lost on them.

But I had to stop following him. It's just too much culture war content in my timeline. I'm trying to ignore as much of the culture war as possible right now. The negativity of both sides eats at your soul.

Comment

• Originally posted by USUC View Post
              Media bias is his wheelhouse. He excels at pointing out hypocrisy on the left by essentially just using their same language and reactions when the shoe is on the other foot. It's targeted whataboutism to make his point. He is entertaining. It's especially funny when the obvious hypocrisy of one of his targets is completely lost on them.
              Yeah, I am not sure whataboutism is an entirely fair label in this case. Whataboutism is rationalizing bad behavior but much of what he does is point out legit examples of hypocrisy. There is a difference.

"There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

Yeah, I am not sure whataboutism is an entirely fair label in this case. Whataboutism is rationalizing bad behavior but much of what he does is point out legit examples of hypocrisy. There is a difference.
                A fair distinction.

Comment

• Originally posted by USUC View Post

But I had to stop following him. It's just too much culture war content in my timeline. I'm trying to ignore as much of the culture war as possible right now. The negativity of both sides eats at your soul.
                  This

Comment

Working...
                  X