Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

At what point did you / will you take the coronavirus epidemic seriously?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got my vaccination scheduled for the 30th in the parking lot of Cardinal Stadium. Glamorous...
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by Solon View Post
      So, you know those people in the "Deep State" who rigged the presidential election by manipulating millions of votes using intricate planning and precise coordination across multiple states, with no traceable communications or evidence, all within a very tight timeframe?

Why can't we put those people in charge of the vaccine rollout and distribution?
      They seem amazingly competent.

We could double whatever Biden & Satan paid them.
      I've forwarded your offer to Hugo Chavez.

Comment

• Originally posted by Solon View Post
        So, you know those people in the "Deep State" who rigged the presidential election by manipulating millions of votes using intricate planning and precise coordination across multiple states, with no traceable communications or evidence, all within a very tight timeframe?

Why can't we put those people in charge of the vaccine rollout and distribution?
        They seem amazingly competent.

We could double whatever Biden & Satan paid them.
        They would have to do better that a 1/3 in one month.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

"Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Comment

• https://www.wsj.com/articles/arizona...d=hp_lead_pos5

As of Monday, roughly 16% of Covid-19 tests in the state were coming back positive, according to data compiled by Johns Hopkins University, and health officials estimate that one in 10 residents is currently infected.

"Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• One of our smaller community hospitals just reported an COVID-19 outbreak of 31 caregivers. What's eye-opening is that 10 of them had already received the first dose of the Pfizer vaccine. None of them had gotten the second dose.

It's alarming that after a year that we have outbreaks in caregiver staff. And that it's serious enough that you can get it even when partially immunized.

It's still serious out there, yo. Be safe.
            "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
            "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
            - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
              One of our smaller community hospitals just reported an COVID-19 outbreak of 31 caregivers. What's eye-opening is that 10 of them had already received the first dose of the Pfizer vaccine. None of them had gotten the second dose.

It's alarming that after a year that we have outbreaks in caregiver staff. And that it's serious enough that you can get it even when partially immunized.

It's still serious out there, yo. Be safe.
              Do you think they let their guard down after getting the first shot? I think that's one of the concerns. After the first shot you really have pretend like you didn't even get it.

Comment

• Originally posted by wapiti View Post

Do you think they let their guard down after getting the first shot? I think that's one of the concerns. After the first shot you really have pretend like you didn't even get it.
                We have been told in no uncertain terms that the full effects of the vaccine aren't seen until at least 2 weeks after your second dose. Thirty one caregivers? That is seriously outrageous. You don't get that many unless there was a serious lack of following protocol by numerous people.

I had my first shot 2 weeks ago. I got the Moderna vaccine so still have 2 weeks to go before the second dose. I have thought about starting a new thread on people's experiences as they get the vaccine. I had 36 hours of side effects, mostly tiredness and off and on nausea. I anticipate I'll have a rough time with side effects after the next shot.

Comment

• Originally posted by USUC View Post

We have been told in no uncertain terms that the full effects of the vaccine aren't seen until at least 2 weeks after your second dose. Thirty one caregivers? That is seriously outrageous. You don't get that many unless there was a serious lack of following protocol by numerous people.

I had my first shot 2 weeks ago. I got the Moderna vaccine so still have 2 weeks to go before the second dose. I have thought about starting a new thread on people's experiences as they get the vaccine. I had 36 hours of side effects, mostly tiredness and off and on nausea. I anticipate I'll have a rough time with side effects after the next shot.
                  I got my first shot of Moderna earlier this week. Aside from a sore shoulder for a couple of days, I haven't felt anything. One of my buddies ran a low grade fever and had body aches for two days after Moderna #1. None of my friends or family that have received Pfizer have had an issues.

Comment

• Originally posted by wapiti View Post

I suspect it's largely that. We don't have any details about the timing of exposure in relation to the first dose, so it could also be that they were exposed just too soon after the vaccine for an antibody response to be generated.
                    "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                    "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                    - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by bluegoose View Post

I got my first shot of Moderna earlier this week. Aside from a sore shoulder for a couple of days, I haven't felt anything. One of my buddies ran a low grade fever and had body aches for two days after Moderna #1. None of my friends or family that have received Pfizer have had an issues.
                      Of the people I know who have had the Moderna vaccine, I have experienced the worst side effects. Nothing to take a sick day or anything, but just that sneaky queasiness out of nowhere. The injection site soreness is definitely worse than a flu shot. More like a tetanus shot.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
                        With CDC's projections, we'll get that ratio to 1:800 by the end of the month.
                        And just like that we're already there. It's a bloodbath.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post

And just like that we're already there. It's a bloodbath.
                          Crazy.
                          "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                          - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Awesome.

https://www.latimes.com/california/s...er-at-entrance

**And I don’t agree with that in the workplace**

Comment

• I kept forgetting to get my flu shot this season... I guess there is no point in getting it now:

Flu Cases Remain Almost Non-Existent in the U.S. This Year

During the second week in January, 23 people tested positive for the flu in the United States.

More than 14,657 tested positive for the flu during the same time last year, before the coronavirus pandemic took hold.

“It’s crazy,” Lynnette Brammer, who leads the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Domestic Influenza Surveillance team, told The Washington Post. “This is my 30th flu season. I never would have expected to see flu activity this low.”

For the week ending January 16, the CDC reported low or minimal flu activity in almost every state and territory.

Last year, flu activity was high in 44 states that week, plus Puerto Rico and New York City. Only one state, New Hampshire, had minimal flu activity.
                              [...]
                              https://weather.com/health/cold-flu/...es-coronavirus
                              "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                              "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                              "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                                I kept forgetting to get my flu shot this season... I guess there is no point in getting it now:

https://weather.com/health/cold-flu/...es-coronavirus
                                That's really quite remarkable. I assume that's a function of all the social distancing, mask wearing, and other precautions we've been taking. Which leads me to wonder what sort of precautions we should continue through the winter months moving forward.

I've really had it with the social distancing though. I don't know how much more I can take.

Comment

Working...
                                X