Random Thoughts Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The_Tick View Post

There are stages? I went from optimist to cynic pretty quickly. But I'm still optimistic at times.
    Don't fall into the abyss!
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• I just found out my aunt follows the South Logan Arby's instagram account.
      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
        I just found out my aunt follows the South Logan Arby's instagram account.
        Who doesn't?

Comment

• Home made bacon, fried in a pan, then grease used to grill sandwich with homemade pastrami. Ohh my gaaawwwwwwwwwwww
          τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

• Originally posted by All-American View Post
            Home made bacon, fried in a pan, then grease used to grill sandwich with homemade pastrami. Ohh my gaaawwwwwwwwwwww
            Somewhat related, leftover bacon grease has replaced pretty much all oil/butter needs in our house. We have a mug that gets refilled with the grease anytime we make bacon. I initially raised eyebrows about using months old grease left out in the open. But apparently that's what my FIL did all the time on the farm, and he's still alive. He even uses it to 'butter' his toast, which I have not done yet.
            "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
            "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
            - SeattleUte

Comment

• Whoever came up with the idea of Boston Baked Beans as a candy is a real joker.

Comment

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                Whoever came up with the idea of Boston Baked Beans as a candy is a real joker.
                My best friend in high school used to buy those out of the vending machine at school. We didn't have much of a selection in those days. I used to buy the lemon heads.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post

My best friend in high school used to buy those out of the vending machine at school. We didn't have much of a selection in those days. I used to buy the lemon heads.
                  lemonheads are good. I also used to get Alexander the Grapes.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigPiney View Post

lemonheads are good. I also used to get Alexander the Grapes.
                    Cherry Clan fan here.
                    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Whoever came up with the idea of Boston Baked Beans as a candy is a real joker.
                      Our junior high school ran a store just outside the lunchroom. It's shelves were mostly populated by candy. The Boston Baked Beans were just 10 cents. I got them a few times, but they were not a favorite.
                      "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                      - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• On the one hand I like sending the thumbs up/haha/heart thing on iMessage, on the other hand I don’t really care for receiving those responses. Especially on a group chat with an Android user.

Comment

On the one hand I like sending the thumbs up/haha/heart thing on iMessage, on the other hand I don’t really care for receiving those responses. Especially on a group chat with an Android user.
                          Interesting. I never send those things and couldn't care less if I receive those responses or not.

Comment

• What is up with Utahns?...

‘Extremely risky’: Weber County sees increase in people hammocking on power lines

Aren’t hammocks supposed to be used for relaxing?

Well, apparently not.

The Weber County Sheriff’s Office took to social media after seeing an increase in people hammocking between the power lines on the bench of North Ogden and Pleasant View.

“These lines carry 75,000 kilovolts and that power can jump from the lines,” authorities explained in a Facebook post.
                            [...]
                            https://www.abc4.com/news/local-news...n-power-lines/

Of course, with everyone praying for rain it may take care of this problem as well...

"If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                            "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                            "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• I don't understand why people want to buy clothing that is 'destructed' - pre-ripped and pre-frayed. Not only do they want to buy clothing that has been ripped, they are willing to pay extra for clothing that DI or Savers or Goodwill would reject and not re-sell.

Why would anyone willingly pay more to buy defective clothes? This boggles my mind.
                              Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
                                I don't understand why people want to buy clothing that is 'destructed' - pre-ripped and pre-frayed. Not only do they want to buy clothing that has been ripped, they are willing to pay extra for clothing that DI or Savers or Goodwill would reject and not re-sell.

Why would anyone willingly pay more to buy defective clothes? This boggles my mind.
                                Do you also refuse to buy jeans that are "washed" to lighten or change the appearance?

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                                X