No announcement yet.

Utah Senator Mitt Romney Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This surprises me. Perhaps I've listened to the vocal minority voice too much.

Comment

• That is a great statement. Bravo.

Lol at the notion that we are no different than the AZGOP.
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
        That is a great statement. Bravo.

Lol at the notion that we are no different than the AZGOP.

Comment

• I've long suspected the Church has a moderating effect on conservative politics here. Perhaps this is what is happening?

Comment

• Originally posted by USUC View Post
            I've long suspected the Church has a moderating effect on conservative politics here. Perhaps this is what is happening?
            Maybe. Or maybe they're actually taking a look at what the AZGOP has done for the GOP in AZ.
            "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

I've long suspected the Church has a moderating effect on conservative politics here. Perhaps this is what is happening?
              I would like to think so. I also think that having someone like Spencer Cox as governor tends to help with the tone. Speaking of which, if the UTGOP were mostly a-holes, we would have elected that trump-loving knucklehead Greg Hughes in the governor race primary last year. He only got 20% of the vote. That makes me optimistic and proud of our state.

Now if we could just dump Mike Lee somehow.
              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

• I read the KSL.com comments section on an article about county health departments enforcing COVID rules and I'm less optimistic and proud of our state.So much stupidity and so many bad takes. People there demanding to know under what authority the counties have to regulate things in the name of public health - saying such regulation should be left up to the state, not the counties. Umm, have they ever even looked at Utah Code Title 26A? I doubt it.

And I will bet serious amounts of money that the folks getting their panties in a twist over individual counties enforcing their COVID rules, crying for the broader and less-local state government to step in, are the same folks that would get their panties in a twist over the federal government stepping in with COVID rules over the top of states. Too many stupid people with access to internet megaphones these days.
                Last edited by BigFatMeanie; 02-15-2021, 05:15 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
                  I read the KSL.com comments section on an article about county health departments enforcing COVID rules and I'm less optimistic and proud of our state.So much stupidity and so many bad takes. People there demanding to know under what authority the counties have to regulate things in the name of public health - saying such regulation should be left up to the state, not the counties. Umm, have they ever even looked at Utah Code Title 26A? I doubt it.

And I will bet serious amounts of money that the folks getting their panties in a twist over individual counties enforcing their COVID rules, crying for the broader and less-local state government to step in, are the same folks that would get their panties in a twist over the federal government stepping in with COVID rules over the top of states. Too many stupid people with access to internet megaphones these days.
                  Internet comments are not the best measure to judge the greater population. When's the last time you made the effort to sign up a username for a KSL account, then spent time arguing with strangers in the comments? Only crazies put in the effort. These people don't have anybody in their real lives to say these things out loud to and be told they are dumb.

Comment

Internet comments are not the best measure to judge the greater population. When's the last time you made the effort to sign up a username for a KSL account, then spent time arguing with strangers in the comments? Only crazies put in the effort. These people don't have anybody in their real lives to say these things out loud to and be told they are dumb.
                    ^this

Comment

That is what we have this board for.
                      “Every player dreams of being a Yankee, and if they don’t it’s because they never got the chance.” Aroldis Chapman

Comment

• Sounds like Mitt had a "Harry Reid accident".
                        "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                        "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                        "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• I think this editorial is spot on. Why would a reasonable, honorable guy like Mitt want to continue to associate themselves with the white nationalist, Trump worshipping, anti-democracy nut jobs who currently control the Republican party?

https://www.cnn.com/2021/05/02/opini...lah/index.html

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
                            I think this editorial is spot on. Why would a reasonable, honorable guy like Mitt want to continue to associate themselves with the white nationalist, Trump worshipping, anti-democracy nut jobs who currently control the Republican party?

https://www.cnn.com/2021/05/02/opini...lah/index.html
                            I think the thing that is crazy to me is that Romney voted more in line with Trump than essentially any other GOP senator. Definitely more than Mike Lee did. So why are these folks booing Mitt and cheering for Lee? Seems like they'd have a similar amount of contempt for a senator who opposed Trump as much as Lee did.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eddie View Post

I think the thing that is crazy to me is that Romney voted more in line with Trump than essentially any other GOP senator. Definitely more than Mike Lee did. So why are these folks booing Mitt and cheering for Lee? Seems like they'd have a similar amount of contempt for a senator who opposed Trump as much as Lee did.
                              Trumpism is a cult. So frustrating.

Comment

• The thing is Eddie, Lee isn't seen as any sort of rival to Trump because while he might have voted against some of his legislative goals some times he never opposed Trump in any meaningful way. Romney voted to impeach the man twice, and Lee compared him to Capt. Moroni. They aren't really close at all.

The GOP is not over Trumpism or Qanon by a long-shot. Trumpism is still the governing force in the GOP. What a joke, and a national shame. God bless people like Romney and Cheney who put country before party.

Comment

Working...
                                X