Utah Governor Spencer Cox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eddie View Post
    Dude commutes 200 miles to get to work and home every day?!?

Holy Crap.
    I know someone who commutes from Richfield every day.

Comment

Early polls show Huntsman with a significant lead among gubernatorial candidates.

https://www.deseret.com/utah/2019/10...an-spencer-cox

"There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
        Early polls show Huntsman with a significant lead among gubernatorial candidates.

He's a bozo!

Comment

But this is a good sign:

Among just GOP voters, Cox led Huntsman, 34% to 30%
          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

That poll is confusing. Huntsman leads Cox among all likely voters, but Cox beats Huntsman among Republicans. Utah has closed primaries, right? When would Hunstman and Cox be running against each other where non-Republicans are voting? Is Hunstman thinking about running as an independent?

Comment

Yuck.

Comment

Mike Lee continues to be a weenie - endorses Huntsman in the governor's race.

https://www.heraldextra.com/news/loc...ntent=headline

I saw on the news yesterday that current polling shows likely primary voters at 40% Cox vs. 33% Huntsman. Huntsman still scrambling to collect signatures but it looks like he will make it.
                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

Mike Lee continues to be a weenie - endorses Huntsman in the governor's race.

https://www.heraldextra.com/news/loc...ntent=headline

I saw on the news yesterday that current polling shows likely primary voters at 40% Cox vs. 33% Huntsman. Huntsman still scrambling to collect signatures but it looks like he will make it.
                  I read Huntsman had around 50% of his signatures rejected while Cox only had 17%. The Huntsman's are pretty ticked they are still collecting signatures when they originally submitted an extra 30% and still came up short. I guess Cox's people were just more thorough?

Comment

How does Lee claim to be a conservative constitutionalist and then endorse Huntsman?

I mean - I don't necessarily hate Huntsman. He isn't my first choice - or my second for that matter. But I'm trying to figure out what he's got on Lee to get his endorsement when Huntsman's politics are about as moderate as you can get and still be considered "republican" in Utah.

Comment

How does Lee claim to be a conservative constitutionalist and then endorse Huntsman?

I mean - I don't necessarily hate Huntsman. He isn't my first choice - or my second for that matter. But I'm trying to figure out what he's got on Lee to get his endorsement when Huntsman's politics are about as moderate as you can get and still be considered "republican" in Utah.
                      The timing says the endorsement was intended to help Huntsman get the signatures he needed. I'm guessing someone called in a favor.

Comment

Originally posted by wapiti View Post
                        The timing says the endorsement was intended to help Huntsman get the signatures he needed. I'm guessing someone called in a favor.
                        Still - the question remains. How does a guy who promotes himself as a strict conservative and constitutionalist endorse a guy like Huntsman?

And - if he's doing it due to favors being called in, how does he now convince us that he hasn't been bought by "beltway politics" and isn't willing to throw his support behind the highest bidder?

Don't get me wrong - I'm pretty pragmatic at heart and feel like you get further by working together and compromising as necessary. But Lee built himself up as the guy who doesn't compromise. The guy who stands apart from politics and just does what's right for America. He came from the Tea Party, no? I just can't imagine there being that many Republicans more different than what Lee purports himself to be than Huntsman.

Comment

Still - the question remains. How does a guy who promotes himself as a strict conservative and constitutionalist endorse a guy like Huntsman?

And - if he's doing it due to favors being called in, how does he now convince us that he hasn't been bought by "beltway politics" and isn't willing to throw his support behind the highest bidder?

Don't get me wrong - I'm pretty pragmatic at heart and feel like you get further by working together and compromising as necessary. But Lee built himself up as the guy who doesn't compromise. The guy who stands apart from politics and just does what's right for America. He came from the Tea Party, no? I just can't imagine there being that many Republicans more different than what Lee purports himself to be than Huntsman.
                          Lee's a fraud. He just puts on the Tea Party/Constitutional Conservative front because that's what got him elected and what is appealing to a certain base of Utah voters (particularly those on the Central Committee of the Utah Republican Party). He used to work for Huntsman, so he endorsed him out of loyalty. Cox isn't a favorite of the Central Committee, so it doesn't hurt Lee that much in their eyes.

An endorsement of Cox by Mitt would probably push Cox over the top and be more helpful than Lee's endorsement of Huntsman will end up being.

Comment

Originally posted by UVACoug View Post
                            Lee's a fraud. He just puts on the Tea Party/Constitutional Conservative front because that's what got him elected and what is appealing to a certain base of Utah voters (particularly those on the Central Committee of the Utah Republican Party). He used to work for Huntsman, so he endorsed him out of loyalty. Cox isn't a favorite of the Central Committee, so it doesn't hurt Lee that much in their eyes.

An endorsement of Cox by Mitt would probably push Cox over the top and be more helpful than Lee's endorsement of Huntsman will end up being.
                            I wonder about Mitt right now. He's still in deep water over the impeachment removal vote with way too many Utahn's in my view. Not saying he won't be re-elected when it comes up - but he'll definitely be in for a fight. That said - I'm not sure a Mitt endorsement is as big a help for a governor candidate as what it would've been 6 months ago.

Comment

New poll out today. Cox leads Huntsman 39% to 32%. But still within the margin of error.

https://utahpolicy.com/index.php/fea...3p261RH2qtXwKg

Comment

Just wish some of these GOP candidates didn't feel like they have to sell their soul and support a scumbag like trump in order to get elected.
                                I'm like LeBron James.
                                -mpfunk

Comment

Working...
                                X