Social Media Outrage/Cancel Culture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by All-American View Post

Well since Biden wasn’t actually elected we don’t know that he is wrong.
    "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
    "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
    - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
      I predict almost every newspaper in America drops him within a week. He deserves a good cancelling.
      SUwish!

‘Dilbert’ dropped by The Post, other papers, after cartoonist’s racist rant

The Washington Post, the USA Today network of hundreds of newspapers, the Cleveland Plain Dealer, the Los Angeles Times and other publications announced they would stop publishing “Dilbert” after Adams’s racist rant on YouTube on Wednesday. Asked on Saturday how many newspapers still carried the strip — a workplace satire he created in 1989 — Adams told The Post: “By Monday, around zero.”
      This made me guffaw.

Asked to comment in more detail about his remarks and the mass cancellations, Adams initially declined. He later told The Post in a text message: “Lots of people are angry, but I haven’t seen any disagreement yet, at least not from anyone who saw the context. Some questioned the poll data. That’s fair.”
      This is exactly the type of thinking that his strip parodied so well.
      Last edited by myboynoah; 02-25-2023, 10:41 PM.
      Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Originally posted by myboynoah View Post

SUwish!

This made me guffaw.

This is exactly the type of thinking that his strip parodied so well.
        Yes indeed. The man has zero self-awareness.
        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Well now he has time to compete with Ben Garrison for the online racist-curious audience.
          "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
          "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
          - SeattleUte

Comment

• Not too surprising, given his South African roots, but bloody hell...

"There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

• Spoiler for Trigger Warning for showing some of Adams's work:
              This discussion reminds me of a cartoon strip someone posted on our company bulletin board in Iraq. After a time, people started going home on leave for a couple of weeks. The most junior soldiers got the chance to leave first, until our someone told the Battalion Commander that all the senior leadership would be going home right before the deployment ended, and they would be needed to direct the retrograde mission during that time. As a staff sergeant, I was one of a handful of people that never got the chance to take leave.

Our company first sergeant went home during the holidays for emergency leave (his wife was having knee surgery.) And our company commander ended up going home during Christmas. This didn't sit too well with someone:

Leave.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                Not too surprising, given his South African roots, but bloody hell...

Hilarious. That perfectly encapsulates one problem reacting against woke culture. The loudest critics are usually the most privileged ones.
                - SeattleUte

Comment

• Amazing how many of the favorite social media outrage terms are listed here.

https://time.com/6262891/psychology-...ic-narcissist/

I'm sure though that this article is just written by a narcissist trying to gaslight people and trigger their trauma. Maybe we all can trauma-bond over this experience. Also, I'm sorry to the Dude for love-bombing you, it was really toxic behavior.
                  Last edited by MartyFunkhouser; 03-23-2023, 11:45 AM.
                  As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                  --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• We've reached the point where boomers that get exposed to cancel culture from Fox News are way more annoying than hyper-sensitive GenZers.

Comment

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                      We've reached the point where boomers that get exposed to cancel culture from Fox News are way more annoying than hyper-sensitive GenZers.
                      Bunch of snowflakes!

Comment

• Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
                        Amazing how many of the favorite social media outrage terms are listed here.

I'm sure though that this article is just written by a narcissist trying to gaslight people and trigger their trauma. Maybe we all can trauma-bond over this experience. Also, I'm sorry to the Dude for love-bombing you, it was really toxic behavior.
                        I always equated using such terms as somewhere between using the terms loosely and exaggerating. Take "triggering". Do I really think I'm going to send someone into a panic attack or a flashback when I use it? No. But people understand what I mean. There are specific criteria listed in the latest DSM to diagnose someone as a narcissist, but it's much easier, if less accurate, to say that they're a narcissist than it is to say they exhibit narcissitic traits.

​​​​​​tldr: Naomi Torres-Mackie is

Comment

• Most people who say "you are gaslighting me" really mean "stop disagreeing with me".

Comment

• Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
                            Most people who say "you are gaslighting me" really mean "stop disagreeing with me".
                            You just gaslighted me!

Comment

• Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
                              Amazing how many of the favorite social media outrage terms are listed here.

Comment

• Not sure if this is quite the right thread, but it's kind of funny and sad how the Canada Prime Minister's official home has become an abandoned rat infested hole because of political and media pressure not to spend any money on its upkeep.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-65208045

A January opinion poll by the non-profit Angus Reid Institute suggested that half the country opposes renovating the dwelling. A third of respondents told the pollster the best course forward is to start from scratch and build a modern home for the head of government.

Comment

Working...
                                X