No announcement yet.

The Energy Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fusion prototype 5 years away, sez Lockheed.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/...0I41EM20141015
    "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
    "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
    - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
      Fusion prototype 5 years away, sez Lockheed.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/...0I41EM20141015
      Lockheed Martin Corp said on Wednesday it had made a technological breakthrough in developing a power source based on nuclear fusion, and the first reactors, small enough to fit on the back of a truck, could be ready for use in a decade.
      mr-fusion.jpg
      "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
      "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
      "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]5008[/ATTACH]
        I'm not getting my hopes up. I was supposed to have my hoverboard by now
        "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
        "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
        - SeattleUte

Comment

no, no you weren't.

Comment

Not until 2015. And not until you're willing to dress like this:

Biff.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
              no, no you weren't.
              Originally posted by LVAllen View Post
              Not until 2015. And not until you're willing to dress like this:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5009[/ATTACH]
              I stand corrected. I will stay my anger for another year.
              - SeattleUte

Comment

• Oil prices are in a free fall
                "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                  Oil prices are in a free fall
                  Oil?!? We don't need no stinking oil!

cold_fusion.jpg
                  "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                  "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                  "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                  GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Sorry man, but you are the only one here disappointed by that.

Comment

• There may be one or two other people here who are disappointed by that...say...a guy who has lost around 40k in unvested shares of stock in his/her company in the last month. Sorry kids, the trip to Disney World is off!!
                      Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

What are they down, like 25%? Is that a free fall? Russia and Venezuela getting the crap kicked out of them doesn't hurt my feelings.

Too bad Viking isn't here so we can renew our battle over "some" f'en hedge funds.

Comment

• Originally posted by imanihonjin View Post
                          Sorry man, but you are the only one here disappointed by that.
                          Not true, Gas and oil is a major industry in my area, and depressed prices equals depressed (and unemployed) people.
                          "Sure, I fought. I had to fight all my life just to survive. They were all against me. Tried every dirty trick to cut me down, but I beat the bastards and left them in the ditch."

- Ty Cobb

Comment

• Originally posted by byu71 View Post
                            What are they down, like 25%? Is that a free fall? Russia and Venezuela getting the crap kicked out of them doesn't hurt my feelings.

Too bad Viking isn't here so we can renew our battle over "some" f'en hedge funds.
                            You are in luck! He posts regularly on UB5. Sign up and enjoy.

www.utahby5.com

Or you could always go over to shaggybevo.com and commiserate with him on how much BYU and the church sucks. He goes by dallasviking there.
                            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                              Or you could always go over to shaggybevo.com and commiserate with him on how much BYU and the church sucks. He goes by dallasviking there.
                              Really, you are going to accuse me of saying BYU and the church sucks. You ought to start posting again on CB. Right now they could use some more true blue, loyal, raw raw guys over there to rip on anyone who happens to criticize something dealing with BYU and the church.

I know you are so well respected around here and your claim that I say BYU and the church suck would carry some weight. After all you are a scientist and so anything you say is valid.

It's too bad you use that credibility to spread horse manure.

Comment

• Originally posted by byu71 View Post
                                Really, you are going to accuse me of saying BYU and the church sucks. You ought to start posting again on CB. Right now they could use some more true blue, loyal, raw raw guys over there to rip on anyone who happens to criticize something dealing with BYU and the church.

I know you are so well respected around here and your claim that I say BYU and the church suck would carry some weight. After all you are a scientist and so anything you say is valid.

It's too bad you use that credibility to spread horse manure.
                                It was a joke, you dunce. That is what he was doing over there.

And what in the hell does "raw raw" mean?
                                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Working...
                                X