• Show
Clear All

• ugh this dude

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/202...musk-rcna85288

Comment

• Originally posted by Maximus View Post
      Ugh at Must too

Comment

• elon will control the info flow for the primaries and elections. hmm.

Comment

elon will control the info flow for the primaries and elections. hmm.
          He is a creepy megalomaniac who can't stomach criticism.

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post

He is a creepy megalomaniac who can't stomach criticism.
            Criticism reflux disease?
            "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
            - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• May Ron's campaign end as brilliantly as it began

Last edited by Maximus; 05-25-2023, 05:32 AM.

Comment

• So I guess it is DEE-santis and not DUH-santis.
                Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• You cannot out-Trump Trump and hope to beat him. It is a universal Truth:

"...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                  "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                  - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
                    So I guess it is DEE-santis and not DUH-santis.
                    Prepping the future tie in of "It's De-Lovely" as a custom campaign song.

Comment

elon will control the info flow for the primaries and elections. hmm.
                      Maybe he will be the George Soros of the Republican Party as well.
                      "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                      "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                      "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• https://www.theonion.com/ron-desanti...nsi-1850475896

Screenshot 2023-05-26 at 1.07.53 PM.png

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post

Maybe he will be the George Soros of the Republican Party as well.
                          Not a good parallel. Elon isn't a behind the scenes big financial backer, he is deeply narcissistic individual with extremely limited empathy who likes showing off and being front and center, whether he should be or not.

Comment

• One of my favorite talks from my youth was delivered by Hugh B. Brown, entitled "God is the Gardner." For reasons unrelated to politics, I just re-read the talk for the first time in 30+ years. it was delivered at the BYU Commencement exercises in May 1968 at a time of considerable political turmoil (this was within three months either side of LBJ's not running again announcement, the assassinations of MLK and RFK, riots throughout the country, etc.). These comments from President Brown's talk are noteworthy, even today (excuse the sexist pronouns when he's referring to our leaders):

You young people are leaving your university at a time when our nation is engaged in an abrasive and increasingly strident process of electing a president. I wonder if you would permit me—one who has managed to survive a number of these events—to pass on to you a few words of counsel.

First, I would like you to be reassured that the leaders of both major political parties in this land are men of integrity and unquestioned patriotism. Beware of those who feel obliged to prove their own patriotism by calling into question the loyalty of others. Be skeptical of those who attempt to demonstrate their love of country by demeaning its institutions. Know that the men of both major political parties who guide the nation’s executive, legislative, and judicial branches are men of unquestioned loyalty, and we should stand by and support them. And this refers not only to one party but to all. Strive to develop a maturity of mind and emotion and a depth of spirit that will enable you to differ with others on matters of politics without calling into question the integrity of those with whom you differ. Allow within the bounds of your definition of religious orthodoxy a variation of political belief. Do not have the temerity to dogmatize on issues where the Lord has seen fit to be silent.

At a time when radicals of the right or left would inflame race against race, avoid those who preach evil doctrines of racism. When our Father declared that we, His children, were brothers and sisters, He did not limit this relationship on the basis of race. Strive to develop that true love of country that realizes that real patriotism must include within it a regard for the people, for the inhabitants of the rest of the globe. Patriots have never demanded of good men the hatred of another country as proof of one’s love for his own. Acquire tolerance and compassion for others and for those of a different political persuasion or race or religion. This is something demanded by the heavenly parentage that we all have in common.

Comment

• Interesting that he decries racism even though the Church at the time still did not allow priesthood participation for all races.
                              "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                              - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                                One of my favorite talks from my youth was delivered by Hugh B. Brown, entitled "God is the Gardner." For reasons unrelated to politics, I just re-read the talk for the first time in 30+ years. it was delivered at the BYU Commencement exercises in May 1968 at a time of considerable political turmoil (this was within three months either side of LBJ's not running again announcement, the assassinations of MLK and RFK, riots throughout the country, etc.). These comments from President Brown's talk are noteworthy, even today (excuse the sexist pronouns when he's referring to our leaders):
                                Timeless words. I mean, I was barely a month old, so when I say timeless, I mean a really really long time!

Comment

Working...
                                X