2024 Presidential Election Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nikki Haley throws her hat in the ring.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
      Nikki Haley throws her hat in the ring.
      Consitently polling at the bottom of the pack, she has huge growth potential.
      "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
      "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
      - SeattleUte

Comment

Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post

lol
        Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Originally posted by fusnik View Post
          https://mobile.twitter.com/thehill/s...79399243456514

No way the moderate republicans will fall in line and renominate Trump!!!!
          Good hell, Hogan.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Today's GOP is populist and tolerant of conspiracies. A candidate who doesn't at least speak like a populist won't have a chance. So what potential candidate is most likely to be able to speak like a populist but actually be a normie and moderate in office? Is there such a candidate out there?

Comment

Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post

Especially when the dems throw Drumpf in jail... What are y'all waiting for?
              "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
              "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
              "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Absolutely brutal article about Kamala Harris in today's NYT.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/02/06/u...ct-legacy.html

But the painful reality for Ms. Harris is that in private conversations over the last few months, dozens of Democrats in the White House, on Capitol Hill and around the nation — including some who helped put her on the party’s 2020 ticket — said she had not risen to the challenge of proving herself as a future leader of the party, much less the country. Even some Democrats whom her own advisers referred reporters to for supportive quotes confided privately that they had lost hope in her.
                Now with Mr. Biden appearing all but certain to run again, the concern over Ms. Harris has shifted to whether she will be a political liability for the ticket. Given that Mr. Biden at 80 is already the oldest president in American history, Republicans would most likely make Ms. Harris, who is 58, a prime attack line, arguing that a vote for Mr. Biden may in fact be a vote to put her in the Oval Office.

“That will be in my opinion one of the most hard-hitting arguments against Biden,” said John Morgan, a prominent fund-raiser for Democrats, including Mr. Biden, and a former Florida finance chairman for President Bill Clinton. “It doesn’t take a genius to say, ‘Look, with his age, we have to really think about this.’”
                Ouch.
                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

Ouch.
                  That must be mostly behind the scenes work, because VP's don't really distinguish themselves as VP's, do they?

Comment

Ouch.
                    She got so much traction out of a few minutes of questioning during the Kavanaugh hearings.

We seem to be so intent on finding saviors in certain packages that we can skip much needed vetting, or just simply ignore warning signs.

Comment

Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post

That must be mostly behind the scenes work, because VP's don't really distinguish themselves as VP's, do they?
                      Lots of VPs have ended up as presidential candidates. Joe Biden, for starters.

The problem is that she is about as exciting as cold oatmeal on her best days.
                      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

Originally posted by myboynoah View Post

She got so much traction out of a few minutes of questioning during the Kavanaugh hearings.

We seem to be so intent on finding saviors in certain packages that we can skip much needed vetting, or just simply ignore warning signs.
                        I don't even remember what she did in the hearings. If that was the reason why Biden's team picked her, they really dropped the ball on that one.
                        "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                        "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                        - SeattleUte

Comment

Lots of VPs have ended up as presidential candidates. Joe Biden, for starters.

The problem is that she is about as exciting as cold oatmeal on her best days.
                          Sure they do. But is that because they distinguished themselves as VP's?

Comment

I think they usually try not to tarnish their reputations. Harris has that issue. Most VPs can simply say they were so close to the action they got OJT and are therefore ready to step right in.
                            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post

I think they usually try not to tarnish their reputations. Harris has that issue. Most VPs can simply say they were so close to the action they got OJT and are therefore ready to step right in.
                              Has she? She's seemed unremarkable one way or the other. Maybe I'm not paying close enough attention.

Comment

You clearly have not. She is a sinking ship in her own party. Nobody seems to like the prospect of a Harris candidacy.

Comment

Working...
                                X