Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Mass Shooting Thread

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...lubq-shooting/

The anti-Drag hate is gonna get a lot more people killed.
    "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

We throw around and use the term hero too often. However, even if he would not describe himself as one, Richard Fierro is a hero. It sounds like without his quick and decisive action that the death count of this shooting would have been significantly worse.

https://apnews.com/article/crime-sho...5eded9826a7def

“I have never encountered a person who had engaged in such heroic actions who was so humble about it,” Colorado Springs Police Chief Adrian Vasquez said of Fierro on Monday. “He simply said to me, ‘I was trying to protect my family.’”

. . .

Though his actions saved lives, Fierro said the deaths — including his daughter’s boyfriend, Vance — were a tragedy both personal and for the broader community. The self-described “dude from San Diego” who said he was from a family of immigrants rebuffed the idea that he was a hero and asked to keep focus on those whose lives were lost.
    This interview with him really is powerful.

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1594...Fid%3D29857263

Here is the full interview.
    https://www.cnn.com/2022/11/22/us/ri...lub-q-shooting
    As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
    --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Another mass shooting in VA. What motivates people to do this? It doesn't make any sense to me.

Comment

And now I'm reading Aldrich from the CO shooting is non binary--uses they/them pronouns.

Comment

Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
          And now I'm reading Aldrich from the CO shooting is non binary--uses they/them pronouns.
          With respect- don't buy too much into self-serving statements designed to counter hate crime charges.

Since this is the MS thread, and not just the CO mass shooting(s) threas:

November 22, 2022 - 6 people were killed and 4 other wounded in a shooting at a Wal-Mart in Chesapeake, Virginia.

Comment

Originally posted by LVAllen View Post

With respect- don't buy too much into self-serving statements designed to counter hate crime charges.

Since this is the MS thread, and not just the CO mass shooting(s) threas:

November 22, 2022 - 6 people were killed and 4 other wounded in a shooting at a Wal-Mart in Chesapeake, Virginia.
            Crazy. I hadn't read much about it, but that's what's going on? I assumed there must have been a history. Stinking lawyers.

Comment

Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post

Crazy. I hadn't read much about it, but that's what's going on? I assumed there must have been a history. Stinking lawyers.
              The claim came in a a footnote in a number of motions filed by defense counsel. The footnote claims that the subject uses they/them and prefers to be referred to as Mx. Aldritch. The victims of the shooting, while happy to honor preferred pronouns, have registered skepticism at the sudden unsupported claim, and would much rather the subject be referred to as the Late Anderson Aldritch.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Maximus View Post

Is that really him?

Comment

Originally posted by BigPiney View Post

Is that really him?
                    I sure hope it is not his father. If it is his father, it would explain a lot.
                    As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                    --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

of course it is "we are mormon, we dont do gay"

Comment

Good grief what a horrible human being.
                        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post

I sure hope it is not his father. If it is his father, it would explain a lot.
                          also kind of dispels the "trans" theory going around. We'll doesn't categorically exclude it, but give no indication to its veracity.

Comment

There's a full 20 minute interview. I pulled out the salient parts in the "Please don't be a Mormon, don't be a Mormon. Dammit, he's a Mormon" thread.

https://www.cougarstadium.com/forum/...59#post2272859
                            Last edited by LVAllen; 11-23-2022, 04:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X