Idaho primaries are intense

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idaho primaries are intense

Secretary of State, lt Governor, Governor. Ag, Mike Simpsons and Bryan Smith really going at it already. I haven’t seen Idaho primaries this intense for some time. When it is over relief.

In which part of Idaho do you live? I've disliked Mike Simpson since his days in the Idaho statehouse. Bryan Smith is one of my Facebook friends, but he's definitely a looney. Tom Luna used to be my mom's home teacher, and she thought he was crazy. That said, I'm one of those who wouldn't mind seeing the end of Brad Little's time in office.

Comment

Originally posted by jadesroom View Post
      In which part of Idaho do you live? I've disliked Mike Simpson since his days in the Idaho statehouse. Bryan Smith is one of my Facebook friends, but he's definitely a looney. Tom Luna used to be my mom's home teacher, and she thought he was crazy. That said, I'm one of those who wouldn't mind seeing the end of Brad Little's time in office.
      What don't you like about Little?
      "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
      - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Watching Jeopardy this evening, there's an ad for Mike Simpson, followed immediately by an ad against Mike Simpson. Being an independent (not a member of any party), I don't get to vote one way or the other for those guys. I haven't seen a single ad or even a sign that wasn't for a Republican. I'm not sure if there is even anything for a person like me to vote for. And since the majority of Idahoans are going to vote Republican, the most important election is the upcoming primary.

Everybody is trying to prove that they're more conservative than their opponent. There are a few, like McGeachin, that come across even in their ads as loonies.

I'll be happy when the primary election is behind us and we get a few months without political ads.

Comment

The Lunas are in my daughter's ward in Caldwell. They are weird.

I like Simpson - as much as I like most politicians. He is conservative but a pragmatist- we need more pragmatism. McGeachin is batshit insane-and Little gets very little of my attention, which is a good thing IMO, so I hope he wins. I am not a fan of Bryan Smith. Schmarmy mormon type of which my instinct, and what I know about his law practice, causes me to think he is a total snake. I figure Simpson is a bit of a snake to be a politician but my alarms with him don't go off as much as they do with Smith.
          Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
          -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
          -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

I finally looked up what I get to vote for in the primary election. There are 13 judges on the [not a member of any party] ballot and that's it. The only choices are to either fill in the square for each one or not. All are incumbents. No actual choices in any of the races. I checked out what the Democrats get to vote for and there is one race for congress with two choices. Otherwise theirs is pretty much like mine except more boxes to fill in.

The Republican ballot is three pages with lots of names for each office. And some of the ones with the most ads on TV aren't even in the same district as me, apparently, so even if I belonged to that party I still wouldn't get to vote in their particular races.

At least now I know why I haven't seen a single sign out there that wasn't for a Republican.

I'm still going to vote in the primary, even though I doubt that it will make any difference whatsoever.

Comment

I can’t watch a free movie on YouTube without it breaking for ads for Smith and Simpson. Some older movies you can watch for free on YouTube. Smith and Simpson ran against each other before. I’m not fond of lt Governor running for Governor. Some people don’t like Wasden for Attorney General. Hispanic congressman running now. Was in congress before. David Haight’s Alma mater has resident running for second in command.

not too many educators liked Luna. I don’t know much about present Ed sec. One panther was longtime sec of state but who pays attention to that?

Judges rarely campaign. Only time I heard it was when one sided with Aclu and against farmers. Fal is retained and Spring to replace someone and often incumbent judge on there. We had recall petitions for judge but how often do change.org signs work? Craps has no competition six more years of him.

old rs presidents bro, ga,s son and Utah Govs nephew lobbying for Smith and worked at ag department for Trump. Was Bishop in wild horse town that won 2a b-ball championship this year. Had business dealings with him. Employer did. Neighbors of ours married to relative of wife, he knew several business associates of ours.

Comment

Simpson brings in millions of dollars to Idaho through the INEL. His dam proposal is getting some bad ink but he’s just trying to get out ahead of things before the federal government breaches these dams without a plan. The IFF, Smith’s group, is bad for Idaho. McGeachin and Giddins would make Idaho look like a haven for racist once again and Labrador is an idiot. Bedke is a good man and Wasden has done exactly what a Attorney General should do. These men have not moved off their principles, it’s the lunatic fringe trying to hide behind the Republican name. Ron Nate is totally bat shit crazy, I’m pretty sure I’m the only one in this district on this board, but I’m doing everything I can to make sure he is no longer in there.
                Last edited by RC Vikings; 05-10-2022, 07:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by grapevine View Post
                  old rs presidents bro, ga,s son and Utah Govs nephew lobbying for Smith and worked at ag department for Trump. Was Bishop in wild horse town that won 2a b-ball championship this year. Had business dealings with him. Employer did. Neighbors of ours married to relative of wife, he knew several business associates of ours.
                  Is this Bangerter? He spoke to the Boise JRC Law Society a couple years ago. Ugh, was basically praising Trump the entire time, even touted Trump's "spirituality" with a straight face.
                  "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
                  "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
                  This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
                  "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
                  "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Comment

Originally posted by grapevine View Post
                    I’m not fond of lt Governor running for Governor.
                    I'm not fond of her running for any office whatsoever. The term "lunatic fringe" fits her well.

Comment

Originally posted by Lost Student View Post

Is this Bangerter? He spoke to the Boise JRC Law Society a couple years ago. Ugh, was basically praising Trump the entire time, even touted Trump's "spirituality" with a straight face.
                      Yep. real philosophical with family members of ours. I remember when someone’s word and a handshake was all you need. Not real sure how they Took him. He hauled Mike Crapo around to all his town meetings. Worked for him then. Crapo good chance of serving thirty years in Senate. In House four years before that. Neighbor of ours married Caveman up there. She was volleyball standout Madre was coach. Madre passed away a couple years ago and quit coaching before that. Was ad for some time. Her husband tried to get job our way maybe coach volleyball himself. Secretarial. Didn’t get it. She played volleyball one year at Cof I before going to Ricks. I think she does club volleyball. Hubby had older siblings that were good athletes at Ricks. He wanted to bring it back

Bangerter was there Bishop before going to Washington. I’ve seen him around and he knows several family friends of ours.

People have pulled religion card with Wasden. Don’t know how many deputy prosecutors are members. Attorneys have access to things that the public doesn’t. Doubt he pays much attention to we’re people go to church. Daybell case turned it back to Madison. and Fremont County. Professional in how he explained everything. Good job there.

A know it all farmers wife is running for commissioner. People upset with county assessor. County races. Legislative district as it takes Blaine County will get few dems. I don’t know much about them myself.

Comment

It's primary election day in Idaho. I can't bring myself to vote for either of the 2 favorites, Little or mcGeachin. Looking at the alternatives, I've decided to vote for Humphreys. His rags to riches story either fooled me or convinced me or both.

Comment

It's primary election day in Idaho. I can't bring myself to vote for either of the 2 favorites, Little or mcGeachin. Looking at the alternatives, I've decided to vote for Humphreys. His rags to riches story either fooled me or convinced me or both.
                          Why not Little?
                          "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                          - Goatnapper'96

Comment

For some reason I'm getting hit up w campaign texts for different candidates up in Idaho bragging about how they are the most Trumpy of the possible candidates. Gee that's great-- too bad they can't all get caught in a barn fire.
                            "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Originally posted by Scott R Nelson View Post
                              I'm still going to vote in the primary, even though I doubt that it will make any difference whatsoever.
                              I voted this morning. They asked me which ballot I wanted. I specifically asked them if it could be different than my "party affiliation", and they said that it doesn't matter how I'm registered.

So I picked the one party that has a bunch of actual races to vote in and tried my best to not pick anybody in the lunatic fringe. It was a pleasant surprise that I had that choice. Now just one more day of those terrible TV ads and it will be over for a while. I'm curious how long it will be before all of the signs are removed, though.

Comment

Working...
                              X