No announcement yet.

2022 Midterm Elections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm fine with mail in ballots and early voting, but debates should be completed before voting starts (if people even debate moving forward) and there has to be a streamlined and reasonably quick way of counting ballots.

Comment

• thank god we have elon!

image.png?width=967&height=564.png

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

Yeah, he pry my early-vote-by-mail privileges from my cold, dead hands.
        States have been voting early and by mail for years without a problem. The politicization of the mode of voting brought on by Trump as an excuse for having lost has to be one the most asinine issues ever in American politics. Even dumber on Republicans' part because the main effect of having made it an issue is the suppression of their own side's vote.
        Last edited by BlueK; 11-17-2022, 06:11 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maximus View Post
          "100 chicks at the same time"
          "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

• Laser focused on the important issues:

Hunter Biden for the next two years. Ted will be happy.
            "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
            "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
            - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
              Laser focused on the important issues:

Hunter Biden for the next two years. Ted will be happy.
              Yup, here comes the circus. The more they dive into the nonsense the more they get trounced in 2024. For winning the next election they would have been better off having the dems narrowly keep the House. But since they won't be able to avoid running straight for the crazy, the Republicans will turn off all independents and moderates.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/rcna55912

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post

Yup, here comes the circus. The more they dive into the nonsense the more they get trounced in 2024. For winning the next election they would have been better off having the dems narrowly keep the House. But since they won't be able to avoid running straight for the crazy, the Republicans will turn off all independents and moderates.

Interesting discussion on what the next 2 years will look like on the NYT podcast yesterday. Ironically, a narrow republican margin in the house gives the far-right crazies (MTG, etc) more power because they know that they kill any compromise legislation with only a few votes. So expect them to do a ton of things that don't have a prayer of accomplishing anything (trying to impeaching biden, etc) but are done just for the sake of giving red meat to the radical base.
                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Agreed.

Comment

• Swish! Didn't I tell y'all this was coming?

Then there is this crypto guy that seems to have lots of ties to the Dems... I guess they are planning on having him back in front of the congress. I wonder what he will say when they ask him why he was giving so much to the Dems.

5DP2EXB7p6DA.jpg
                    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post

"100 chicks at the same time"
                      LOL - I love Lawrence.

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post

Swish! Didn't I tell y'all this was coming?

Then there is this crypto guy that seems to have lots of ties to the Dems... I guess they are planning on having him back in front of the congress. I wonder what he will say when they ask him why he was giving so much to the Dems.

5DP2EXB7p6DA.jpg
                        No one is surprised the circus is coming.

Comment

No one is surprised the circus is coming.
                          Y'all need to help this big time Dem donor out... He needs to raise $8 billion in two weeks:

Defiant Sam Bankman-Fried declares he has ‘2 weeks to raise $8b’ after FTX bankruptcy
                          [...]
                          "I have 2 weeks to raise $8 billion; that's basically all that matters for the rest [of] my life." he wrote, responding to a question about his plans.

"A month ago, I was one of the world's greatest fundraisers; now I'm the fallen wreckage of one."
                          [...]
                          https://interestingengineering.com/c...weeks-raise-8b

Maybe y'all could set him up a 'GoFund' page.
                          "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Y'all need to help this big time Dem donor out... He needs to raise $8 billion in two weeks:

https://interestingengineering.com/c...weeks-raise-8b

Maybe y'all could set him up a 'GoFund' page.
                            Maybe you could do it, since you seem to be the only one who cares about this guy.
                            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post

Maybe you could do it, since you seem to be the only one who cares about this guy.
                              No... I just want to watch him fry.
                              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

No... I just want to watch him fry.
                                Ok. No gofundmes then.
                                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                                X