The Political Ad Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Political Ad Thread

We've had some year-specific political ad threads, but hopefully we can aggregate future posts in this larger thread.

Here is a great new ad from Michele Fiore, former Nevada Assembly leader and current Las Vegas City Councilwoman who just announced a run for governor. If Ford isn't paying her for this ad, they better be suing her for stealing their IP.

Last edited by falafel; 10-19-2021, 12:02 PM.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

She seems like a horrible person.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
      We've had some year-specific political ad threads, but hopefully we can aggregate future posts in this larger thread.

Here is a great new ad from Michele Fiore, former Nevada Assembly leader and current Clark County Commissioner who just announced a run for governor. If Ford isn't paying her for this ad, they better be suing her for stealing their IP.

Man, she has something to get off her chest, doesn't she? Y'all there in LV deserve her as your county commissioner.
      "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
      "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
      "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post

Man, she has something to get off her chest, doesn't she? Y'all there in LV deserve her as your county commissioner.
        She definitely has an inflated view of herself.

Also, I misspoke. She is a Las Vegas City Councilwoman, not County Commissioner. Which means she doesn't represent me.

Also, also, there was an interesting development regarding Ms. Fiore recently. She and one of her colleagues on the City Council apparently got into a physical altercation recently and it was recorded on the City's CCTV system. When the newspaper found out about it made a public records request, the City had destroyed the video, claiming it was done under their vendor's "normal document retention policy". I don't think it had been more than 14 days between the fight and the request.

Depending on the content of the video, I have a feeling a copy of it will surface during her campaign. Allegedly Fiore ran from the other Councilwoman and hid in Mayor Goodman's office.
        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Not so subtle nod to violence as she holds her gun while saying 'Biden'.

A very serious politician.
          "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
          "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
          - SeattleUte

Comment

Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
            Not so subtle nod to violence as she holds her gun while saying 'Biden'.

A very serious politician.
            Note that the "boring, moderate, blue-blazer politician" on the tv screen she pushes off the table is Mitt Romney.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
              She seems like a horrible person.
              She is absolutely the worst type of person. Dumb as a bag of rocks from a policy standpoint, but very cagey. As corrupt as the summer day is long, but guns and Trump and stuff. So she's got a chance. She forced her way onto a LV board and then used it to travel on the city's dime.

A Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority board member traveled around the world last year at the agency’s expense amid growing scrutiny over inappropriate spending and perks for its board.

Michele Fiore, a Las Vegas city councilwoman who joined the board in March, has taken four international trips since May despite recent policy reform aimed at limiting board member travel to one trip a year, records show.

Fiore received permission for the additional trips from then-board Chairman Lawrence Weekly under an exemption that requires the chairman’s approval.

But in just seven months, records show, Fiore spent about $33,000 in taxpayer funds, accounting for nearly half of all board travel since 2016 and raising questions about whether she violated the intent of the policy. Fiore’s travels appear to show a disconnect between a push to reform the agency under a new CEO and a board that has enjoyed expensive gifts, VIP treatment at LVCVA-sponsored events and worldwide travel.

To help fund some of the trips, Fiore also used campaign contributions, drawing concerns about whether the spending potentially violated campaign laws that prohibit the use of donations for personal expenses.

Fiore said her trips to Brazil, Japan, Singapore and Spain last year were needed to help sell Las Vegas as a tourist destination. She said she plans to take more trips funded by the LVCVA, including visiting all of the agency’s offices overseas.

“I went into this as knowing this was a traveling board,” she said in an interview. “We are in 14 countries and, just for the record, I plan on going to all 14 countries.”

Fiore allowed only 15 minutes for the interview, and she left before answering all of the questions.

Watch the video for a clip of her defending her travel as work, not vacation:

https://www.reviewjournal.com/invest...pense-1581706/
              Last edited by Donuthole; 10-19-2021, 02:07 PM.
              Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

is that not artemis dubois?

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Working...
                X