Biden/Harris: A Presidency for All Americans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
    The easiest, best, and most rewarding thing Biden could do for the economy right now would be to remove Trump's tariffs. This is the biggest no-brainer there could be for him right now.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/03/polit...ffs/index.html
    Lifting Trump's tariffs would be excellent. And while they're at it, repeal the Jones Act and reduce maritime shipping costs.

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post

Lifting Trump's tariffs would be excellent. And while they're at it, repeal the Jones Act and reduce maritime shipping costs.
      Democrats have always loved tariffs as a way to protect American jobs. I doubt that has changed in the past couple years.
      "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post

Democrats have always loved tariffs as a way to protect American jobs. I doubt that has changed in the past couple years.
        True, but hopefully their hatred of all things Trump will outweigh their traditional bias.

Comment

• More proof Joe's approval ratings are in the toilet... the left leaning Quinnipiac poll reports that Biden has only a 38% approval rating:

Biden approval rating falls to low of 38 percent: Quinnipiac poll

A majority of voters disapprove of President Biden's job performance, according to a new poll from Quinnipiac University, which found the president is struggling to keep support among independent voters in particular.

The poll found 38 percent of those surveyed approve of Biden's job performance, while 53 percent disapprove. Biden's numbers dropped from a Quinnipiac poll released last month that found 42 percent had approved of his performance and 50 percent disapproved.

The dip can largely be contributed to Biden's loss of support among independents, 60 percent of whom said they disapproved of his job performance. In September, the poll found 52 percent of independents gave Biden poor marks.
          [...]
          The Quinnipiac poll is the latest to show Biden's approval rating sinking, particularly among independents.

A Gallup poll last week found Biden’s approval rating among independents falling to 37 percent, the lowest it has been since Biden took office, and slipping 24 points below his 61 percent approval rating at the beginning of his administration.

And an Associated Press poll released last Friday found Biden’s approval rating among independents had dropped from 62 percent in July to 38 percent in September. That poll put Biden's overall approval rating at 50 percent, down from 54 percent in August.
          https://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...uinnipiac-poll

And most believe Biden isn't competent in handling the federal government:

More than half of respondents — 55% versus 42% — believe Biden’s White House is not competent in its handling of the federal government. A breakdown of the issues show little faith in the longtime lawmaker either.
          https://www.nydailynews.com/news/pol...4lm-story.html

Of course, I have been saying this for some time.

"If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
          "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
          "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Dammit, who let Joe get into Hunter's drug stash again?... The dems need to keep a close watch on him:

When did Illinois get a president?

No wonder most believe Joe Biden is incompetent.
            "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Jake Tapper: “These new poll numbers are frankly brutal for the president..."

v6hmqwgonbs71.jpg
              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Yep Joe Biden’s approval rating is absolutely horrible and sinking fast. And yet his numbers still haven’t dipped below Trumps aggregate average at this point in his presidency.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...proval-rating/

Comment

• Originally posted by beefytee View Post
                  Yep Joe Biden’s approval rating is absolutely horrible and sinking fast. And yet his numbers still haven’t dipped below Trumps aggregate average at this point in his presidency.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...proval-rating/
                  Those polls were fake, but these aren't.

Joe, just remove the tariffs. The economy will respond nicely and your poll numbers will follow.
                  Last edited by BlueK; 10-10-2021, 08:40 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post

Those polls were fake, but these aren't.

Joe, just remove the tariffs. The economy will respond nicely and your poll numbers will follow.
                    Oh, Jake Trapper is fake. Good to know. No wonder he is on CNN.
                    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post

Oh, Jake Trapper is fake. Good to know. No wonder he is on CNN.
                      Ted, you didn't grasp BlueK's point. During the four years of Trump's pathetic polls, his dimwitted fans claimed the polls were fake. But now they (and you) are touting their accuracy. I think they've been pretty accurate all along.

Comment

Ted, you didn't grasp BlueK's point. .
                        Shocker.

Comment

Ted, you didn't grasp BlueK's point. During the four years of Trump's pathetic polls, his dimwitted fans claimed the polls were fake. But now they (and you) are touting their accuracy. I think they've been pretty accurate all along.
                          #ButButButWhatAboutDrumpf Actually the poll Joe just score a 38% has been a historical left leaning one (i.e., over sample Dems).

But who cares about Drumpf? That gov dude from Florida will be the GOP'ers candidate in 2024 and Joe will forget his name.
                          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post

#ButButButWhatAboutDrumpf Actually the poll Joe just score a 38% has been a historical left leaning one (i.e., over sample Dems).

But who cares about Drumpf? That gov dude from Florida will be the GOP'ers candidate in 2024 and Joe will forget his name.
                            Nice Trumpian move--don't acknowledge your own (in this case trivial) screw-up; remain on the attack.

DeSantis won't run if Trump decides to bless us with another run of his own. But since his lips are permanently affixed to Trump's Brobdingnagian buttocks, DeSantis will be in the race one way or the other. Let's hope Trump further cements his place in history as the only person ever to be impeached twice and lose two presidential elections.

Comment

Nice Trumpian move--don't acknowledge your own (in this case trivial) screw-up; remain on the attack.

DeSantis won't run if Trump decides to bless us with another run of his own. But since his lips are permanently affixed to Trump's Brobdingnagian buttocks, DeSantis will be in the race one way or the other. Let's hope Trump further cements his place in history as the only person ever to be impeached twice and lose two presidential elections.
                              Brobdingnagian.
                              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• I learned a new word today!
                                "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                                "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                                - SeattleUte

Comment

Working...
                                X