No announcement yet.

Biden/Harris: A Presidency for All Americans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calling Commando - what should we know about this?

https://twitter.com/mehdirhasan/stat...702794753?s=19

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

"I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post

I felt like she was desperately trying to change the subject and probably dropped an F-bomb when she was off the air.
      Hmmm. Didn't seem like a train wreck to me.
      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
        Calling Commando - what should we know about this?

https://twitter.com/mehdirhasan/stat...702794753?s=19

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
        I see a lot of advocates are freaking out over this, but I'm not sure if it's warranted just yet. I know that to reverse some of the trump era policies we are going to have to bring in and process a lot more asylum seekers-- not only the current caseload, but the backlog of asylum seekers that are just sort of living in ramshackle camps along Mexico's northern border. That processing necessitates some sort of accommodations for them. I don't know if this amounts to cages or jail, because fundamentally I don't think we ought to keep anybody in a cell that is here applying for asylum-- it's just a silly, fundamentally xenophobic notion.

Anyway- I'll reserve my indignation until I find out how exactly these new camps are being utilized.

Having read the article, looks like it's an overflow facility, meant to temporarily handle influxes in numbers. And it's not so much of an 'incarceration' model but run by the Department of Health and Human Services, focused on accommodating people. I'm not outraged. :|
        Last edited by Commando; 02-23-2021, 02:55 PM.
        "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post

I see a lot of advocates are freaking out over this, but I'm not sure if it's warranted just yet. I know that to reverse some of the trump era policies we are going to have to bring in and process a lot more asylum seekers-- not only the current caseload, but the backlog of asylum seekers that are just sort of living in ramshackle camps along Mexico's northern border. That processing necessitates some sort of accommodations for them. I don't know if this amounts to cages or jail, because fundamentally I don't think we ought to keep anybody in a cell that is here applying for asylum-- it's just a silly, fundamentally xenophobic notion.

Anyway- I'll reserve my indignation until I find out how exactly these new camps are being utilized.

Having read the article, looks like it's an overflow facility, meant to temporarily handle influxes in numbers. And it's not so much of an 'incarceration' model but run by the Department of Health and Human Services, focused on accommodating people. I'm not outraged. :|
          The optics are bad but Biden can’t just snap his fingers and instantly reverse four years of bad policy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post

Thanks.
            "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
            - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• The Harris Administration is putting babies in cages!

For the love of god, make it stop! You are making AOC cry again.

"If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
              "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
              "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• AOC should read the article before commenting.

"Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                  AOC should read the article before commenting.

I understand her point, as well. Read her next 2 tweets in that thread-- I am in full agreement with her.
                  "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

AOC should read the article before commenting.

That's not really her shtick, is it? If she read the whole article before she spouted, she really wouldn't be AOC.

She makes her name by spewing out snappy retorts/clapbacks/zingers rather than working on reasonable solutions to extremely difficult and rather intractable problems.

Comment

• The Harris Administration launches airstrikes in Syria... send in the Obama drones!

In other news, Democrats want Uncle Joe to give up the nuke launch codes:

Dozens of House Democrats Call on Biden to Give Up Sole Nuclear Launch Authority

Nearly three dozen House Democrats are urging President Joe Biden to relinquish his sole authority to order the launch of nuclear weapons, arguing that no single person should wield apocalyptic military power.
                      [...]
                      https://www.military.com/daily-news/...authority.html

"I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• An air strike already. Had a full month passed yet? Democrats really hate brown people as long as they aren’t Mexican.

Comment

An air strike already. Had a full month passed yet? Democrats really hate brown people as long as they aren’t Mexican.

They didn't tell El Presidente, Harris?!?

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post

They didn't tell El Presidente, Harris?!?

That's hilarious, if true.

Comment

• "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• If this doesn’t bring Walter back, nothing will.
                                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Working...
                                X