No announcement yet.

Biden/Harris: A Presidency for All Americans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah Biden seems to be flailing as of late. He gets really cantankerous when he thinks he's being attacked. And that's when he goes off message.
    "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
    "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
    - SeattleUte

Comment

• I love the term “mass student debt jubilee”. That’s awesome. Forgiving student loans is the liberal equivalent of trickle down economics.
      "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• On the one hand I think cancelling student loan debt is bad policy in a lot of ways, and counterproductive toward long-term goals.

On the other hand, when my daughter went to college she took out a bunch of student loans rather than just rely on what I gave her so she could eat at Starbucks and Chick-fil-a every day.

So I guess what I am saying is that I am on board.

Comment

• Originally posted by Clark Addison View Post
          On the one hand I think cancelling student loan debt is bad policy in a lot of ways, and counterproductive toward long-term goals.

On the other hand, when my daughter went to college she took out a bunch of student loans rather than just rely on what I gave her so she could eat at Starbucks and Chick-fil-a every day.

So I guess what I am saying is that I am on board.
          I have no idea how student loans work or even how this was possible, but I've had too many conversations with people who used student loans to help pay for a nice vehicle (so they could get to school) and spring break trips (because they needed that break to cut lose and handle the stress of school so that they could do their best) that - as someone who avoided student loan like the plague and didn't have those things - I have a hard time feeling bad for people with "crippling" student debt.

I may be a judgmental asshole - but I tend to believe that if their debt is "crippling" then they probably used it for more than just what was absolutely necessary to get through school. And with that in mind, I'm must more understanding of something like forgiveness of $10K or even $20K or something similar versus all debt.

Interestingly enough, I don't take the same approach when it comes to welfare. For some reason, I feel like a student going to school can suffer a little with beans and rice and no trip to South Beach while they're going to school. It's temporary. They can come out the other side, get a job, and have the money they want to pay for all the fancy things they think they need.

On the other hand - I know people with a limited capacity who are doing their best and living on a combination of minimum wage from McDonalds and welfare. And I'd be OK with welfare providing them with enough that they can occasionally have a vacation. Maybe not multiple weeks in Hawaii every year - but enough they could have something and save up for a nicer trip every few years. I don't think student loans need to provide that, however.

Comment

• C'mon man! You can't blame this all on Joe.

"If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
            "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
            "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• The New York Post, the MAD magazine of newspapers.
              "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
              "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
              - SeattleUte

Comment

Working...
              X